Author Topic: #2 recruit Williamson chooses Duke. Duke acquires #1, 2, and 3 recruits  (Read 3287 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
They basically have a good nba bench for their starters next year

Five-star recruit Zion Williamson, the No. 2 player in the ESPN 100, announced Saturday he will attend Duke.

Duke now has commitments from the three top-rated players in the ESPN 100, with No. 1 R.J. Barrett and No. 3 Cam Reddish joining Williamson in Durham. The Blue Devils also have a commitment from No. 10 Tre Jones.

Duke is the first program to gain commitments from each of the top three recruits in the same class in the ESPN 100 era (since 2007). Per ESPN Stats & Information, Duke now has landed 11 top-three recruits in the ESPN 100 era. Kentucky and Kansas are next on the list, landing four apiece.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:17:58 PM by CelticsElite »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Care not.  UNC holds the record for most NCAA investigations and still stands proud.  Plus, 2017.

Zion has to figure out how to shoot to be dynamic at the NBA level.   I'm not sold on all the hype yet.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Care not.  UNC holds the record for most NCAA investigations and still stands proud.  Plus, 2017.

Zion has to figure out how to shoot to be dynamic at the NBA level.   I'm not sold on all the hype yet.
agree 100%. Seems sort of a worse version of Julius randle. No jump shot.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

agree 100%. Seems sort of a worse version of Julius randle. No jump shot.
He’s almost infinitely more athletic than Julius Randle. I’m not a huge fan of Zion, but he’s got prime Blake level athleticism
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Hey, when you've got the best coach in the history of college basketball and are the greatest program in the history of all college sports, these are the spoils.

University of Nobody Cares can eat dirt.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
He's got superb athleticism, and at 17 years old got a man's body against little kids in high school, so we will have to see. If he can develop his up and coming post game, improve his handling and play making, and get a somewhat decent mid range jumpshot, why not? I'm not convinced he's anything more than a high flier though. Nothing besides his dunking has impressed or made me raise an eyebrow, so we will have to see what happens.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Wait, this guy is 6'7" and weighs 275 lbs? Who does he think he is? Yabusele?

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
What's college basketball?

;)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
This made me think of the Redick podcast with Kyrie.  In it they were talking about how dramatically Duke has changed to be one and done and how much Coach K has also eased up.  That continues.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Hey, when you've got the best coach in the history of college basketball and are the greatest program in the history of all college sports, these are the spoils.

University of Nobody Cares can eat dirt.

Gotta laugh at college fans now hanging their hats on one and done recruiting classes haha.  Like that has all the pride of the sport and college ball intact.

You rent spoils for a year then they run off.  Lets not pat ourselves too hard on the back.

Having lived in Raleigh NC, I know how Duke fans are though (to be fair, UNC can be just as bad  :P )  When I would play ball as the only white guy on the court everyone would call me Christian Laettner lol.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford