Author Topic: Kyrie mad about murray end-game shot attempt, throws ball into stands  (Read 3195 times)

Re: Kyrie mad about murray end-game shot attempt, throws ball into stands
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 05:06:37 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I like Murray.

I’d feel worse about 1) the loss and 2) letting a guy drop 48 on us than I would about a shot attempt.

I distinctly remember Larbrd 33 and Myself both advocating  selecting Murray with the third pick In the 2016 NBA draft. When two basketball geniuses agree on something of this magnitude Ainge should take notice.

I'm the end we were right. Jaylen your a bum. Murray owns you. Do something about it.

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 05:18:43 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
No big deal

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 05:25:52 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
no souvenir for Murray

https://youtu.be/H4QPk8CiRd0

Do the patriots have an opening for backup QB?

I thought that was really funny  ;D

Personally though I have no problem with what Murray did. It's professional basketball not high school where you don't want to embarrass your opponent if they are outmatched. They had all game to stop him scoring 50 and it took him missing at the end to deny him more than anything the Celtics did. If they didn't want him to take the shot then guard him till the end.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 05:38:20 PM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Poor act from Murray to shoot that shot.

If he wanted 50 points he should have made a extra bucket earlier. Celtics should have guarded him you say? No, all teams on the winning end of a final possesion let the clock run down. If they kept shooting, the games would drag longer and more chance of injuries. Pretty disrepectful to try and run up a score on a team not defending.

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2018, 05:56:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

If he wanted 50 points he should have made a extra bucket earlier. Celtics should have guarded him you say? No, all teams on the winning end of a final possesion let the clock run down. If they kept shooting, the games would drag longer and more chance of injuries. Pretty disrepectful to try and run up a score on a team not defending.

this is the main reason that teams take out their stars at the end of the game. Stop fouling when the game is clearly over and run out the clock when the other team concedes. One of the worst things that can happen is if someone gets injured in that situation. Also, are people missing that Murray both 1) apologized for this 2) already received a hard foul for doing this kind of thing last year and could have very easily been injured

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2018, 06:26:57 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
It cost him 25K.

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2018, 06:36:33 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

this is the main reason that teams take out their stars at the end of the game. Stop fouling when the game is clearly over and run out the clock when the other team concedes. One of the worst things that can happen is if someone gets injured in that situation. Also, are people missing that Murray both 1) apologized for this 2) already received a hard foul for doing this kind of thing last year and could have very easily been injured

Fans pay to watch the whole game. Murray is not wrong for playing to the end. If you want to call ball games that are out of hand or reach for the trailing team, then start calling those games before regulation. If you are not then let the games within the games continue. Why should Murray be denied a milestone score because the other team decided to stop playing.

What the heck did Kyrie mean that the ball deserved to go to the stand. That doesnt even make sense. Stop cheating the fans and play the games to the end.

The players that fouled Murray for playing the game are idiot thugs.

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2018, 06:43:23 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Fans pay to watch the whole game. Murray is not wrong for playing to the end. If you want to call ball games that are out of hand or reach for the trailing team, then start calling those games before regulation. If you are not then let the games within the games continue. Why should Murray be denied a milestone score because the other team decided to stop playing.

What the heck did Kyrie mean that the ball deserved to go to the stand. That doesnt even make sense. Stop cheating the fans and play the games to the end.

I agree. I actually wanted Murray to get 50, he deserved it.

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2018, 08:51:34 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The game is 48 minutes long.  The guy can shoot all he wants until it’s over.  Some of our players’ reactions make them look like babies.  If Murray can’t go for 50 in a decided game then we have to take away at least 20 of the 100 that Wilt scored in a 22 point win.  Garbage time buckets don’t count anymore?  It’s ridiculous. 

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2018, 09:08:15 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The game is 48 minutes long.  The guy can shoot all he wants until it’s over.  Some of our players’ reactions make them look like babies.  If Murray can’t go for 50 in a decided game then we have to take away at least 20 of the 100 that Wilt scored in a 22 point win.  Garbage time buckets don’t count anymore?  It’s ridiculous.

lol same for Kobe's 81 point game and his 60 pt final game. They count and are in the record book. Also, remember when Strahan sacked Bret Farve to get the sack record? Bret actually took the sack to allow that record. Why are the Celtics mad because an opponent played well against them. I actually believe rolling over and getting the mercy rule is more embarrassing.

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2018, 09:48:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
This just makes me wish Brady faked taking a knee and rushed a few yards to get his thousandth of his career on the last play of the Pats game.

Yup

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2018, 11:44:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Punk move by Murray. No problem with Kyrie doing this, and doubt he cares about a $25k fine. Hopefully next time he and Smart do a better job on him, and we go for blood
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2018, 12:02:01 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Clearly you don’t believe in having some class. This usually happens with bad teams or poor coaching. You’d never see it on a team like the Celtics (at least under Brad or Doc). Heck, even GSW doesn’t do that. Didn’t Klay have 60 through 3 and didn’t play the 4th? Just last week he broke the 3pt record in 3 and could have shattered it had he went back out there in a meaningless 4th.

And get over yourself, nobody cares about the last minute in a 30-point blowout or the last 6 seconds of a decided game. I’ve never seen a Celtic under Brad do something like that against any team, usually they even take the 24-second turnover instead of hoisting up a shot. 90% of teams do the same, and then you have the Devon Booker’s of the world that guys like you prefer to root for.

This was on par with Ricky Davis going for the triple-double against his own basket.

I assume Kyrie didn’t want him to have the game ball, so he launched it. No problem there, he took the fine and said he wasn’t trying to injure anyone, just they didn’t deserve the ball. This isn’t coming from some role player, this is from a player with multiple 50-point games himself. He’s been there before.

I don’t think you know who you are referring to that fouled Murray, but sometimes the athletes have to police themselves and hard fouls are warranted. Just like a player getting beaned in baseball, it happens and everyone knows why. And not surprising it happened to a classless player like Murray.

I don’t care that this happened against the Celtics or in a loss, if it happened in random game I would feel the same way. Trash decision and easy to chalk it up to emotion when he had plenty of time to think about doing that.

Hopefully this serves as motivation for us moving forward.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2018, 12:10:23 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I hope the team isn’t that fragile mentally, that motivation is based on such trivial matters.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2018, 01:13:11 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

I hope the team isn’t that fragile mentally, that motivation is based on such trivial matters.

It’s not about being fragile mentally, but needing a kick in the butt to get going already. I’m not saying this will be what they credit as the turning point with Adam Silver when he hands them the LOB trophy.

They seem to play well in spurts, then ease off the gas for whatever reason. Sometimes the starters come out flat, sometimes it’s the bench that doesn’t show up. We have a top-3 starting five and bench. Can’t blame Gordon for everything.

I’m sure Brad isn’t one to write quotes in a board, but this clearly ticked Kyrie off, and I’m sure he’s not alone. They are the hunted now and they were too comfortable last season flying under the radar, now they have to show up for 48 minutes. They’ve blown big leads in a few games this year already.

Heck, a Tommy quote (and maybe haircut) was all Kyrie needed. Gordon gets a pass for the rest of the calander year, but by January he should be back to his old self. Not sure what the rest of the team’s excuse is, sans Morris.
CELTICS 2024