Author Topic: Wish Horford was here to see this  (Read 18597 times)

Wish Horford was here to see this
« on: December 07, 2019, 07:23:57 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Williams and Green getting Smart Posters autographed and Williams putting it above his locker
Marcus talk about his mothers birthday and her memory keeping him fighting.
Fire and Ice
Transition basketball
Brad back in charge
Hayward s play in early season
Semi communicating on defence
And Kemba a real point guard

Horford our first free agent and such a class act deserved better than last year and he would have fit this so well.

Re: Wish Horford was here to see this
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 07:51:40 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
I'm glad Al moved on. He got what he wanted. See him in the playoffs.
ok fine

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 08:31:12 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I've moved on.  Really liked Horford, class act, does everything fairly well, but he's on the backside of his career.  No regrets.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 08:37:15 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I've moved on.  Really liked Horford, class act, does everything fairly well, but he's on the backside of his career.  No regrets.

yup , he looked at it as his last hurrah with Philly salivating over getting him.   Best for us to do the same .  He isn't going to win Philly any chips .   They let their best shooters go for someone who,never was known as a scorer first anyway .  Putting most of the load now on Embiid.  If they do something with AL , it better be this year , him and Lebron are getting NBA old.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 10:10:51 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
F Horford.  He wanted Philly's money and I hope he likes the taste of it.

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 10:15:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
 Al Horford is not walking through that door.....

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 10:21:13 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Yeah, I miss Horford, just like I miss Kyrie. I wish they were both still here, but they're gone and I've moved on.

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 10:22:16 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Exactly. No hard feelings to Al but he could've been here if he wanted to do. Boston was willing to meet Brooklyn's asking price in a Kyrie sign and trade so we could've kept him, but he didn't want to be here.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 10:26:22 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

Exactly. No hard feelings to Al but he could've been here if he wanted to do. Boston was willing to meet Brooklyn's asking price in a Kyrie sign and trade so we could've kept him, but he didn't want to be here.
From listening him talking it sounded like he already committed to the 76s and didn’t want to go back on his word.... But He might have wanted to stay had he known Kemba is coming and Nets were willing to execute a S&T but time was running out and he had to secure his contract... it was Just timing issue and one too many contingencies during the first day of free agency

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2019, 10:40:05 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Well, people seemingly want the Jays to get their opportunities.  Much as horford is a team player, he would have been another mouth to feed.

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 11:07:06 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

From listening him talking it sounded like he already committed to the 76s and didn’t want to go back on his word.... But He might have wanted to stay had he known Kemba is coming and Nets were willing to execute a S&T but time was running out and he had to secure his contract... it was Just timing issue and one too many contingencies during the first day of free agency

There's a moratorium. And Al broke off talks with the Celtics days before free agency even opened. Again, I'm not going to fault the guy for wanting another pay day but I'm also not going to act like he's a victim of circumstance. He won't ever admit it publicly but I don't think it's a long shot guess that he just thought Philly had a better chance at a title than we do.

Also, the idea that "if he known Kemba was coming he might've wanted to stay" is so lame to me and obviously just lip service for C's fans. Everyone and their mother knew Kemba was coming with all the tampering.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2019, 11:11:54 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Yeah, I miss Horford, just like I miss Kyrie. I wish they were both still here, but they're gone and I've moved on.

Miss Kyrie? Pretty sure you’re in minority on that.

I’m thankful he is gone so we can get back to implementing Brad’s system and see our young guys flourish. My only regret is that we didn’t trade Kyrie before the start of 2018-19 season.

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 11:15:46 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'm ambivalent about Horford.

He chose greener pastures, while Ainge was trying his best to wedge him into the Celts cap space.

I don't blame or dislike the guy, but at the same time, he's no longer on the team through his choice, so Hasta La Vista baby!

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2019, 11:17:07 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Miss Kyrie? Pretty sure you’re in minority on that.

I’m thankful he is gone so we can get back to implementing Brad’s system and see our young guys flourish. My only regret is that we didn’t trade Kyrie before the start of 2018-19 season.

Why should I care if my thoughts on the matter are a minority opinion?   The opinions of others don't determine my thoughts. I keep my own council on what is enjoyable, good, boring, un-enjoyable, right, wrong, or otherwise.

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2019, 11:20:34 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
 ;D

I miss Kyrie too. He's a jerk, but he's a very good player and someone who I enjoyed watching.

And the truth is, we don't even know if he's really a jerk.

But, at the same time, I think I like Kemba much more. Kyrie is probably a little more talented but Kemba seems so much more personable and seems like a far better teammate.