Author Topic: Baby's First Game  (Read 5935 times)

Baby's First Game
« on: August 13, 2019, 08:52:48 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
In the first week of September, Mrs. action and I are anticipating our first new Celtics fan joining the world.   :angel:

As I start to think about what game we'd like to attend together this season, I always assumed we'd find a sitter for that game but now am thinking about bringing her.  TD policy says children under age 2 can be admitted without a ticket.  Doesn't say anything about any minimum age required for a child to enter.  Can anybody with children lend any personal opinions on if any ages are too early to bring an infant to the game?  Figured we'd bring her in the ergo.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Re: Baby's First Game
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 09:04:03 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
All kids are different. I know I wouldn’t have brought my babies, but they were pretty loud and wild kids.

Teething, colic, feeding, sleep schedules, tolerance for noise and stimulation, etc. can turn a fun night pretty volatile.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 09:29:39 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 09:05:46 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
to be honest, my concern would be brining an infant that young into an area filled with people, many of whom will be carrying germs and the like. it might be best to have a sitter. after all, the kid is not going to remember any of the celtics victory...poor kid.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 09:25:49 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Arenas get very loud.  I’m hoping to finally bring my 3-year-old to a game this season, but she would have lost it as a newborn, and even this last year.

I recommend baseball as the introduction to sporting events.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 10:54:23 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I was hoping for some grainy video of a 12 year old Glen Davis running over kids in his rec league since he was already 6’ 2”, 240...

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 11:48:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I was hoping for some grainy video of a 12 year old Glen Davis running over kids in his rec league since he was already 6’ 2”, 240...
I was expecting some trip down memory lane involving Baby Davis' debut game.

His stat-line of 0 points, 0 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 foul in 2:30 was really somethin!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 07:34:48 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
Definitely depends on your child’s demeanor and your comfort with doing things. If your comfortable, the child is more likely to be. Also, the more you expose your child to such adventures the more comfortable they become and the easier it becomes. However, loud noise is a real issue and can be very painful for young people. Get child ear protection if ur gonna do it.

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 10:15:32 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I wouldnt because of the noise..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 10:18:32 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Depends on the kid but regardless of the kid bring strong ear protection, and be prepared to throw in the towel and miss most or all of the game at a moment's notice.

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 10:22:42 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I took my son to his first game at 6 months old. I have season tickets, on the aisle so being able to run in and out with him wasn't an issue.. If you are going to do it I highly suggest aisle seats. I also took him to a sunday afternoon game, those are rare and most family friendly.

He did fine, the game was on superbowl sunday so we didn't stay the entire time, i'm not sure if he would have made it through the entire game. While there he was in awe by the lights and fast movements on the court. We also purchased baby earmuffs that he wore the entire time.

I wouldn't have changed the experience for the world tbh. It was pierce's last game at the garden (with the clippers) so i wasn't there for his final three at the buzzer. That said even if I hadn't gone with my son I doubt I would have stayed for that moment due to it being super bowl sunday.

I also took him to a game this season, at 2.5 years old. This experience was a lot worse.. He hated it, didn't want to sit still, was overwhelmed by the crowd and noise and only wanted to really run around the hallway. I think it'll be a few more years before he comes back with me.

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 10:30:10 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
My son was 1.5 years when I took him to TD Garden and he had a blast. Of course he didn't understand nor watch the game, but he was surely entertaining the crowd with his dancing.

Knowing my son, he would have probably been fine after 9 months.

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2019, 01:20:35 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I wouldn’t do it. Like others said, the noise alone would likely make it a bad idea, but my biggest concern is putting a child that young in a situation with that many people in a day and age where vaccination rates are declining. Many of the vaccines your child will receive would likely occur after the regular season with a September due date. I don’t trust the rest of society enough to be around that many other people.

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2019, 03:23:06 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
In the first week of September, Mrs. action and I are anticipating our first new Celtics fan joining the world.   :angel:

As I start to think about what game we'd like to attend together this season, I always assumed we'd find a sitter for that game but now am thinking about bringing her.  TD policy says children under age 2 can be admitted without a ticket.  Doesn't say anything about any minimum age required for a child to enter.  Can anybody with children lend any personal opinions on if any ages are too early to bring an infant to the game?  Figured we'd bring her in the ergo.
Why? To save on a sitter? It will take away from your and mrs. action’s enjoyment of the game so you will have gotten less value from the tickets and thus saved nothing.

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2019, 03:50:35 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
at first i thought the post was about Baby Davis lol
..whatever happen to him anyhow
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2019, 03:55:51 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

I honestly thought this was about Glen Davis’ first game as a Celtic, I was looking forward to the nostalgia 😢
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby