Author Topic: Report: Ainge believes Kyrie re-signs if Celtics acquire Davis  (Read 11944 times)

Re: Report: Ainge believes Kyrie re-signs if Celtics acquire Davis
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2019, 08:54:26 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I'd want a lot more than just "belief."

Do the Celts even have the ability to put the best trade package out there?

If the Knicks offer #3 + Knox + the picks they got from Dallas + Robinson, can the Celts top that?

What if the Lakers offer Kuzma + #4 + Hart + Ball?  Throw in Ingram, if he's cleared 100%.

Maybe the Celts win out if they offer #14 + #20 + #22 + Memphis 2020/2021 + Tatum + Brown ....

That's an awful lot to give up for what could easily end up as a one year rental.

Supposedly, NOPs' evaluation of Knox did not come glowing with praise.

I consider Ball to be a minus in any trade that he is included in with his horrible shot and family. Holiday is such a nice two way player. Of course, they could move Ball to another team for something of value.

I would think that Tatum, Williams, Smart, all our 2019 picks plus the Memphis pick gets this done. I wouldn't go any farther.

I don't share Danny's belief that Davis will be crucial to KI's decision. His behavior since January screams: "I am going to New York with Durant." I'd love to be wrong.

Do we do the Davis deal if there is no KI? Tough call.

Until Kyrie wers a knicks uniform i will not believe anything about him going there.

Just do not see it happening.

« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2019, 09:24:24 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
none of this matters, kyrie's walking.

I don't think he walks from what is essentially a brand new team with AD. If he wants a different situation, that is also a really good one, it would be right in front of him in Boston.

Not to mention Boston will have the far superior supporting cast still.
KD, NY, 3rd pick and Knick's cast> AD, Bos, C's cast for Irving.

uh, no?

KD, Frank, DSJ, Robinson, Knox, Barrett

AD, Horford, Hayward, Brown, Morris, Baynes, etc.

Brown alone is better than anyone on that NYK team not named KD, and I listed him as potentially 4th on this team. (assuming Hayward gets to 80%)
KD and the City/market alone is uncomparable.

The roster of Barrett, Knox, DSJ, and Robinson is better long term than the C's. C's Morris and Baynes are questions. Horford is getting old. Hayward is a shadow of his former self. Brown is good but its likely Barrett will be a much better player.

Uh, so KD would join a bunch of unproven young guys? And it's the knicks, I'd trust that they'll botched it up like they always do. When was the last time they actually build a solid team? 2013? So, one in 20 years ? And they still also underachieved that season with the 2nd round exit.

When was the last time Knicks actually built a great team through the draft?

There is no indication that Barrett will be much better than Brown. Selfish, lazy defender = signs of a player that can be good but not great. Brown is the exact opposite = flashes of a great defender, learning on the fly and have a great work ethic along with maturity that rarely comes with his age.

I don't really mind if Kyrie joins NY but to say that Barrett is already better than Brown when he haven't even played in the league is nothing but an overhype.
Hold on there let's not forget Knicks ended the KG era here.

And if you seen DSJ, Knox and Robinson  they all have flashed potential they are not bums or scrubs.

As for Barrett vs Brown it's just the facts that Barrett is a better prospect coming out. His ball handling, feel, passing, finishing and scoring is way ahead of Brown coming out of college. The defense is another matter but Barrett wasn't able to push hard on that end and risk fouling out so we will see.

KGs knee ended the KG era here, it certainly wasn’t the Knicks.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2019, 09:31:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I don't think he walks from what is essentially a brand new team with AD. If he wants a different situation, that is also a really good one, it would be right in front of him in Boston.

uh, no?

Brown alone is better than anyone on that NYK team not named KD, and I listed him as potentially 4th on this team. (assuming Hayward gets to 80%)

The roster of Barrett, Knox, DSJ, and Robinson is better long term than the C's. C's Morris and Baynes are questions. Horford is getting old. Hayward is a shadow of his former self. Brown is good but its likely Barrett will be a much better player.

Uh, so KD would join a bunch of unproven young guys? And it's the knicks, I'd trust that they'll botched it up like they always do. When was the last time they actually build a solid team? 2013? So, one in 20 years ? And they still also underachieved that season with the 2nd round exit.

There is no indication that Barrett will be much better than Brown. Selfish, lazy defender = signs of a player that can be good but not great. Brown is the exact opposite = flashes of a great defender, learning on the fly and have a great work ethic along with maturity that rarely comes with his age.

I don't really mind if Kyrie joins NY but to say that Barrett is already better than Brown when he haven't even played in the league is nothing but an overhype.

And if you seen DSJ, Knox and Robinson  they all have flashed potential they are not bums or scrubs.

As for Barrett vs Brown it's just the facts that Barrett is a better prospect coming out. His ball handling, feel, passing, finishing and scoring is way ahead of Brown coming out of college. The defense is another matter but Barrett wasn't able to push hard on that end and risk fouling out so we will see.

Isn't there a poster called KGs knee...
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2019, 09:33:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

uh, no?

Yeah, I am hoping he comes here and responds to accusations that he ended the KG era. Much like Phantom often defends himself when anybody uses his name in a negative way  ;)

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2019, 11:21:20 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'd love to get Davis without getting Kyrie. We bank on Hayward coming back to near 100%, bank on Brown taking the next step, even bank on Tatum staying away from Kobe's house. Get a good point guard not named Rozier or Irving.

It's a dream, I know.

How are the Celts getting Davis if Brown and Tatum are still on the team?

« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2019, 11:43:25 PM »

Online Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I'd love to get Davis without getting Kyrie. We bank on Hayward coming back to near 100%, bank on Brown taking the next step, even bank on Tatum staying away from Kobe's house. Get a good point guard not named Rozier or Irving.

It's a dream, I know.

How are the Celts getting Davis if Brown and Tatum are still on the team?

THAT would be some Danny Ainge trade magic!

« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2019, 08:16:31 AM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34

The Knicks were garbage. Stats on a lousy team are irrelevant. Tatum and Brown are play off proven and regular season tested as well as young. No one tops that. This why the Lakers deal is dead. Kuzma and Ball are average at best. On good teams just role players off bench.

uh, no?

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2019, 11:21:11 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
I mean, if Danny can trade for AD and sell Kyrie on a team of Irving/Brown(smart)/Hayward/horford/Davis....I dont see why he would leave.

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2019, 11:48:34 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The problem with the Celtics is their dammed if they sign Kyrie and dammed if they don't. Without Kyrie, the C's are an NBA franchise without a major star, and a franchise without a star player seldom draws another star player to be signed.

If Horford sees this handwriting on the wall, we could also lose him. So now you're taking the Celtics as a lottery team.

If you sign Kyrie and he plays like the ISO king that he played like this year, even with Davis it may not be enough.

The reality is Kyrie needs to display some signs that he has come to the realization that he needs to be a leader and involve all the players on the floor. Kyrie needs to trust.

ALLLL this, and Danny with a heart problem...not good. Sorry to be a downer, but sometimes the truth hurts. 

« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2019, 01:02:51 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

If the Knicks offer #3 + Knox + the picks they got from Dallas + Robinson, can the Celts top that?

What if the Lakers offer Kuzma + #4 + Hart + Ball?  Throw in Ingram, if he's cleared 100%.

Maybe the Celts win out if they offer #14 + #20 + #22 + Memphis 2020/2021 + Tatum + Brown ....

That's an awful lot to give up for what could easily end up as a one year rental.

I consider Ball to be a minus in any trade that he is included in with his horrible shot and family. Holiday is such a nice two way player. Of course, they could move Ball to another team for something of value.

I would think that Tatum, Williams, Smart, all our 2019 picks plus the Memphis pick gets this done. I wouldn't go any farther.

I don't share Danny's belief that Davis will be crucial to KI's decision. His behavior since January screams: "I am going to New York with Durant." I'd love to be wrong.

Until Kyrie wers a knicks uniform i will not believe anything about him going there.

Well, NYC is considered to be the mecca of basketball and has the biggest market in the country, and Kyrie is from right over the bridge in NJ.

Then throw in Durant, who I get a feeling is already decided they will play somewhere together.

And I hope it's true...and frankly NY, Chi and LA along with us should have contending teams because it's much healthier for the NBA.

Philly being strong right now is also a plus.

« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2019, 01:41:42 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

Well, NYC is considered to be the mecca of basketball and has the biggest market in the country, and Kyrie is from right over the bridge in NJ.

Then throw in Durant, who I get a feeling is already decided they will play somewhere together.

And I hope it's true...and frankly NY, Chi and LA along with us should have contending teams because it's much healthier for the NBA.

I love the fact that most of those supposed big basketball cities are dumpster fires. Hate when franchises can get away with toxic front offices and ownership groups simply because of their name and where they are located.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2019, 01:59:40 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Are there any legit sources linking Kyrie to the Knicks?

« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2019, 02:00:56 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

I love the fact that most of those supposed big basketball cities are dumpster fires. Hate when franchises can get away with toxic front offices and ownership groups simply because of their name and where they are located.

I don't like Dolan at all but still I can see you don't remember when the entire league was flipped and the west was actually the weak coast for years and years.  The east always had the tougher physical play and the west were mostly running finesse teams...but the crown jewel was "showtime" though.  And i'm sure you know about that.

But i'm vengeful though  :)  I have heard the west talk too much mess for too many years...and when it turns again...oh my God

« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2019, 02:25:09 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
There is real risk to the franchise from a marketing standpoint if they re-sign Kyrie and his act doesn't change.  Fans and even the owner didn't like the squad that was on the court at the end of the season.  The star 'hero' worship that you get in some markets will not occur in Boston and it could either get ugly or fans may simply decide they're not going to pay exorbitant money to watch an underperforming and aggravating product.

Balance that with you have no chance of even contending for a even conference title without star power.  There's plenty of ways things could go south for this team regardless of what decisions get made this summer.

« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2019, 03:01:42 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
The problem with the Celtics is their dammed if they sign Kyrie and dammed if they don't. Without Kyrie, the C's are an NBA franchise without a major star, and a franchise without a star player seldom draws another star player to be signed.

If Horford sees this handwriting on the wall, we could also lose him. So now you're taking the Celtics as a lottery team.

If you sign Kyrie and he plays like the ISO king that he played like this year, even with Davis it may not be enough.

The reality is Kyrie needs to display some signs that he has come to the realization that he needs to be a leader and involve all the players on the floor. Kyrie needs to trust.

ALLLL this, and Danny with a heart problem...not good. Sorry to be a downer, but sometimes the truth hurts.

I disagree.  Let Tatum and Brown star.   They have the potential.   It's about committing to them.  Paul Pierce wasn't a star until he was..