Author Topic: Need help: 4 team trade - any insight - from Wyc G. What were the deals??  (Read 2215 times)

Online heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
In reading Wyc's interview with the Globe, he mentioned there was a 4team trade that fell through. Does anyone know the specifics?
http://mobile.boston.com/art/22/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2013/02/tough_gritty_wi
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 07:58:36 AM by heyvik »

Re: 4 team trade - any insight??? from Wyc
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 08:18:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yeah, this is just more evidence that Danny was working his butt off to pull off a trade.  Just because Jordan Crawford is what we ended up with doesn't mean that Danny wasn't trying his hardest to make a bigger deal happen.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 08:52:38 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Would love to know what it was!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 09:05:41 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
In reading Wyc's interview with the Globe, he mentioned there was a 4team trade that fell through. Does anyone know the specifics?
http://mobile.boston.com/art/22/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2013/02/tough_gritty_wi

Who writes this garbage?

And yet there was Celtics co-owner Wyc Grousbeck Tuesday, during an interview with WEEI's "Mut and Lou" show, making it clear that the Celtics tried their hardest to trade both Pierce and Garnett before last week's NBA trade deadline.

"For the last two or three days before the deadline, their names came up more than anybody else," Grousbeck said. "They were the topic of conversation with the calls coming into us, because people thought maybe we weren't going to keep it together this spring."

On why the Celtics didn't pull the trigger, Grousbeck said, "I know what the offers were. You wouldn't have taken them."

In what world is listening to offers and not considering them the same as trying their hardest to trade PP and KG? Shouldn't reading comprehension be something of a requirement for someone who writes for a newspaper?

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 10:45:57 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Who writes this garbage?

And yet there was Celtics co-owner Wyc Grousbeck Tuesday, during an interview with WEEI's "Mut and Lou" show, making it clear that the Celtics tried their hardest to trade both Pierce and Garnett before last week's NBA trade deadline.

"For the last two or three days before the deadline, their names came up more than anybody else," Grousbeck said. "They were the topic of conversation with the calls coming into us, because people thought maybe we weren't going to keep it together this spring."

On why the Celtics didn't pull the trigger, Grousbeck said, "I know what the offers were. You wouldn't have taken them."

In what world is listening to offers and not considering them the same as trying their hardest to trade PP and KG? Shouldn't reading comprehension be something of a requirement for someone who writes for a newspaper?

Tim -- you need some quotes around the piece you pulled. Me got confused.

I agree... it's a bit of a reach on Dzen's part, though I think 'listening' is just front office talk.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Need help: 4 team trade - any insight - from Wyc G. What were the deals??
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 08:00:55 AM »

Online heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
I'd like to know who the other teams/players were and what was actually turned down.

Re: Need help: 4 team trade - any insight - from Wyc G. What were the deals??
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 08:14:23 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
my guess would be something involving josh smith or one of Utah's big guys...
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin