Author Topic: Lebron James has aged alot in one season  (Read 4826 times)

Re: Lebron James has aged alot in one season
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2019, 05:50:00 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
If LA (and LeBron) acquire Anthony Davis next season we'll see how much he's aged....

He has slipped (a little) but I am certain he will continue to be a thorn in BOS's side for the foreseeable future.

Sometimes I don't think that is a bad thing.

Nothing wrong with some humble pie and he has served BOS a TON of it over the years.....

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2019, 05:57:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Does Lebron make all NBA second team this year? Third? He isn't really in play for the first team.

Late enough in the season now that things aren't going to change much, probably pretty safe to make guesses now.

1st
G Harden
G Curry
F Antetokounmpo
F Leonard
C Embiid

2nd
G Irving
G Lillard
F George
F Durant
C Jokic

3rd
G Westbrook
G Simmons
F James
F Griffin
C Towns

After Harden, I could see the next 3 guards (Curry, Lillard, Irving) going any which way, and Westbrook close behind, after that big drop off in guards. Going with Simmons for the last spot (much to the dismay of many here probably), but I feel like that could go to one of several guys too: Walker (team sucks), Beal (team sucks), Mitchell, Murray (here due to record), Thompson.

After Giannis, I could see the next 4 forwards (Leonard, George, Durant, James) going any which way.  Kawhi might drop to 2nd team because he's missed a few games, LeBron probably drops to 3rd team due to the 2nd half stank that's on him.  Griffin rounds out the group a tier below those mentioned, but above all others.  LeBron was amazing first half of the season though, when he had the Lakers 4th in the West through the end of December.  Post injury, he's put up same numbers, but the team falling apart (whether injuries or his leadership) really hurts him.

Whatever position Davis is classified at (F or C), he probably doesn't get the votes due to the trade request drama and his team sucking, despite still putting up great numbers (which just reinforces his desire to get out of New Orleans).

Lebron doesn make any of the teams

Cmon

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2019, 06:24:00 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
No doubt LeBron has slipped a bit on defense, it’s pretty obvious.  He also is showing signs of slowing down overall and needs rest more often, doesn’t run back on defense etc. 

I recall an interview of him where he said that he NEVER lets anyone know when he is winded.  He works hard at hiding it by not tugging at his shorts, remaining stoic during deadball and timeouts, avoiding heavy breathing, not slumping or looking downward too much.

With 8 straight finals appearances, the guy has played 100-something games per year for 8 years in a row.  Nobody can maintain that.

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2019, 11:18:44 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Cmon

Who makes the third team over him?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2019, 11:32:15 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Cmon

Donovan Mitchell
D'angelo Russell

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2019, 11:34:20 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Cmon

Donovan Mitchell
D'angelo Russell
those are guards not forwards
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2019, 11:38:46 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Cmon

Donovan Mitchell
D'angelo Russell

Well Lebron should not be on the team

How many games has he missed? Plus his terrible defense

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2019, 11:44:06 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Cmon

Donovan Mitchell
D'angelo Russell

And I repeat the question Big asked you, who is on the team instead of him?

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2019, 12:34:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Cmon

Donovan Mitchell
D'angelo Russell

Does Aldridge count as a forward or a center? Aldridge has been very steady all year and will end up playing in 15 more games for a team that certainly has surpassed expectations.

I think there are good forward arguments for
Blake
Leonard (lock)
Durant (lock)
Giannis (lock)
George (lock)

Then you got Aldridge, Lebron, Davis, Maybe Doncic if people want to go wild. I just wouldn't be surprised if the voters decide to penalize Lebron for his hi jinks, poor attitude and missed time. I also think Lebron should probably shut it down for the season soon cause his playing is not helping anything right now and doesn't seem fully recovered from his injury.

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2019, 12:44:14 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Cmon

Donovan Mitchell
D'angelo Russell

Does Aldridge count as a forward or a center? Aldridge has been very steady all year and will end up playing in 15 more games for a team that certainly has surpassed expectations.

Blake
Leonard (lock)
Durant (lock)
Giannis (lock)
George (lock)

Then you got Aldridge, Lebron, Davis, Maybe Doncic if people want to go wild. I just wouldn't be surprised if the voters decide to penalize Lebron for his hi jinks, poor attitude and missed time. I also think Lebron should probably shut it down for the season soon cause his playing is not helping anything right now and doesn't seem fully recovered from his injury.
Aldridge is probably a forward, but he is statistically so far below James, I don't think he makes the 3rd team over him, even with all the extra games played.  Forward just quite simply isn't all that deep.  Best top end talent as those 6 are better than any other 6, but after James and Griffin on the 3rd Team there is a pretty darn large drop off to Aldridge, Doncic, etc. (Davis I think is a center, but even if he isn't, he has missed a lot of games and has really tailed off statistically with his minutes restriction).  If Lebron was a guard, then yeah, I don't think he makes the team as there are a lot of guards are in the same general range, but that just isn't the case at forward.

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2019, 01:09:51 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
LeBron is definitely going to get 3rd All-Team, at the very least.

You're telling me 27.5 PPG, 8.5 RPG, and 8.0 APG isn't All NBA team worthy?

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2019, 01:58:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Cmon

Donovan Mitchell
D'angelo Russell

Blake
Leonard (lock)
Durant (lock)
Giannis (lock)
George (lock)

Aldridge is probably a forward, but he is statistically so far below James, I don't think he makes the 3rd team over him, even with all the extra games played.  Forward just quite simply isn't all that deep.  Best top end talent as those 6 are better than any other 6, but after James and Griffin on the 3rd Team there is a pretty darn large drop off to Aldridge, Doncic, etc. (Davis I think is a center, but even if he isn't, he has missed a lot of games and has really tailed off statistically with his minutes restriction).  If Lebron was a guard, then yeah, I don't think he makes the team as there are a lot of guards are in the same general range, but that just isn't the case at forward.

I think from a pure on the court basketball standpoint Lebron probably deserves to make the third team. However, the people that are voting for this stuff definitely sometimes seem to include their own intangibles. Is his missing 200 games, sitting separate from his teammates, being generally petulant and saying his team is about as good as the knicks (with perhaps some believing he is getting the coach fired) not something they could consider? I could see the sportswriters wanting to reward Aldridge's quiet consistency lunch pail game and voting higher for him (or maybe some voters just leaving Lebron off the ballot altogether).

Related to all this, I hope Lebron becomes more focused on just being a basketball player and distances himself from Klutch and all the non-basketball somehow. I think he is making players not want to play with him and he could really end up having a pretty brutal last couple of seasons of his career if he doesn't change a few things.

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2019, 02:38:11 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Cmon

Donovan Mitchell
D'angelo Russell

Lebron has missed 19 games. 1 fewer than Kawhi has missed.

James has been terrible on defense this year but he clearly deserves to make the 3rd team. There's no question.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2019, 02:44:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Cmon

Donovan Mitchell
D'angelo Russell

Lebron has missed 19 games. 1 fewer than Kawhi has missed.

James has been terrible on defense this year but he clearly deserves to make the 3rd team. There's no question.
The question shouldn't be has LeBron not played enough to earn an All-NBA team, clearly he has as precedent has been set in previous years of players missing a bunch of games but still winning awards, even the MVP.

The question should be, who has played better than LeBron to unseat him on an All-NBA third team? To my knowledge, no one?