Author Topic: Luck or Griffin III and what should Indy do if Manning is Healthy?  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
It's been confirmed that Robert Griffin III is entering the NFL Draft. If you are the Colts what do you do? Luck or Griffin?

If Manning is healthy do you trade back and acquire some more picks while getting RG3 as well. Do you cut Manning and build around Luck? Do you sit Luck behind Manning?

Will be very intriguing to see how this QB triangle shakes out.

Thoughts?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Luck or Griffin III and what should Indy do if Manning is Healthy?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 04:41:22 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Colts have several problems.  Trading out of the #1 spot and picking up as many assets as possible would be their best option, IMO.  Drafting a QB isn't going to cure all their problems.  Even with a healthy Manning next year, I don't think they're close to being a Super Bowl contender unless other issues are addressed. 

However, realistically, I think they should draft Luck and sit him before Manning for a year or two.  Manning is the ideal mentor for him.  Also, Luck is great insurance if Manning's neck acts up.  Then a year or two down the line, trade Manning to a win-now QB desperate team (if he's not retired) and start the Luck era.  Use the assets from that trade to continue to build your team.

I love RG3 but I think Manning/Luck works a lot better from a mentorship point of view.  The styles are much more similar between those two than RG3 & Manning.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 05:00:39 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I was very impressed with Griffin III as well, but Luck is the best QB prospect I have ever seen.  And that is not an exageration.  He has an absolute gun, perfect footwork, great pocket presence, and most importantly a quick release that rivals Brady/Manning/Marino. 

I still have some questions about Griffin, but to me, Luck is the biggest lock to be an elite NFL QB since Peyton Manning (and in fact, I like him much more than Manning coming out of college). 

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 05:30:48 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I think Don nailed it. Overall they need to work on their talent levels and improve their drafting they've had some real poor first rounders the past decade or so, Jerry Hughes and Addai come to mind.