Author Topic: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread  (Read 236102 times)

Re: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2019, 05:23:02 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Playoff is a new ball game that is where the Celtics will shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets hope so...I am ready for a focused Celtic team.

« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2019, 05:24:09 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
Now, if the Magic can pull off the upset, it will be a great day!

« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2019, 05:24:34 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Jimmy Butler with the least consequential 36 point playoff game ever?

True by the end. Most of those weren't garbage-time points, tho. He was keeping them in the game for a while. His teammates basically did nothing.

I mean, I agree he kept them in the game, but still...

Yeah - agree it didn't end up meaning anything so in that way inconsequential. Just mean he's got nothing to hang his head about. The rest of the team was putrid.

« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2019, 05:25:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I was pleasantly surprised that a lot of analysts still have the Celtics going to the finals and a few actually calling a Celtic win over GSW,

« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2019, 05:25:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
When I see Philly get beat by a team like the Nets, it just makes me think of how overrated our playoff run was last year.

We played at a 48 win pace, barely beat a poorly coached 44 win Bucks team in 7 games... knocked off a woefully unprepared dysfunctional Philly team... and then took LeBron to 7 games - which is less impressive when you realize Indiana also took LeBron to 7 games in Round 1 (and actually outscored them over the series), Bron ended up getting completely swept in the finals, and failed to even take a team to the playoffs this year.

Thank the basketball gods we have Kyrie and Hayward back.  Anyone who thinks we'd actually compete in the playoffs without those two based on last year's success is off base.

« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2019, 05:25:58 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
Now, if the Magic can pull off the upset, it will be a great day!

Toronto and Orlando split the regular season 2 games to 2...

I was actually hoping Orlando might take out Toronto and that we'd meet the Sixers in the conference finals.

Obviously the playoffs is a whole 'nother animal.

« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2019, 05:26:38 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
When I see Philly get beat by a team like the Nets, it just makes me think of how overrated our playoff run was last year.

We played at a 48 win pace, barely beat a poorly coached 44 win Bucks team in 7 games... knocked off a woefully unprepared dysfunctional Philly team... and then took LeBron to 7 games - which is less impressive when you realize Indiana also took them to 7 games in Round 1 (and actually outscored them over the 7 games), Bron ended up getting completely swept in the finals, and failed to even take a team to the playoffs this year.

Thank the basketball gods we have Kyrie and Hayward back.  Anyone who thinks we'd actually compete in the playoffs without those two based on last year's success is off base.

TP

« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2019, 05:28:58 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
JESUS Kawhi has activated Jordan mode the man is Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ING UNSTOPPABLE!!!

« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2019, 05:29:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2019, 05:29:42 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

We played at a 48 win pace, barely beat a poorly coached 44 win Bucks team in 7 games... knocked off a woefully unprepared dysfunctional Philly team... and then took LeBron to 7 games - which is less impressive when you realize Indiana also took LeBron to 7 games in Round 1 (and actually outscored them over the series), Bron ended up getting completely swept in the finals, and failed to even take a team to the playoffs this year.

Agreed, last year's playoffs roster would be first or second round fodder this year. Kyrie in particular gets so much hate that it's ridiculous.

« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2019, 05:30:26 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Dude that is such a complete stretch.  All I see from this game is that if you take Reddick out of the game, and if Embiid isn't 100% Philly is completely beatable, and they will really really struggle.

« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2019, 05:31:08 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Philadelphia needs some Freedom right now.

« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2019, 05:33:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

this is so not true.... you play the team matched up against you. Celtics beat up on all the teams they faced you cannot take anything away from them.

« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2019, 05:36:21 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Wow, Brooklyn just stole home-court advantage on playoff opener.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2019, 05:39:26 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

Yeah I think the Celtics got lucky last year. The east was just terribly weak. LeBron's horrible Cavs were the 4th seed and the Celtics lost to them in 7 games.

Last year's starting lineup will get crushed this year. No doubt about it. Irving is pivotal.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)