Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 339458 times)

Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)
« on: May 28, 2018, 11:06:49 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
Overpay? Would New Orleans do it? We may be at the point where we need to cash in a couple 50s for a 100...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 10:33:23 PM by nickagneta »

Re: Horford, Brown & Kings Pick for AD
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 11:07:29 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
AD isn't coming here, this isn't NBA 2K18...

Can we just let this dream die down?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 11:09:17 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
The latest stuff he's said isn't exactly committal to NO. If Cousins and Rondo are gone, I wouldn't be shocked if he wanted out.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 11:11:18 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
The latest stuff he's said isn't exactly committal to NO. If Cousins and Rondo are gone, I wouldn't be shocked if he wanted out.

While that is true, it would be tough for NOP to trade AD without at least giving it another full season.

I have to think they would want Rozier, and one draft pick on top of that for AD. Horford would.probably get sent in a 3 day team trade, as NOP trading AD means their blowing up the team and might as we rebuild.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 11:13:13 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Have a better chance with that package for KAT

Horford, Brown, Rozier to be exact

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 11:14:20 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown

While that is true, it would be tough for NOP to trade AD without at least giving it another full season.

I have to think they would want Rozier, and one draft pick on top of that for AD. Horford would.probably get sent in a 3 day team trade, as NOP trading AD means their blowing up the team and might as we rebuild.

I might just be willing to give them one more pick (not Memphis) and Rozier too.. in that case we could keep Smart I guess (even though he really rubbed a lot of us the wrong way with his comments last night, similar to Isiah saying he'd love to play for the Lakers and talking about his brinks truck). This all assumes Kyrie commits longterm.. we would still have Irving, Hayward, Tatum, AD & Baynes. Would that be enough or is it too much depth to give up? I don't even know. I was done with the AD trade ideas till what happened last night.

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 11:16:34 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
that offer doesn't come close to landing you a generational talent who hasn't even entered his prime yet...horford is in decline, Jaylen browns potential is up in the air, and the SAC pick loses value because it's top 1 protected.

The offers probably gotta be more like: Horford, Tatum, SAC pick, MEM pick, and maybe something else.

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 11:19:21 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Overpay? Would New Orleans do it? We may be at the point where we need to cash in a couple 50s for a 100...

Horford isn't getting traded (just like Hayward), especially not to a rebuilding team, you can't trade away recent marquee free agents as you will never get another one as long as Ainge is GM.

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 11:22:47 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown

Horford isn't getting traded (just like Hayward), especially not to a rebuilding team, you can't trade away recent marquee free agents as you will never get another one as long as Ainge is GM.

There is no other way to match salaries unless we trade Kyrie...

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 11:23:04 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Ainge would 100% trade Horford for Anthony Davis. NOP aren't moving him until he is an upcoming FA and lets it be known he is out though.

When Ainge recruits players do you think he says I won't trade you? Everything we've ever heard from Ainge is that he lets players know straight up everyone is available if it makes the C's better.

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 11:28:46 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

Ainge would 100% trade Horford for Anthony Davis. NOP aren't moving him until he is an upcoming FA and lets it be known he is out though.

When Ainge recruits players do you think he says I won't trade you? Everything we've ever heard from Ainge is that he lets players know straight up everyone is available if it makes the C's better.

A quote from last year; 'As far as MacMullan knows, there is only one player labeled as untouchable on the roster right now, and that’s Al Horford.'

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 11:38:40 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

A quote from last year; 'As far as MacMullan knows, there is only one player labeled as untouchable on the roster right now, and that’s Al Horford.'
Horford has a player option after this next year. If Danny isn't willing to trade a player in that situation then he should be fired.

Zach Lowe talked about this very thing with Hayward, said if the C's do make a huge move that requires one of their max salaries to move it'd be Hayward. He also said he didn't think it would happen, but that is what he had heard if some mega deal did develop.

My guess was this was the hypothetical if AD was on the block this off season they'd keep Horford and move Hayward to make the salary work. If they're willing to move Hayward, they'd move Horford too.

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 11:42:46 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Media saying Boston will be players this off season and will not be stagnant

Sean Deveany of the sporting news: I'm hearing things about the  Celtics offseason. It won't be stagnant ...  Stay tuned.

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 11:48:55 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
After this post season, NOP isn't trading Anthony Davis anytime soon.

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 11:50:27 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
After this post season, NOP isn't trading Anthony Davis anytime soon.
Nope not unless he forces his way out like Paul George did.