Author Topic: Report: Lakers concerned about Lebrons health  (Read 7524 times)

Re: Report: Lakers concerned about Lebrons health
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2019, 01:45:00 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Every season this continues to fool people and I continue to wonder how. You're fooled by the LBJ spin machine. Now, watch them make the playoffs and everyone will say how great LBJ is to drag them there on top of playing through a tough injury. He uses everything to his advantage (he's suppose to) and people still don't see it. It's the same thing every season, he feeds on the doubt and hate! Kobe just spoke on his need for that to help push him to greatness, MJ has said it, even Satan himself, Brady, spoke on it recently! Stop feeding the beast! Yes, health will eventually get them but as long as they can still do what they do at a high level, they will continue to feed on our doubt, hate, and our "need" to see them fail!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2019, 01:45:59 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I never buy into the “his head looks big” or body change gossip to assert or imply a player is on PEDs.   For the most part, people are looking at pics or video and comparing to other pics/video - or just to their perceived version of what the player looked like. 

Lebron has never been a typical human being.  He is a naturally gigantic, muscle-bound, uber-coordinated marvel.  To assert that you “know” how his body would respond (in terms of muscle development or deterioration) to changes in nutrition, exercise, or body-building regimen...  is to essentially apply your knowledge of typical bodies to his body — a body which is unquestionably atypical.

We are all different. I ingest an amount of calories each day that would make most people obese in a month. But I haven’t gained weight in 40 years. 

If the underlying premise is that EVERY pro athlete is de facto “under suspicion”, then I suppose it’s fine to question anyone’s quick recovery time or dramatic body change. But I suspect we look for “evidence” a little more carefully, and jump more rapidly to conclusions, when we are looking at someone we want to discredit.  I think Lebron is scrutinized more aggressively, and is presumed a violator more unfairly than others.   

We have 2 Boston sports heroes who, like Lebron, have been championship game/series MVPs.  They’ll be beloved Boston legends forevermore.  Difference between them and Lebron? They tested positive; Lebron hasn’t.

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2019, 01:50:51 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
LeBron has shown the same signs of aging as Wade and Carmelo, all of whom came into the league in the same draft. The Lakers should have looked up the amount of minutes LeBron has logged and realized his body was due for a correction, especially having been to 6 (?) straight Finals appearances. LeBron still has a lot more in the tank than Wade (and Carmelo if he ever comes back), but he has definitely slowed down. The first response in this thread was about PED use, which has nothing to do with a groin injury. Like I mentioned before, I don’t think fans in New England should be denigrating a player about alleged PED use, especially when a known PED user just won the Super Bowl MVP (Edelman).

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2019, 02:13:01 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
LeBron has shown the same signs of aging as Wade and Carmelo, all of whom came into the league in the same draft. The Lakers should have looked up the amount of minutes LeBron has logged and realized his body was due for a correction, especially having been to 6 (?) straight Finals appearances. LeBron still has a lot more in the tank than Wade (and Carmelo if he ever comes back), but he has definitely slowed down. The first response in this thread was about PED use, which has nothing to do with a groin injury. Like I mentioned before, I don’t think fans in New England should be denigrating a player about alleged PED use, especially when a known PED user just won the Super Bowl MVP (Edelman).
Carmelo has been on a decline for multiple years. LeBron is just now showing some signs of it. Carmelo is the guy who comes to mind when I wonder whether LeBron has used PED's (which I've long suspected) because LeBron never got hurt and seemed to be just as athletic in recent years as he was when he started to hit his prime.

His slow response to this recent injury actually works against my earlier assumption.  And do I hope I was wrong. 

While I can't stand him as a personality, I totally respect his game and looking at it objectively, if managed properly he should be able to play as long as Vince Carter, if he chooses. I think he can remain one of the 10 best players in the league for another 3 seasons if his minutes are limited and he avoids a major injury.

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2019, 02:28:11 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Carmelo has been on a decline for multiple years. LeBron is just now showing some signs of it. Carmelo is the guy who comes to mind when I wonder whether LeBron has used PED's (which I've long suspected) because LeBron never got hurt and seemed to be just as athletic in recent years as he was when he started to hit his prime.

His slow response to this recent injury actually works against my earlier assumption.  And do I hope I was wrong. 

While I can't stand him as a personality, I totally respect his game and looking at it objectively, if managed properly he should be able to play as long as Vince Carter, if he chooses. I think he can remain one of the 10 best players in the league for another 3 seasons if his minutes are limited and he avoids a major injury.

Carmelo has also been known for not having great conditioning, and at times criticized for his dietary plan, which separates him from LeBron; who by all means regardless of whether or not he uses PED's, has done excellent in maintaining his body in tip-top shape. Wade lost his explosiveness after several years later, in which he explains that he regrets getting his meniscus removed in college.

With hindsight, Dwyane Wade says surgery to remove the meniscus from his left knee 11 years ago while he was at Marquette led to the ongoing knee problems he's had with the Miami Heat.

Wade has battled chronic knee issues over his career. He needed a second surgery on his left knee in 2012 and has also battled bone bruises and tendinitis.

Wade said that if more of a long-term approach was used when he had his meniscus surgery in 2002, following his sophomore season, he may not have as many issues today.

As for LeBron, people tell me LeBron will not age well. I completely disagree.

Even at his worst, LeBron is like 18/7/6 type of player. His height, bulk, and strength will still help him in the post, scoring, and able to make smart adjustments/passes during tough defense. His pull up shots have vastly improved, so yeah, unlike Vince, I believe LeBron could play till he is at 43 easily. The huge difference between LeBron and VC though, is Carter rectified his shooting woes/issues, and is now one of the top leaders in 3P %.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2019, 02:28:25 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
PEDs, PED's, PED's.  There is no way to settle the speculation.  I thought that when the leagues put in testing, it would be good for the players.  If someone accused a player, he could say I have been tested.  Now no one believes the tests so we are back to thinking that every time and old player does well, it must be PEDs.  The players can't win.

I suspect LeBron too even though there is no evidence.  I also have some suspicion about his actual age.  Just baseless speculation but he might be older than we think (who thinks he really looked 18 when he came into the league).  If I was the Lakers, I would be worried but you are going to worry about most any player (Kyrie for example and his knees).

Injuries take longer to heal as you get older, trust me, I know this first hand (as I am sure many others do as well).  It could be as simple as that with LeBron or there could be more to it.  Either way, I don't think the Lakers are going to be good enough soon enough to win another title for LeBron.

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2019, 03:40:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Where does Lebron rank in the NBA today? He is really awful on defense and is really just a great offensive player now. I certainly would rather Kawaii, Durant or Giannis right now.

I would put him in a next tier with

Davis
Harden
George
Embiid

and maybe one or two other players I would have to think about. To think he will still be top 10 3 years from now seems crazy to me..

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2019, 03:56:18 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Where does Lebron rank in the NBA today? He is really awful on defense and is really just a great offensive player now. I certainly would rather Kawaii, Durant or Giannis right now.

Davis
Harden
George
Embiid

and maybe one or two other players I would have to think about. To think he will still be top 10 3 years from now seems crazy to me..

Your next tier includes Davis, George, Embiid, and Harden all players who are in the running for MVP. I think you can even make the argument that Harden and Davis should be in the same tier as KD/Curry/Giannis.

Also, I don't think anyone has said he could be a top 10 players in 3 years, where did you get that?

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2019, 04:10:05 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Davis
Harden
George
Embiid

My top 20 right now would be:

1. Durant
2. Antetokounmpo
3. Curry
4. James
5. Davis
6. Harden
7. Leonard
8. Embiid
9. George
10. Irving
11. Jokic
12. Griffin
13. Lillard
14. Oladipo
15. Towns
16. Beal
17. Butler
18. Doncic
19. Gobert
20. Walker

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2019, 04:15:32 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Davis
Harden
George
Embiid

1. Durant
2. Antetokounmpo
3. Curry
4. James
5. Davis
6. Harden
7. Leonard
8. Embiid
9. George
10. Irving
11. Jokic
12. Griffin
13. Lillard
14. Oladipo
15. Towns
16. Beal
17. Butler
18. Doncic
19. Gobert
20. Walker

Hmmm...... LeBron over Leonard, Harden, and Davis. Interesting.

May I ask your reasoning behind the top 10 players? Just curious.

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2019, 04:17:22 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Davis
Harden
George
Embiid

1. Durant
2. Antetokounmpo
3. Curry
4. James
5. Davis
6. Harden
7. Leonard
8. Embiid
9. George
10. Irving
11. Jokic
12. Griffin
13. Lillard
14. Oladipo
15. Towns
16. Beal
17. Butler
18. Doncic
19. Gobert
20. Walker

Westbrook? Thompson?

Plus I have Greek Freak no. 1.

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2019, 05:45:26 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

Davis
Harden
George
Embiid

1. Durant
2. Antetokounmpo
3. Curry
4. James
5. Davis
6. Harden
7. Leonard
8. Embiid
9. George
10. Irving
11. Jokic
12. Griffin
13. Lillard
14. Oladipo
15. Towns
16. Beal
17. Butler
18. Doncic
19. Gobert
20. Walker

Westbrook? Thompson?

Plus I have Greek Freak no. 1.
Agree with the list except shift Giannis to 1st and Leonard to 2nd ....this bumps Davis to 6th

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2019, 06:21:50 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Davis
Harden
George
Embiid

1. Durant (most consistent superstar and proven winner)
2. Antetokounmpo (if he guides the Bucks to the NBA Finals, he goes to 1)
3. Curry (hard to overrate the effect of his presence on the court)
4. James (definitely declining in endurance, but can still dictate a game)
5. Davis (love him, but problem is that he needs players to feed him)
6. Harden (can't deny his success with Houston, but I don't trust him in the heat of the moment)
7. Leonard (there's a clear top 7 i.m.o, but Leonard is not a player you need to gameplan for)
8. Embiid (huge impact player, but still has major flaws, which is actually scary)
9. George (close to Leonard, but has to keep this level up for more seasons to climb)
10. Irving (his ability as a closer puts him in the top 10)
11. Jokic (turned 24 Today)
12. Griffin (a bit forgotten star)
13. Lillard (almost as good as Irving)
14. Oladipo (his defense and clutch gene brings him this high)
15. Towns (a bit underrated in general)
16. Beal (excellent two-way player)
17. Butler (feels like he has peaked)
18. Doncic (future MVP)
19. Gobert (should have been an All Star)
20. Walker (would be interesting on a different team)

Westbrook? Thompson?

I had Thompson at 21. Westbrook is a big joke, immensely talented but even at the All Star game his selfish play and dumb decisions stood out.

Hmmm...... LeBron over Leonard, Harden, and Davis. Interesting.

May I ask your reasoning behind the top 10 players? Just curious.

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2019, 08:18:41 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
No one can beat Father Time..undefeated!!..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2019, 10:04:38 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Lakers mgt sucks .... they think the NBA is a fantasy league.

They did not pick Lebron he picked them. They have no idea how to build a team around him.