Author Topic: Does Rozier make Kyrie expendable / tradeable?  (Read 19986 times)

Re: Does Rozier make Kyrie expendable / tradeable?
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2018, 11:54:36 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Lol

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2018, 11:54:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
So..... what kind of sauce would you like with the crow you're about to eat?

Dr Terry and Mr Rozier is still the same player. All over the map.
I like that lol.

Kyrie is definitely not even close to expendable. He is far and away our best player
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2018, 12:14:43 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Does the game tonight answer your rediculous question?

Hell NO.

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2018, 12:17:04 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
So..... what kind of sauce would you like with the crow you're about to eat?

Dr Terry and Mr Rozier is still the same player. All over the map.
I like that lol.

Kyrie is definitely not even close to expendable. He is far and away our best player

Star players give you consistent greatness and role players are up and down.

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2018, 12:19:20 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Rozier's an irrational confidence guy that, by definition, will be inconsistent.  That said, Kyrie's injury history makes it necessary for the Celtics to have a an above average back-up PG imo. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2018, 12:22:16 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Rozier's an irrational confidence guy that, by definition, will be inconsistent.  That said, Kyrie's injury history makes it necessary for the Celtics to have a an above average back-up PG imo.
#BringBackRondo  :D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2018, 08:00:42 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
I predict this will become an epic thread.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2018, 08:58:44 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The OP's original premise isn't that Terry is better than Kyrie, it's that Terry and Kawhi/Davis is better than Kyrie and Baynes (for instance). People who are coming here to gloat are probably missing this part.

Also, I think if we were to deal Kyrie (or if that was the plan), then signing Smart would become a priority. Both when combined with Kahwi/Davis make a pretty formidable line-up.

Last night was a tough time for our whole team. Milwaukee came out very physical and, while the refs called a good number of fouls on them, there were also a lot they let go. Things like the Horford block/goaltend on Giannis or the Bledsoe push on Horford and subsequent offensive foul call are the types of plays that can really swing a game and throw off a team's mentality. Everybody was especially horrible in the first half, not just Rozier.

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2018, 09:32:56 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I predict this will become an epic thread.

TP ...good call.

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2018, 09:34:14 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Does the game tonight answer your rediculous question?

Hell NO.

Same answer Lebron might have gave after last night too.   .... ;D

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2018, 09:35:39 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
The OP's original premise isn't that Terry is better than Kyrie, it's that Terry and Kawhi/Davis is better than Kyrie and Baynes (for instance). People who are coming here to gloat are probably missing this part.

Also, I think if we were to deal Kyrie (or if that was the plan), then signing Smart would become a priority. Both when combined with Kahwi/Davis make a pretty formidable line-up.

Last night was a tough time for our whole team. Milwaukee came out very physical and, while the refs called a good number of fouls on them, there were also a lot they let go. Things like the Horford block/goaltend on Giannis or the Bledsoe push on Horford and subsequent offensive foul call are the types of plays that can really swing a game and throw off a team's mentality. Everybody was especially horrible in the first half, not just Rozier.
Here is my problem with the original premise.  HOW do we end up with Kawhi or Davis?

« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2018, 09:36:43 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Here is my problem with the original premise.  HOW do we end up with Kawhi or Davis?
By trading Kyrie and a boatload of picks I assume.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2018, 09:56:02 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Kyrie for Kawhi seems about even. Even though people around here are lukewarm on Kyrie, he has a LOT of popularity and respect around the league. He is currently perfectly content to be with the Cs, while the same can [likely] not be said for Kawhi. Any difference in talent is made up for by the current situation in SAS.

As far as Davis goes, yeah, definitely going to need to add some picks. It appears the worst thing that could have happened regarding our chances of acquiring him was Cousins going down. The Pelicans got demonstrably better and so did Davis in the process.

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2018, 10:04:23 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
His play since the beginning of March has taken my mind to a weird place - a place where Kyrie is expendable.  Is he?  What if we could package him with some other assets (NOT Jaylen or Jason) to get Anthony Davis?  Just imagine this lineup:

Do you think that after last night?

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2018, 10:25:54 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
tradeable of course
expendable no, return has to be another star on the same level or else it's a massive L