Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 120121 times)

Re: Here we go..Leonard wants out of SA...
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2018, 04:30:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think many people have independently looked at the Sixers roster and came up with the same no-brainer trade:   Covington + Fultz + #10 for Kawhi.   Gonna be tough to beat that.

Jaylen Brown and a Chipotle coupon would be a far better deal for Spurs.
OOo... do you think we could get Fultz for Jaylen?  That's intriguing.

Kyrie for Kawhi.  Brown for Fultz.  Send it in.

How many minutes did "elite prospect" Futz play in the 1st round? How about against us?

It's hard to get a real rise out of Celtics fans when you don't have much substance.
19 year old Fult per-36:  14.2 points, 7.5 assists, 6.1 rebounds, 1.7 steals
19 year old Brown per-36:  0 points, 0 assists, 0 rebounds, 0 steals

Brown didn't enter the league until he was 20 and put up averages of 6.6 points, 2.8 rebounds, 0.8 assists, 0.4 steals... and he averaged 12 minutes in the playoffs with multiple DNPs.

How confident are you that Fultz next year (when he's the same age as Brown's rookie season) will be just as forgettable? 

How about in two seasons when Fultz is the same age as Brown this year... in which Brown put up numbers nearly identical to 2nd year Michael Beasley and just a hair below 2nd year Jeff Green?

I'm a fan of Brown.  Most likely he peaks out as a fringe star.  Fultz had a very bizarre rookie season, but it's too early to give up on him. 

Neither team would trade Fultz for Brown so it's a moot point.   Boston might move Brown in a package for Kawhi, but it would be expensive and it's not really possible currently given our salaries.  If Fultz + Convington + #10 is on the table this week, it's gonna be tough to beat it.

Thanks for the laugh LaBrd33. I missed your intuitive posts and excellent writing, but your 76ers fanboyism? Absolutely not.
I like that you guys consider the act of not giving up on a 19 year old Markelle Fultz "76er fanboyism" when this time last year every [dang] one of you was losing your minds over giving up the Fultz pick to trade down to #3.  I was totally on board with trading down.  I trust Ainge.  Go back 1 year ago and you'll see a bunch of suicidal Celtic fans arguing with me when I claimed I genuinely believed Boston wouldn't have done the deal unless they honestly felt Tatum was equal/better than Fultz/Ball.

His shot is straight-up broken and that's a massive problem.  He's still an elite prospect.

« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2018, 04:35:32 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Pop should trade Kawhi to Sacramento just to be petty

No!!!

« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2018, 04:36:49 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I think many people have independently looked at the Sixers roster and came up with the same no-brainer trade:   Covington + Fultz + #10 for Kawhi.   Gonna be tough to beat that.

How many minutes did "elite prospect" Futz play in the 1st round? How about against us?

It's hard to get a real rise out of Celtics fans when you don't have much substance.

Brown didn't enter the league until he was 20 and put up averages of 6.6 points, 2.8 rebounds, 0.8 assists, 0.4 steals... and he averaged 12 minutes in the playoffs with multiple DNPs.

How confident are you that Fultz next year (when he's the same age as Brown's rookie season) will be just as forgettable? 

How about in two seasons when Fultz is the same age as Brown this year... in which Brown put up numbers nearly identical to 2nd year Michael Beasley and just a hair below 2nd year Jeff Green?

I'm a fan of Brown.  Most likely he peaks out as a fringe star.  Fultz had a very bizarre rookie season, but it's too early to give up on him. 

Neither team would trade Fultz for Brown so it's a moot point.   Boston might move Brown in a package for Kawhi, but it would be expensive and it's not really possible currently given our salaries.  If Fultz + Convington + #10 is on the table this week, it's gonna be tough to beat it.

You've really lost your fastball, man. Are you seriously bringing up Jaylen's stats as zero's because he wasn't even in the league?

During the 2017 playoffs Brown was 20 yeard old, same age as Fultz was during the 2018 playoffs. So let's compare numbers:

Total Minutes     PPG    RPG   APG  SPG  BPG  FG%  FT%  3PT%
Brown        215               5.0     2.1    0.8   0.4    0.1   47.9  66.7  21.7
Fultz           23                1.7     1.0    1.7   0.7    0.0   14.3  75.0  N/A (shocked...he didn't take a 3)

So one 20 year old was trusted to get a good amount of minutes, the other was not. In fact, he was so scared of the moment that his coach had to pull him from the rotation in the Miami series, and instead went with TJ the little engine that could.

« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2018, 04:37:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Thanks for the laugh LaBrd33. I missed your intuitive posts and excellent writing, but your 76ers fanboyism? Absolutely not.
I like that you guys consider the act of not giving up on a 19 year old Markelle Fultz "76er fanboyism" when this time last year every [dang] one of you was losing your minds over giving up the Fultz pick to trade down to #3.  I was totally on board with trading down.  I trust Ainge.  Go back 1 year ago and you'll see a bunch of suicidal Celtic fans arguing with me when I claimed I genuinely believed Boston wouldn't have done the deal unless they honestly felt Tatum was equal/better than Fultz/Ball.

His shot is straight-up broken and that's a massive problem.  He's still an elite prospect.

What does my comment have to do with the above? My point is Brown is a better prospect than Fultz right now. Ask any GM who they would take.... A PG/SG combo guard that lacks a shot in today's NBA is like bringing in Roy Hibbert in today's NBA.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2018, 04:39:12 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

What does my comment have to do with the above? My point is Brown is a better prospect than Fultz right now. Ask any GM who they would take.... A PG/SG combo guard that lacks a shot in today's NBA is like bringing in Roy Hibbert in today's NBA.

Who's Roy Hibbert?

« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2018, 04:40:28 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391

Dude, I mean come on... I like Fultz, but you're really pushing the, "I'm a 76ers fanboy," narrative all around again lol.

I think he is being sarcastic, or I'm missing something.

He is being sarcastic.

« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2018, 04:41:30 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391

Who's Roy Hibbert?

« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2018, 04:42:02 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Who's Roy Hibbert?

Haha! TP

« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2018, 04:42:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

What? That offer isn't even that good...
Fultz is still an elite prospect.  Youngest player ever to have a triple double.

Stop trolling, dude.

« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2018, 04:45:03 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Kevin O'Connor

Verified account

@KevinOConnorNBA
 51s52 seconds ago
More
Expect the the Sixers, Celtics, Lakers and Clippers to be the main four teams pursuing Kawhi Leonard, per sources. Teams with top picks could always jump into the sweepstakes, but the risk would be significant considering Leonard has just one more season left on his contract.

0 replies 2 retweets 0 likes

We can dream, but one of his biggest beefs was his shoe contract being small from being in a small market. For selling shoes he is not going to think Boston or Philly has a chance of changing that.
Hasn't Kyrie's shoe line done awesome since coming to Boston?

Kyrie's shoe line was doing great in Cleveland. It has less to do with market in 2018 and all of the social media. Leonard just doesn't have the off court persona. He should be angrier at his PR team.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2018, 04:45:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The whole saga is a reminder of why I, an NBA fan since the mid-80s, find this league hard to enjoy these days.

You can do everything right as a franchise and still come up short. The Lakers have been one of the worst-run teams in the league for years, they've been awful at managing the cap, have a huge amount of dead money on their cap. So what? Three of the right guys decide they like the idea of living in Southern California, and voila! All that is forgotten. Doesn't matter.

I thought the league was kind of moving past this, but I guess not. Remember when Lamarcus Aldridge had a free agent meeting with the Lakers and they pitched him on marketing and endorsements and stuff, and hardly anything about basketball? He chose the Spurs instead, the best-run organization in the NBA. Basically the most glamorous places -- LA and NY -- have struck out in free agency in recent years, and most people interpreted it as "guys are prioritizing winning and well-run franchises". Well, maybe we got ahead of ourselves.

What we've got here is a cycle where the teams show no loyalty to the players, and the players show no loyalty to the teams. If you were Kyrie Irving and you'd just seen Isaiah Thomas summarily dumped by the team he carried to the ECF on the weight of a bum hip, wouldn't you be a little cautious?

The way out of this mess is to shift your priorities to draft picks and guys on rookie deals. The only way you can guarantee that an elite player will stay with your club in the long-run is to sign him as a rookie and max him out when he becomes a restricted free agency 5 years later. Something to think about before we trade away Jaylen or, God forbid, Tatum.

Preach.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2018, 04:46:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I'm not sure Brown is a better prospect than Fultz right now.  I get why you could make that conclusion, though.  Clearly, 21 year old Brown played better than 19 year old Fultz.  But I can't confidently say 23 year old Brown will be better than 23 year old Fultz.

Kawhi wants out... trade Brown + salary for him?
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2018, 04:49:32 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
It seems like his "injury" isn't the reason he didn't play, so you only to make sure he signs an extension, I like Brown but his BBIQ really worries me and it's hard to improve that aspect, with Kyrie-Kawhi-Tatum-Hayward-Horford we will have enough fire power to compete against the Warriors.

thoughts?

« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2018, 04:52:02 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I'm not sure Brown is a better prospect than Fultz right now.  I get why you could make that conclusion, though.  Clearly, 21 year old Brown played better than 19 year old Fultz.  But I can't confidently say 23 year old Brown will be better than 23 year old Fultz.

I remember you being really confident in Okafor and Noel too. When it comes to all things Sixers your opinion is only as valuable as your track record.

« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2018, 04:52:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Double Post.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller