Author Topic: Cavaliers (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game 2 5/9/24  (Read 10859 times)

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
Official Report
Crew Chief - John Goble - Goble has a home win/loss record of 19-12. In the regular season, he called 47% of fouls on the road team and 53% on the home team. In the playoffs, he calls 43% fouls on the road team and 57% on the home team. The Celtics are 6-4 in their last 10 games with Goble while the Cavaliers are 5-5 in their last 10 games. Goble was the crew chief for Game 5 in Miami. The Celtics took 18 free throws to 12 for the Heat in that game.

Referee - Bill Kennedy - Kennedy has a home win/loss record of 35-33 this season. In the regular season, he called 54% of fouls on the road team and 46% on the home team. In the playoffs he calls 52% on the road team and 48% on the home team. The Celtics are 10-0 in their last 10 games with Kennedy. The Cavaliers are 6-4 in their last 10 with Kennedy. Kennedy was on the crew that called Game 2 vs Miami. The Celtics took 16 free throws to 6 for the Heat.

Umpire - Nick Buchert - Buchert has a home win/loss record of 32-33. In the regular season he called 50% of fouls on home and road teams. In the playoffs, he is calling 52% of fouls on the road team and 48% on the home team. The Celtics are 9-1 in their last 10 games and the Cavs are 4-6 in their last 10 games with Buchert. This is his first game in the playoffs with the Celtics.

None of Zarba, Davis, or Foster who are the Big 3. But I do remember Bill Kennedy. Hopefully the Celtics have a dominant performance tonight.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 708
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Refs weren't the reason they lost game 2 vs Miami. That was pure defensive poo...

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3773
  • Yup
One game into the second round, with their starting center and his 20 PPG out, the Celtics are -550 favorites to win the East.  They have it all laid out for them nicely.  They were games better than the 2nd place finisher in the East.  They really should steamroll to the Finals.  Keep the nose to the grindstone and suck the Cavs will out of them.

Let’s Goooop Celts !!!
Yup

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2560
This game has high stress potential. A win provides a series breather - comfort that game three isn’t essential - wanted, but not essential.  A loss and it’s Heat series all over again. The Cs doubters breathing fire again and Cs will be in must-win one territory in Cleveland.

Go Celtics. Dominate and don’t let up.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
Let's GO Celts!!  Looking for a big game from JT tonight with better shot selection. JB beasts again and D White his usual killer self. I'd like to see a little offense from "Howitzer" off the bench and PP as well. Kornet has really been balling for us this year. What a keep that has been.

I think it may be a tighter game but hopefully win it by 12+. I would rather have a boring 25+ point win though.

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 993
Refs weren't the reason they lost game 2 vs Miami. That was pure defensive poo...

I think it was offensive poo, actually.  40 points in the second half after 61 on the first half?  Even a tepid 50 would have been enough.

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I’ve come to the conclusion that espn really dislikes the Celtics. Never a positive thing from them.

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
I’ve come to the conclusion that espn really dislikes the Celtics. Never a positive thing from them.

That's why they are called NYESPN
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!
Feeling Tatum has a big night today. I'm sure he's heard the doubters and will be in attack mode tonight. I also think CLE is gonna try and sell out on Brown and White a bit more and that could actually open up things for Tatum. They tried the other way on Tuesday and White + Brown absolutely burned them.

Think Horford has a sneaky good night as well, they will leave him open a lot and force him to hit shots while they focus on everyone else. He's been quiet in recent games, think he could have around 15-20 pts today.

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Did Tatum kill Stephen A smith’s dog??? Guy just never stops grinding on him.

I am going to have to watch this game with the mute on.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970
It's hilarious how reactionary this league is. Because of a hot start to the playoffs against a terrible Phoenix team and a good matchup against a Denver team with a gimpy Murray, now the Wolves are the consensus favorites per Stephen A and Wilbon? Get out of here. We're not even clear if they'll get past OKC or Dallas for that matter.

Just funny how reactionary people are. It's one thing to say they can beat Boston - which they clearly could take the series - but to say they're the consensus favorites it's just nonsense, especially for a team that has never seen the conference finals, let alone finals.

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 993
It's hilarious how reactionary this league is. Because of a hot start to the playoffs against a terrible Phoenix team and a good matchup against a Denver team with a gimpy Murray, now the Wolves are the consensus favorites per Stephen A and Wilbon? Get out of here. We're not even clear if they'll get past OKC or Dallas for that matter.

Just funny how reactionary people are. It's one thing to say they can beat Boston - which they clearly could take the series - but to say they're the consensus favorites it's just nonsense, especially for a team that has never seen the conference finals, let alone finals.

Yeah, that’s laughable to say Minny is anything resembling favorites.  A bet on the Celtics won’t even double your wager, they’re that much of a favorite at this point.

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Real possibility that Minnesota could lose the next two games.

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!
Call me crazy, but while I definitely still think MIN wins the series in 6, I also think it's foolish to completely discount the Nuggets and act like they'll definitely get swept. I mean, 3 days off now between games too. Does Murray get a little better from that rest and play better? Jokic and the others could also get going and make adjustments. Most seem to think MIN is on their way to an easy sweep. Careful.

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3207
Let's get after it!