Author Topic: Report: Howard will be traded to Lakers  (Read 9840 times)

Report: Howard will be traded to Lakers
« on: July 14, 2012, 04:29:52 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Sorry, yet again, amnother Howard rumor. All though this claims to be a report.... Its anyones guess as to it there is real news here or not.... Just an update of more Dwightmare talk.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/07/14/report-howard-will-be-traded-to-lakers/

Nash, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Howard?

Yikes...

Re: Report: Howard will be traded to Lakers
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 04:32:41 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Magic fans have gone on to say this guy is never correct with his sources. Don't read much into it until it actually happens.

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 04:33:44 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Sorry, yet again, amnother Howard rumor. All though this claims to be a report.... Its anyones guess as to it there is real news here or not.... Just an update of more Dwightmare talk.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/07/14/report-howard-will-be-traded-to-lakers/

Nash, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Howard?

Yikes...

Do not worry..we have Wilcox, Green, Melo...

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 04:35:08 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
ugg posting threads on where howard is going to go is like the thread asking if we were to sign him would we win the championship lol

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 04:41:14 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1510
At this point, as long as he isn't going to any eastern conference team, I really don't care.  Bynum for Howard, eh who cares.  I don't know that it makes the Lakers much better.  If Bynum could ever get his head on straight, I could see him being a better player than DH.

ugg posting threads on where howard is going to go is like the thread asking if we were to sign him would we win the championship lol

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 04:48:54 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
My take on this is Orlando would prefer Bynum over what Houston has to offer.  The only hold-up is whether Orlando can get Bynum to agree to an extension.  If Bynum refuses, Orlando will probably (eventually) do the Houston deal.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2979
Lakers are wasting players and time and frustration on Howard.  I agree Bynum is now better player , Howard has back issues, he may nver be the player he once was.  Howards head is screwed up too. LA already HAS a great team ( with a sucky bench , cause all their money is tied up in 6 players.)

LA should work with what they got , I only see them getting worse with Howard , not better, Bynum is 10x better shooter.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 04:57:44 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
Lakers are wasting players and time and frustration on Howard.  I agree Bynum is now better player , Howard has back issues, he may nver be the player he once was.  Howards head is screwed up too. LA already HAS a great team ( with a sucky bench , cause all their money is tied up in 6 players.)

LA should work with what they got , I only see them getting worse with Howard , not better, Bynum is 10x better shooter.
Oh please Howard is fine, he just didn't want to play for the magic no more lol. Bynum will always be trash and he only "looks" good because he has no comp in the center position. He is not good and that will show real soon. I'm sorry but EVERY team will get better with the best center in the league.

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 04:59:20 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Pressure from Orlando for Houston to up its offer.

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 05:01:31 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1510
I have to disagree with you here.  At times last year Bynum was finally starting to get it.  I saw a number of games (C's fan in so cal, nothing else to watch) where Bynum flat out dominated.  

DH just doesn't have the O skills that Bynum has.  I still think Bynum is a jerk, and has a long way to go, but he isn't much behind DH, if at all.

Oh please Howard is fine, he just didn't want to play for the magic no more lol. Bynum will always be trash and he only "looks" good because he has no comp in the center position. He is not good and that will show real soon. I'm sorry but EVERY team will get better with the best center in the league.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 05:01:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
My take on this is Orlando would prefer Bynum over what Houston has to offer.  The only hold-up is whether Orlando can get Bynum to agree to an extension.  If Bynum refuses, Orlando will probably (eventually) do the Houston deal.

Houston has a real chance to help make this work with a future first, maybe 2, and Kevin Martin's expiring contract.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6t8m72n

All the guys under contract that make sense, rights to Royce White, future first, taking back Glen Davis.

Seems like an 'everybody wins' situation, but it comes back to one irrefutable fact:

Why would Houston help LA? They can just do nothing, hope Bynum refuses to sign an extension, and trade talks fall apart.

They can still get Howard, and have the most leverage of anyone because it can get done before the beginning of the season, whereas the Nets have to wait until Jan to trade Brook Lopez, a time in which all sorts of things can happen to screw that up.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 05:05:41 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Bynum is better in offensive actions, but DH12 is better defender than Bynum. Both of them had injury problems

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 05:16:56 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I think (and hope) Bynum sinks the Lakers trade chances.

I want to see Howard in Houston. 

I want to watch LA implode with with Bynum and World Peace

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 05:17:42 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Wouldn't Houston have a much more enticing deal to Orlando? Multiple picks/young players as opposed to one really great player with only 1 year left on his deal?????

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 05:18:46 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

Bynum has a legit left AND right hook and is easily the 2nd best post up center in the league (Al Jefferson). Western Conference centers are very talented - defensively, at least. Lots of size and stuff.

Bynum is still a jerk and Howard is still better defensively, but Bynum's game isn't trash (Even though he and all the other Lakers are).
I like Marcus Smart