Author Topic: Today would be the perfect day to bench pierce and start green.  (Read 3006 times)

Today would be the perfect day to bench pierce and start green.
« on: December 08, 2012, 06:24:08 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Pierce played 45mins last night and hes like 45 years old. He could use the day off *We could all use the day off from seeing him shoot 37percent and taking 25 plus shots*. This way we can see how green performs in the starting lineup without actually *Benching pierce*.

We all know doc wouldn't dare bench his beloved vet without an valid excuse and now he has one. He will probably still play everyone tho. Knowing doc, he leans so much on the old guys.

Re: Today would be the perfect day to bench pierce and start green.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 06:26:13 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Doc should start Jeff Green instead of Bass today to better matchup against Thad Young.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I like my idea better. Keep green where hes been playing well and give pierce the night off.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 06:34:39 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
C's have 3 days off after this if I'm not mistaken, so I don't see the point of giving Pierce the night off.  Green starting for Bass would be interesting though, and seems to make sense against Philly.  Doc won't do it though.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 06:38:12 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
There is no plausible explanation to give the day off to 35-years-old Paul Pierce and play 36-years-old Kevin Garnett.
Veterans play or sit together, and Doc won't make such a move this early into the season, unlike Pop.

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 06:39:54 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
C's have 3 days off after this if I'm not mistaken, so I don't see the point of giving Pierce the night off.  Green starting for Bass would be interesting though, and seems to make sense against Philly.  Doc won't do it though.

Doesn't matter if they have 3 days off after this. Its the regular season and one of your older guys just played 45mins last night. You can afford to rest him so why not? Especially the way pierce has been playing lately.

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 06:42:08 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
There is no plausible explanation to give the day off to 35-years-old Paul Pierce and play 36-years-old Kevin Garnett.
Veterans play or sit together, and Doc won't make such a move this early into the season, unlike Pop.

I have one, we can win without pierce tonight but idk about without garnett  ;D

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 06:47:26 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

I have one, we can win without pierce tonight but idk about without garnett  ;D

Yeah, I can agree on this more or less, but Pierce won't find that plausible :D

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 07:07:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I for one   ;)would like to see this unpopular experiment take place. I would have tried it a few  during preseason , Green should have started a few games to see what is what.  He never played enough games to find his spot before his surgery.

Indications seem to point to Green could be a better starter type ... ???  Then again maybe not. ???

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 07:11:50 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Yeah i really do see the potential in green. If pierce wasn't playing like trash i probably would leave it alone but i mean......I don't wanna mess up any chemistry but pierce needs to start playing better. Shooting the ball less would be an improvement.

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 07:49:46 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
It's not like PP's legs are going to fall off tonight after playing 45 minutes last night.  There will be plenty of other nights for him to rest on the 2nd of a back-to-back.  Doc will limit his minutes tonight.

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I guess tonight wasn't that night... ;D

good ol Doc Rivers  ;D

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 08:54:01 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 09:14:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Unreal.

Pierce is 35 years old. Check the stats. 35 year olds MJ, Larry Bird, Scottie Pippen, Julius Erving, Jerry West, Alex English, and a host of other great wing players all played big minutes and very well at 35 years old.

Pierce is in some of the best shape of his life and still playing an all around game that is far better than Jeff Green's game. You don't sit a better player simply because he might be older than another or because you have a man crush on the bench player.

That's just bad basketball coaching.

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 09:26:44 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Unreal.

Pierce is 35 years old. Check the stats. 35 year olds MJ, Larry Bird, Scottie Pippen, Julius Erving, Jerry West, Alex English, and a host of other great wing players all played big minutes and very well at 35 years old.

Pierce is in some of the best shape of his life and still playing an all around game that is far better than Jeff Green's game. You don't sit a better player simply because he might be older than another or because you have a man crush on the bench player.

That's just bad basketball coaching.

Really? Lately green has been shooting the ball alot better than pierce with less mins and less shots. I don't think giving your 35 year old star a night off the day after playing 45mins is *Stupid*. If anybody has a man crush on anyone i think its the people that automatically dismiss any pierce criticism.