Author Topic: David Letterman blackmailed  (Read 8336 times)

David Letterman blackmailed
« on: October 02, 2009, 11:07:44 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Re: David Letterman blackmailed
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 11:13:21 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
What goes around comes around....  Personally never cared for the guy.  Always thought he was kind of a jerk.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 11:18:41 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Really could care less if he slept around, I'm glad the blackmailer got caught, I really hate those types of people.

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 11:21:21 AM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Is anyone actually surprised about this?

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 11:23:41 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Letterman will profit from this, I'm sure his ratings for the next couple of days are going to increase.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 11:31:59 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I fail to see what the problem is. His interns are all young women well over legal age, and everything being alleged, at worse, is consensual sex between adults.

Why am i supposed to feel outraged again? seriously, help me out.

Is it because im supposed to think he "tricked" these women into liking him?

or the affection is false from their end just to get some consideration (like the girl who got her law school bill comped)?

So what? there grownups, none of the women involved seem to outraged. I feel bad for Dave's Girlfriend of 20+ years, who recently became his wife, but hey, people sleep around.  non-married people more so.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 11:34:58 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I fail to see what the problem is. His interns are all young women well over legal age, and everything being alleged, at worse, is consensual sex between adults.

or the affection is false from their end just to get some consideration (like the girl who got her law school bill comped)?

So what? there grownups, none of the women involved seem to outraged. I feel bad for Dave's Girlfriend of 20+ years, who recently became his wife, but hey, people sleep around.  non-married people more so.

Ya I think its more just the decision of Letterman being forced to either come public with this and own up to his actions or face the extortion of  some of his former partners.  Not sure they are looking for outrage, but it is somewhat of a story. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 11:38:57 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Ya I think its more just the decision of Letterman being forced to either come public with this and own up to his actions or face the extortion of  some of his former partners.  Not sure they are looking for outrage, but it is somewhat of a story. 

But it's not the former "partners" its one of his former staffers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/01/robert-halderman-letterma_n_307245.html

is the one named as the main extortionist.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 11:41:32 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
OHHHH I gotcha now, my bad

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 11:49:54 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
uh yeah blackmailing a national celebrity for 2 million is a pretty big deal guys.  wake up.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 11:53:24 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
uh yeah blackmailing a national celebrity for 2 million is a pretty big deal guys.  wake up.

So were not allowed to talk about it because it's not a life or death issue?

I'll keep that in mind in the future.

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 12:32:25 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason

So were not allowed to talk about it because it's not a life or death issue?

I'll keep that in mind in the future.

No, you are asking why you should be "outraged" by it.... it sounds like you were the one not wanting to talk about it.

My point was it is a big deal, which is why it's news.  But I guess I misunderstood your post, as you to mine.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 12:38:13 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'm glad the blackmailer got caught, although you know if he was asking for $75,000 instead he would've just been paid off. I hate that stuff too.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 12:52:21 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
ok wow, this is going to get interesting...

http://gawker.com/5372983/who-is-david-lettermans-alleged-extortionist

looks like a love triangle mabey? The intern in question supposedly had relationships with both of them at different times.

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 01:45:13 PM »

Offline SalmonAndMashedPotatoes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 119
Personally, I applaud Letterman's ability to fess up to the information that was being used to blackmail him.  That takes guts and shows a level of integrity which hardly exists in public figures.  By directly facing the situation, he has effectively diffused it.  We can all learn something from that.
Folly. Persist.