Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 203229 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #600 on: December 06, 2018, 02:56:34 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The top 3 players in the east right now are probably Leonard, Giannis and embiid in that order. Whoever is next best isn’t even in the same league.

Those three guys are amazing.  I would say, however, that none of those guys feels unstoppable to me in a playoff series, and they're all fairly predictable in crunch time.

None of them is LeBron.

Now, that's not to say that the Celts will be good enough when the time comes to actually beat them ....

But I like our guy to go toe to toe with those guys in terms of taking / making big shots in close fourth quarters.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #601 on: December 06, 2018, 03:30:44 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
The top 3 players in the east right now are probably Leonard, Giannis and embiid in that order. Whoever is next best isn’t even in the same league.
Until Embiid matches up with Baynes.
Then he wakes up in sweat.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #602 on: December 06, 2018, 04:47:22 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
The Lakers structured their salary cap to make sure they would have space next summer for a maximum-salaried player—whether he comes via free agency or trade. League sources say that when James became convinced Irving couldn’t be persuaded to stay in Cleveland, he suggested to the Cavs front office that it deal Irving to the Blazers for All-Star point guard Damian Lillard. The Cavs never called the Blazers, but James’ interest has led to speculation about the Lakers trading for Lillard. – via Bleacher Report

It amazing how much media BS LeBron's camp is emitting.
As per usual practice, it is timed after most of it is forgotten by the casual fans.

I remember that Kyrie was on the table for about a month, they have been searching for the best offers patiently and the bit where "The Cavs never called the Blazers" sounds just about impossible to me.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 05:56:50 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #603 on: December 06, 2018, 07:06:32 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Until Embiid matches up with Baynes.
Then he wakes up in sweat.

Embiid is absolutely proving to be among the elite players in the league but I still can't put him on the same level as Leonard or Giannis.  This is mostly due to the position he plays and his lack of efficiency. 

There are ways to neutralize Embiid's style of play in crunch time, which the Celtics have successfully done with Horford.  Leonard and Giannis scare me a lot of more in a 7 game series.

On a side note, Embiid deserves some credit for completely outplaying Anthony Davis in their past two meetings.  The eye test and statistics support Davis as the far better player.  Kudos to  Embiid for taking on the match-up as a personal challenge. 

« Reply #604 on: December 06, 2018, 09:52:57 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Rather than starting a new thread, I thought I put my trade idea here. I was working on a way to get Bradley Beal on the Thunder for funsies. I don't think there is any way the Thunder would give up Adams, but it didn't seem like the Wizards would want Schroeder, Roberson, and Grant. The Thunder have an almost 11 million dollar exception to use to take on a bad contract to make a deal work. I think the trade would have to include a third team. Here's what I came up with:

Thunder trade: Diallo, Schroeder, Roberson, 8.6 million trade exemption, 2022 1st
Thunder receive: Beal, Morris

This gives the Thunder a perfect complimentary piece to Westbrook, Adams, and George and makes them contenders for a championship this year. Morris is also a good get on an expiring contract that can start for them.

Pelicans trade: Hill, Randle
Pelicans receive: Schroeder, Roberson

Pelicans continue to search for pieces to put around Anthony Davis. This isn't a flashy move, but it is low cost. Flipping Randle and Hill into two players that could actually share the court in crunch time with Davis, Mirotic, and Holliday is helpful. Roberson's lack of shooting is covered up by Mirotic and Davis' shooting, but it gives the Pelicans the defensive stopper on the wing they've always needed. Schroeder is a secondary ball-handler that excels in the pick-and-roll (hello Anthony Davis).

Wizards trade: Beal, Morris
Wizards receive: Hill, Randle, Diallo, 8.6 million trade exemption, Thunder's 2022 1st

The first benefit to this deal is that it gets the Wizards out of the luxury tax (they were 11 million into the luxury tax!!!). Randle gives the Wizards a productive inside player, which they have lacked severely this year. He brings the energy that could change the culture a bit. Hill is a rotation player with only one year left on his contract after this one. Diallo is a good prospect that could give you leverage in negotiations with Oubre, or let you move on completely from Oubre's inconsistent play. The Thunder's 2022 draft pick might actually be really good depending on how Westbrook's game ages.

« Reply #605 on: December 06, 2018, 10:37:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The Suns just stink.

Why isn't Ayton starting?

« Reply #606 on: December 06, 2018, 10:47:14 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Refs working in Houston's favor early in this one. That first call against him was garbage, the second one was a flop by Harden.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #607 on: December 06, 2018, 10:47:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Suns coach got those wild eyes ....might become unhinged ...LOL

« Reply #608 on: December 06, 2018, 10:50:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
these Houston utah games are gonna be good ones next few seasons

« Reply #609 on: December 06, 2018, 10:55:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Gobert ejected for slamming something off scorers table

« Reply #610 on: December 07, 2018, 12:27:32 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Refs working in Houston's favor early in this one. That first call against him was garbage, the second one was a flop by Harden.

But unfortunately Houston stinks....

« Reply #611 on: December 07, 2018, 12:29:29 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Houston have some serious problems now.

They need to swing a pretty drastic trade.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #612 on: December 07, 2018, 12:52:16 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Short of buyouts what they can do? Also Paul is not looking good

« Reply #613 on: December 07, 2018, 02:46:02 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Gobert ejected for slamming something off scorers table

in 2:47 LOL

reminds me of when Rasheed was thrown out after 85 seconds  :o

« Reply #614 on: December 07, 2018, 02:58:12 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Short of buyouts what they can do? Also Paul is not looking good

I thought this was how Paul was going to look last year but he had a crazy good year and defied what I thought would be the start of fast slide. He some how pulled out a truly great year. It was a contract year so maybe that had something to do with it. Contract years can be deceiving. Small guards like Chris Paul tend to be on there way down in there early 30's and Paul is now 33.