Author Topic: Ridiculous HORSE Shot  (Read 10838 times)

Re: Ridiculous HORSE Shot
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 09:45:16 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
At some point in middle school, I was trying to be cool and work on hitting half court shots at our Downtown YMCA. I missed, and missed, came close, and missed, and on and on. I got VERY frustrated(short fused) and chunked the ball as hard as I could at the rim(I was ticked off and was "hoping" to bust the backboard) And as luck tells it, I freakin made it....

...SO, with my newfound ego, I decided to take a "few" steps back and hit the full court one hand chuck. BRICK,BRICK, AIR BALL,AIR BALL, BRICK, BRICK, etc. And again, as always, I get p---ed off, take the ball and kicked the crap out of it...
SWISH! What luck? God's way of laughing at me
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 10:36:14 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I have a thing for hitting half court shots. Last time I played horse I went 2/3 from down there. It's weird, the further I get from the hoop it's like the more accurate I actually get.

Half court shots and free throws, that's what it's all about. Someone should organize a Celticsblog free throw contest. That'd be cool.

Anyway, nice shot.

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 10:42:01 PM »

Offline rrc589

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
I remember hitting half court shots a few times in high school during free periods or before gym class started. I seem to have a knack for it as well.

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 10:48:53 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 11:02:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
Rasheed's trick shots...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suqdPykwS_0

The ballrack shot was probably the hardest!
Yup

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 06:06:27 AM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
One day when I was middle school aged, I was at some chucky-e-cheese-esque arcade for a birthday party and saw a cute girl standing by one of those claw vending machines with the stuffed animals and the crane.   For the heck of it, I took one of my tokens and smoothly strolled over there... flipped the token in... two quick joystick actions and a drop... I landed a plush chihuahua on my very first attempt... casually grabbed it from the reward bin and smoothly walked off like I did that kind of thing all the time.

Not a day goes by that I don't regret not tossing the girl the plush chihuahua.   To think... the two of us 12 year olds could have lived happily ever after.   I wonder where she is now...   she's probably fat now.   Typical chick... getting fat after middle school.    The chihuahua stuffed animal is now my cat's boyfriend and has two missing ears. 

I live alone... with a cat... a 14 year old stuffed chihuahua with two missing ears... and lots of Boston Celtics posters on my wall.  I like to think the aforementioned moment is where it all went wrong.

Hahaha.  TP.  I'm going to nominate this in the other thread for the post of the year.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 06:16:42 AM by Prof. Clutch »