Poll

Do C's need to trade up in the first round to have a good draft?

Yes
No
No. They should try but it's not the end if they fail.
Yes. They better or else what is the point of collecting all those picks.

Author Topic: Do C's need to trade up to have a good draft?  (Read 867 times)

Do C's need to trade up to have a good draft?
« on: June 12, 2016, 01:45:19 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
C's are loaded with picks. If they can't trade up and settle on 3+ draft stash players and even selling picks is that a bad draft? I ask the question because in my opinion they really need to work the board and get their guys this year. They can't miss as this draft is a big part to taking a step foward. Hell its where the Pierce and KG deals start to show themselves as paying off on the court. C's have said they need to come out this draft with at least one exceptional player. They joke about having 8 picks to do so. Well its not a joke and I feel they need more. One star, a key rotation guy and a role player are needed out this draft. Consolidate the picks with the goal of making this happen. Don't blow picks.

Re: Do C's need to trade up to have a good draft?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 04:19:11 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I would like to see them move up.

But even if they don't, they are still in very good position with the #3 overall pick, plus 2 more 1st rounders, and 5 more 2nd rounders.

I don't expect them to use all the picks so I have a feeling DA will be doing a lot of wheeling and dealing on draft day!

Re: Do C's need to trade up to have a good draft?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 05:21:10 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
We must trade some of these picks, even if it means selling them for a future pick or two, or unloading Young. Eight selections would be a disaster considering we probably have roster space for only 2-3 rookies.