Author Topic: Celtics (29-14) at Magic (21-24) Game #44 1/24/20  (Read 24305 times)

Re: Celtics (29-14) at Magic (21-24) Game #44 1/24/20
« Reply #270 on: January 25, 2020, 08:27:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Grant Williams played a very good game

3s, picks and be a bruiser on D

Grant stunk it up in the first half and played better in the second.   I am not sure he deserves to start though.   He had some nice moments in the second half.

« Reply #271 on: January 25, 2020, 09:01:23 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Missed the game tonight, have to watch in on DVR...I did have fun reading through the entire game thread though, it's funny reading it in the absence of watching the game - it sounds like it was a really roller coaster game because the comments went from "awesome start" to "we're trash", "can't win the game", "wish we were healthy" to "Kemba could score 60 here", "great second half comeback", "one of the best wins of the season underhanded". These are the kinds of games which are so much fun to watch.  :laugh:

great take on reading up on a game missed.  When i totally miss a game and want to know who won .  I look at the last post or five.   If Hayward is being praised to high heaven we won ,  if we lost then there will,be twelve trades involving Gordon .  LOL

« Reply #272 on: January 25, 2020, 01:46:33 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
An interesting trend over the last several games is that Green is beginning to play good individual defense.  He largely shut Ross down last night.  This is noteworthy, because he was a turnstile early in the season. 

This dude is on his way to carving out a niche for himself in the NBA.  I think he moves on from the Celtics eventually, because I think he’s capable of filling a larger role than we have available for him.  But this kid can play.  I think he’s an everyday rotation guy on a team that doesn’t have so many wings.

Keep working on that jumpshot though.

« Reply #273 on: January 25, 2020, 03:18:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
An interesting trend over the last several games is that Green is beginning to play good individual defense.  He largely shut Ross down last night.  This is noteworthy, because he was a turnstile early in the season. 

This dude is on his way to carving out a niche for himself in the NBA.  I think he moves on from the Celtics eventually, because I think he’s capable of filling a larger role than we have available for him.  But this kid can play.  I think he’s an everyday rotation guy on a team that doesn’t have so many wings.

Keep working on that jumpshot though.

Green is doing a nice job filling in

But he has to work on his jump shot

« Reply #274 on: January 25, 2020, 03:20:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Even with Jaylen, Kanter and Tatum out, Kemba still probably played with a few teammates (Hayward, Smart) who were better than anyone he had on his Hornets teams. Maybe prime-Batum, prime-Jefferson and Howard are up there.

No question Kemba's 1st half was massive and helped us stay in it to win, but I bet he was also a bit relieved he didn't have to go scorched earth in the 2nd half as Hayward, Theis and others stepped up big time too lol. In his Hornets days, Kemba would have games where he put up 55+ but they'd lose because literally the rest of his starters would combine to only score like 15 points (not kidding - look up the Sixers-Hornets game with Kemba scoring 60 in an OT loss)

Or this:

This might truly be the best team Kemba has been on in his career. Hope he's enjoying Boston too.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #275 on: January 25, 2020, 03:43:11 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Even with Jaylen, Kanter and Tatum out, Kemba still probably played with a few teammates (Hayward, Smart) who were better than anyone he had on his Hornets teams. Maybe prime-Batum, prime-Jefferson and Howard are up there.

No question Kemba's 1st half was massive and helped us stay in it to win, but I bet he was also a bit relieved he didn't have to go scorched earth in the 2nd half as Hayward, Theis and others stepped up big time too lol. In his Hornets days, Kemba would have games where he put up 55+ but they'd lose because literally the rest of his starters would combine to only score like 15 points (not kidding - look up the Sixers-Hornets game with Kemba scoring 60 in an OT loss)

Or this:

This might truly be the best team Kemba has been on in his career. Hope he's enjoying Boston too.

That was my same thoughts exactly. Yes, Magic is a playoff team coming in at 21-25, you can't underestimate every team, but Hayward is playing at a perennial All-Star level, and our coaching/talent level may slightly edge the Magic.

I do like their young core in Fultz, Bamba, Isaac, and not going to lie Aaron Gordon had his moments. He actually seems like he sharpened his ball handling a lot more, if he can obtain a consistent shot, watch out? I wonder what they'll do with Vuvecic?

I really wish the Magic kept Oladipo, it would've been fun to see how that team would've looked like by now.

Walker probably doesn't have to do that much anymore, and it must be a huge relief to him.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #276 on: January 25, 2020, 04:12:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Or this:

That was my same thoughts exactly. Yes, Magic is a playoff team coming in at 21-25, you can't underestimate every team, but Hayward is playing at a perennial All-Star level, and our coaching/talent level may slightly edge the Magic.

I do like their young core in Fultz, Bamba, Isaac, and not going to lie Aaron Gordon had his moments. He actually seems like he sharpened his ball handling a lot more, if he can obtain a consistent shot, watch out? I wonder what they'll do with Vuvecic?

I really wish the Magic kept Oladipo, it would've been fun to see how that team would've looked like by now.

Walker probably doesn't have to do that much anymore, and it must be a huge relief to him.

Anyone else think Aaron Gordon bulked up too much. He seems slower and less smooth. He is huge but it doesn't seem to help his game.

« Reply #277 on: January 25, 2020, 04:26:38 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Or this:

Anyone else think Aaron Gordon bulked up too much. He seems slower and less smooth. He is huge but it doesn't seem to help his game.

Yeah, I think he needed to slim down too. His spin move reverse dunk was nice, but he's going to be quicker against experienced defenders.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #278 on: January 25, 2020, 06:01:01 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
i like Greens energy , he likes to play hard and that seems to be contagious good trait

one of the better games this season so far.   Stomping the Lakers was my personal fav

« Reply #279 on: January 25, 2020, 08:41:29 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
i like Greens energy , he likes to play hard and that seems to be contagious good trait

one of the better games this season so far.   Stomping the Lakers was my personal fav

Wannamaker or Green?

I got Green all day.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #280 on: January 25, 2020, 08:53:55 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Wannamaker or Green?

I got Green all day.

Greenie

« Reply #281 on: January 25, 2020, 09:41:28 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Wannamaker or Green?

I got Green all day.

Greenie

Okay, but he’s a wing/slasher, not a playmaker/PG.