Author Topic: Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard!!!  (Read 69760 times)

Re: Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard!!!
« Reply #390 on: January 16, 2021, 01:27:06 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
He’s already comfortable with the NBA three. Every time he gets an open look in those corners, I feel like it’s money. In a couple years, he’s going to have crazy range.

Obviously, the guys IQ will allow him to earn major minutes. He’s got legit NBA stud potential from the PG position. I think he’s almost too unselfish. He should look for his shot more inside the 3.

What’s going to happen in a couple years after he puts in the work ? It’s exciting. Man, Ainge got us another one. This team is stacked.

« Reply #391 on: January 16, 2021, 01:32:34 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He’s already comfortable with the NBA three. Every time he gets an open look in those corners, I feel like it’s money. In a couple years, he’s going to have crazy range.

Obviously, the guys IQ will allow him to earn major minutes. He’s got legit NBA stud potential from the PG position. I think he’s almost too unselfish. He should look for his shot more inside the 3.

What’s going to happen in a couple years after he puts in the work ? It’s exciting. Man, Ainge got us another one. This team is stacked.

Tbh I dont find this an issue. I like that other players are getting open looks.  Pritch does seem to have an emergency score now button if the team cant buy a bucket

Pritchard’s father would demand from a young age that his talented child learn to share the basketball and properly run an offense. Pritchard even went as far as to say that during his high school days he wasn’t interested in just purely scoring the basketball.

“My dad always told me he’d almost be mad at me if I scored 50 points, or anywhere near 45 and up. Honestly, if you are scoring that in a high school game in only 32 minutes, your other teammates aren’t touching the ball enough and you’re not getting other guys shots.”

« Reply #392 on: January 16, 2021, 02:55:38 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Tbh I dont find this an issue. I like that other players are getting open looks.  Pritch does seem to have an emergency score now button if the team cant buy a bucket

Pritchard’s father would demand from a young age that his talented child learn to share the basketball and properly run an offense. Pritchard even went as far as to say that during his high school days he wasn’t interested in just purely scoring the basketball.

“My dad always told me he’d almost be mad at me if I scored 50 points, or anywhere near 45 and up. Honestly, if you are scoring that in a high school game in only 32 minutes, your other teammates aren’t touching the ball enough and you’re not getting other guys shots.”

Pritchard’s passing last night was a thing of beauty. This kid can do it all. I wanted him for his handle and shooting but his passing is just as good. He had the ball a lot and made a lot of cross court passes,etc. and he had 0 turnovers. He has a very high skill level. I’ve heard folks say that he’s probably not going to improve much but he’s only 22 and he’s a worker.

« Reply #393 on: January 16, 2021, 02:55:47 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

It’s definitely not an issue. I just want him taking the shot. He usually makes a play regardless.

What a great pick and addition to this team. Ainge schooling the draft gurus in here again. It pays yet again to have multiple picks in the draft.

« Reply #394 on: January 16, 2021, 03:36:57 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

Pritchard’s passing last night was a thing of beauty. This kid can do it all. I wanted him for his handle and shooting but his passing is just as good. He had the ball a lot and made a lot of cross court passes,etc. and he had 0 turnovers. He has a very high skill level. I’ve heard folks say that he’s probably not going to improve much but he’s only 22 and he’s a worker.

Of course he’ll improve.  It’s really pretty crazy to think otherwise.  22 used to be the typical age of a rookie.  Guys were 4 year products of major systems v. better competition.  Yet they apprenticed in the NBA and grew over time.  19 year old products like Magic Johnson are 1 in a generation.  Of course, he improved too.   I think Larry Bird (23 as a rookie) had his tools, but just became smarter and smarter. This will happen with Payton.  I do think we are already seeing teams taking him more seriously.  They’re seeing if added defensive attention can stop him and we’re seeing that he’s still able to produce.  I love that he’s had clunker games and still comes back confident.  Handles the speed, handles the tighter coverage.  Anticipates.   Looking like a long-term solid pro (starter; 6th/7th man) at his floor. 

« Reply #395 on: January 16, 2021, 03:58:54 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Of course he’ll improve.  It’s really pretty crazy to think otherwise.  22 used to be the typical age of a rookie.  Guys were 4 year products of major systems v. better competition.  Yet they apprenticed in the NBA and grew over time.  19 year old products like Magic Johnson are 1 in a generation.  Of course, he improved too.   I think Larry Bird (23 as a rookie) had his tools, but just became smarter and smarter. This will happen with Payton.  I do think we are already seeing teams taking him more seriously.  They’re seeing if added defensive attention can stop him and we’re seeing that he’s still able to produce.  I love that he’s had clunker games and still comes back confident.  Handles the speed, handles the tighter coverage.  Anticipates.   Looking like a long-term solid pro (starter; 6th/7th man) at his floor.

He got double teamed in this game. He needs to get to the line a few times a game. I’m 100% sure he’ll work on his whole game. Yeah, he never hangs his head, instead he just keeps playing hard. His court awareness is also very good for a rookie.

« Reply #396 on: January 16, 2021, 10:53:43 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
He has changed this team. For years, we have been crying like junior high school girls for a shooter off the bench and here he is!

What!?

FG 39 for 77
3PT 15 for 34
FT 9 for 10

He's getting 23 minutes a game. If he misses a couple of threes he doesn't need to go into therapy for a month, he just chucks another and it goes in.

He passes like he's been in the league for years. He dribbles in and out of the paint and the other team just waves at him when he goes by. Watch him chew up 7 footers, they don't know what to do with him. He runs at them, breaks their ankles and scores a bucket.

I can't wait to have fans in the Garden again. There isn't anyone on this board who can't picture the Garden exploding with Payton Pritchard drilling a three with zeros on the clock in a huge game.

He freaking LOOKS like he's from Southie!

Re: Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard!!
« Reply #397 on: January 16, 2021, 12:03:43 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
He has changed this team. For years, we have been crying like junior high school girls for a shooter off the bench and here he is!

What!?

FG 39 for 77
3PT 15 for 34
FT 9 for 10

He's getting 23 minutes a game. If he misses a couple of threes he doesn't need to go into therapy for a month, he just chucks another and it goes in.

He passes like he's been in the league for years. He dribbles in and out of the paint and the other team just waves at him when he goes by. Watch him chew up 7 footers, they don't know what to do with him. He runs at them, breaks their ankles and scores a bucket.

I can't wait to have fans in the Garden again. There isn't anyone on this board who can't picture the Garden exploding with Payton Pritchard drilling a three with zeros on the clock in a huge game.

Don’t get too excited Ainge is going to be looking for that shooter off the bench again soon when PMP becomes the starting PG!

Re: Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard!!
« Reply #398 on: January 16, 2021, 12:11:16 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799

What!?

FG 39 for 77
3PT 15 for 34
FT 9 for 10

Don’t get too excited Ainge is going to be looking for that shooter off the bench again soon when PMP becomes the starting PG!

Nesmith next in line!
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #399 on: January 16, 2021, 02:44:40 PM »

Offline wikkid1

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
What I’ve noticed is he just makes good decisions with the ball.  Gets into the paint, draws defenders, makes crisp passes to teammates or backs it out if he doesn’t see an opportunity.  Nice to see a rook not pushing things.

« Reply #400 on: February 07, 2021, 04:36:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
On the bright spot

https://youtu.be/neYlJY_Vb-g

Also 5 rebounds.  Tough defense

« Reply #401 on: February 07, 2021, 04:41:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
#StartPP
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #402 on: February 07, 2021, 05:05:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
#StartPP

Over Walker??  Last person I thought would suggest
 ;D

« Reply #403 on: February 07, 2021, 05:33:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Vs Suns highlights. 12 pts. 4 threes. 5 rebounds

https://youtu.be/p6J4ZbT8fGY

« Reply #404 on: February 07, 2021, 05:36:58 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
#StartPP

I think they should right now, but what do you do when Smart comes back? There is no way Brad is moving Kemba to the bench. Regardless of whether it’s a good idea, it’s just not going to happen. Kemba will be a starter as long as he is on the roster.

From Smart the other day. Hope he’s right...

https://mobile.twitter.com/smart_MS3?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.