Author Topic: Celtics (39-16) at Wizards (31-23) Game #56 2/8/18  (Read 15723 times)

Re: Celtics (39-16) at Wizards (31-23) Game #56 2/8/18
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2018, 08:21:37 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Very impressed with:
Wizards without wall, i like the makeup of their team
Jaylen Brown's all around game, his defense has picked up (even more) and his handle has looked really good the last few games, future all star
Greg Monroe in limited minutes.  I want to see him with 5 games under his belt with team.  Looks like a great fit, fill needs and resign
Our big rotation...what...Baynes, Horford, Morris, Monroe and Theis.  Good contributions from all as that is some depth at pf/c spots.

« Reply #196 on: February 09, 2018, 08:32:46 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Actually Monroe got 20 minutes in his debut. He was a little rusty at first but he did some good things. I do like the size we can put out there at times like last night when they had Tatum at the 2 for a bit. Theis impresses me more and more each game (blocks, rebounds, shots, screens just overall effort and desire). We smothered Beal last night which was great but we couldn't contain Porter which almost cost us. And again outside of Kyrie and the clutch free throws our overall free throw shooting was horrendous. At one point we were 11-19. We had 3 guys that missed both free throws at various points last night. That can't happen. Satoransky was a pest. I can see that team playing better without Wall which is ridiculous but true.

« Reply #197 on: February 09, 2018, 09:01:44 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Actually Monroe got 20 minutes in his debut. He was a little rusty at first but he did some good things. I do like the size we can put out there at times like last night when they had Tatum at the 2 for a bit. Theis impresses me more and more each game (blocks, rebounds, shots, screens just overall effort and desire). We smothered Beal last night which was great but we couldn't contain Porter which almost cost us. And again outside of Kyrie and the clutch free throws our overall free throw shooting was horrendous. At one point we were 11-19. We had 3 guys that missed both free throws at various points last night. That can't happen. Satoransky was a pest. I can see that team playing better without Wall which is ridiculous but true.
Tatum spent quite a bit of time guarding Sartoransky. That was odd, to say the least, and it didn't work great. But I did enjoy the fact that we finally played a rotation of 9 legitimate NBA players.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #198 on: February 09, 2018, 09:29:23 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
one thing i really like about monroe that will help us long term is his offensive rebounding, and i love how he brings real size, i think it's sooner rather than later that he might be starting next to horford, i think he is an upgrade over Baynes but i am unsure how the bench will look like

« Reply #199 on: February 09, 2018, 09:50:13 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
We missed like 8 to 10 lay ups!!!

This was a frustrating game that we SHOULD have won by 15 or more.

Smitty77

« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2018, 10:02:29 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
SCREW The Wizards....They would NEVER win a game---if They weren't allowed to hold on every single play---Gortat the king of it, and Morris too---Saw all the no calls...On the missed OT free throw by Theis--Gortat practically ripped Horford's jersey off.

Was at the game, sitting with a great view of our offense for the second half.  Satoransky grabbed ahold of Kyrie every time he tried to use a back screen off ball.  It was absurd.  Even the Wizards fan next to me started chuckling at some of the no calls (until the foul on the three-point attempt at the end of the regulation — he didn’t find that funny at all!)

He would lock his arm around Kyrie's every time he was blown by and Kyrie went to the rim