Author Topic: All Time Soccer Draft !!! - Rate My Team  (Read 30484 times)

Re: All Time Soccer Draft !!! - Rate My Team
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 11:59:46 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Did I said something about other players on your team? No. I was talking about that Maradona quote from 1982 you are mentioning all the time about being better than him as if it really means something. Since then, even at his best, he did nothing more than playing for small spanish ream and even those who saw him play all the time don't cpmpare him with legends like Maradona.

Pele once said that Nii Lamptey will be his heir, that Nick Barmby would be as good as Zidane, Maldini and El Phenomenon Ronaldo and names Saviola as one of 125 best players ever. I should have taken them then, if Pele said so, it must be true.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2012, 12:04:09 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Did I said something about other players on your team? No. I was talking about that Maradona quote from 1982 you are mentioning all the time about being better than him as if it really means something. Since then, even at his best, he did nothing more than playing for small spanish ream and even those who saw him play all the time don't cpmpare him with legends like Maradona.

Pele once said that Nii Lamptey will be his heir, that Nick Barmby would be as good as Zidane, Maldini and El Phenomenon Ronaldo and names Saviola as one of 125 best players ever. I should have taken them then, if Pele said so, it must be true.

well to be honest
Pele and Maradona both
knows a little more game than me
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2012, 12:07:24 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes
The fact that they were great players, doesn't mean that they are great at judging potential/coaching/predictions. Both failed at that many times over the years, especially Pele.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2012, 12:09:55 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
well thats a total true
but they certanly watched more soccer than me over the years

wonder how i will do as coach from time to time I always thinked i can be a pretty decent one.. :)

but again I will say I only miss not being able to pick Higuita because Yashin was available.
Higuita would have been the perfect fit for my team in the arc

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:28:09 AM by Edgar »

Nice to be back!

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2012, 12:26:52 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
and using well the time I will say what i think about some players in your team:

Iker Casillas,the best right now. And the reason why Real madris is still anything.I really admire him as a Madridista and i am a full barcelona fan

Giacinto Facchetti, never saw him so I cant say anything about him, hes supposed to be good attacking too but that will leave some holes right?

Alessandro Nesta, I love him but,there are better players than him for sure, hes somehow overrated because his Milan titles, and international play, well at least i can say Baresi is better ;)

Matthias Sammer, effective, very effective, still not my type of player.

Javier Zanetti, I am still a Zanetti fan. 

Lothar Matthäus (c), great player, great player.

Xavi,hes probably better than Messi,yes I said that

Zico, I think hes overrated, really

Maradona, well

Roberto Baggio, I used to love him until he started to be the man in the cup where he missed the penalty seems like that was a carrer changer. ( never win anything big) thing maybe as much as i know what he did in Italy. ( i know the penalty thing is a little cliche but i really think that changed his carrer)

Ferenc Puskas, never saw him

Karl Heinz Rummenigge, pretty much the German version of Hugo Sanchez

In suma, your team is MIDFIELD all the way

I am not sure if the deffense will be able to hold because none of your midfielders play a different posesion other than maybe mathaus but even with his anoying pressure Xavi wont give you enough D on the midfield.

To be honest all, Maradona, Mathaus, Zico, Xavi and Baggio plays basically the same position with different approaches.
I am not sure if that will work

Nice to be back!

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012, 12:31:06 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
I am not sure why Iniesta wasnt picked

Nice to be back!

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 12:39:05 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

Barcelona  :o

Nice to be back!

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2012, 02:12:42 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

1 PETER SCHMEICHEL

2 GIUSEPPE BERGOMI     3 CARLES PUYOL     4 PAOLO MALDINI

6 ROY KEANE    5 DIDIER DESCHAMPS

10 MICHAEL LAUDRUP
     7 SÓCRATES OLIVEIRA 

9 DENIS LAW    11 RUUD VAN NISTELROOY     8 DAVID VILLA

Nice to be back!

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 02:18:30 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

PETER SCHMEICHEL

I had a better choice but i understand the pick

GIUSEPPE BERGOMI
CARLES PUYOL
PAOLO MALDINI
DIDIER DESCHAMPS

My only worry is that you have the best centrals and you will lack a little speed on one rail, but maldini will keep the other one covered
over all your central deffense is amazing.

]MICHAEL LAUDRUP
SÓCRATES OLIVEIRA
DENIS LAW
ROY KEANE

I am not a fan of english players so i will say I LOVE LAUDRUP with all my heart
and I think he can runa  team by himself
Socrates IS a great complimment to him the only one that can be good like him is redondo, gullit, and maybe batista

great pick there

RUUD VAN NISTELROOY
DAVID VILLA

Nice couple of contemporary goal seekers
I like Rudd over david
and probably Hugo have something over him too

Nice to be back!

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 02:20:11 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes
I don't agree with many things you said. Here's a brief overview of my team.

Casillas - will be remembered as top10 ever after riteremt I have no doubt. Already broke so many records, saved Madrid so many times.. Was lucky to get him so late.

Facchetti was great both defensively and offensively. Having both him and Zanetti as full backs is a big plus as they both can do it all on the flanks. Two legendery Inter captains.

Nesta is underrated if anything. I think you haven't seem enough. I'm a Milan fan and I saw him play countless times and he's truly on of the best CB's ever. Very intelligent, great positioning, marking, tackling, pace, leadership. Was Lazio's captain at a very young age (led them to the title) and deservingly so. If not for the injuries he would have been be remembered as even greater. Even last season, when he was way past his prime you could see how quality he was in the important games.

Matthias Sammer was an awesome atacking libero, only second to Beckenbauer. His runs forward was perfectly timed, he could score, could play as a defender an entire game, sacrificed his all for the team and had few very amazing season. He was the best player in UERO 1996 by far (which Germany won) and on that Dortmund team that won Champions league. Not many defenders can say that and not many defenders won the golden ball like he did.

Matthäus - the best defensive midfielder ever, a perfect leader for my team. Could play equally well in defense too, could man mark anyone. No brainer choice.

Xavi - the best passer I've ever seen and an underrated player. Not always getting all the recognition but IMO he's the most important player in this amazing Barca team. His football IQ is amazing.

Zico One of the best midfield scorers ever with great vision, passing lethal shot, dribbling, finishing and free kicks. Was the best player in the world at his prime in early 80's. Can easily play a more advanced role.

Roberto Baggio - exceptional talented, regarded by many as the most talented Italian ever. Could do it all with the ball, very versatile. Was unlucky to miss a penalty in WC final but he was the reason why Italy was there in the first place. He carried that team and won all the important individual awards at that time and a consensus in the early 90's.

Ferenc Puskas - True scorer, scored 616 in 620 games during his career, led the legendary and revolutionary Hungarian team of the 50's (scored 84 goals in 85 games for them), only his injury prevented them winning it all in 1954. Moved to Real Madrid when he was 31 but still scored 242 goals for them and was key player in one of the best teams ever build - Real Madrid of early 60's.

Karl Heinz Rummenigge a great sub to have but I don't consider him as such since he could easily be in many teams on this draft. A very prolific scorer and finisher, won it all in europe, twice europe's best player.

And of course Maradona. We can argue who was better he or Pele forever but for me Maradonas prime (1984-91) was better than anuone else prime. A truly megical player, there is nothing he couldn't do with ball. Took the Argentinian team by himself to win the 1986 World Cup, and carried them to another final 4 years later. Took Napoli, a relatively small team then and made them the best team in Italy, the toughest european league by far back them with empires like Juve, Inter and Milan unable to do nothing.

My team is far from being just a midfield. All in all, I think I have one of the most versatile and balanced teams in this draft with many players capable of playing several roles and different schemes. I can easily play with 3 CB's adding Matthäus to Sammer and Nesta with the first two able to go forward very well (both played as mids too). Will have no problems playing a narrow style too since both fullback can close the flanks perfectly and support the attack. With Baggio and Puskas capable of playing any role in the atcack I can have a very lethal front line with Baggio, Puskas, Maradona behind Rummenigge - all can score in different ways that will be very hard to guard, especailly when supported by great passers I have. Expect them to keep possession at least 70% of the time.

When things will become tough, Maradona will be there to do his magic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk-kXwjASEE
How many players can do that? and we are talking about world cup quarter-finals.

The Immortals

Some of the formations my team can use:

The Immortals:

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2012, 02:31:41 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Casillas - will be remembered as top10 ever after riteremt I have no doubt. Already broke so many records, saved Madrid so many times.. Was lucky to get him so late.

Yes you was
two words maybe better than him, not picked only Rinat Dasaev and if people like tastes Higuita and Paff

Facchetti was great both defensively and offensively. Having both him and Zanetti as full backs is a big plus as they both can do it all on the flanks. Two legendery Inter captains.

Dont they play the same flank?

Nesta is underrated if anything. I think you haven't seem enough. I'm a Milan fan and I saw him play countless times and he's truly on of the best CB's ever. Very intelligent, great positioning, marking, tackling, pace, leadership. Was Lazio's captain at a very young age (led them to the title) and deservingly so. If not for the injuries he would have been be remembered as even greater. Even last season, when he was way past his prime you could see how quality he was in the important games.

Still Italy is known for their deffenders

p.s. You make a great choice choosing them over english deffenders

Matthias Sammer was an awesome atacking libero, only second to Beckenbauer. His runs forward was perfectly timed, he could score, could play as a defender an entire game, sacrificed his all for the team and had few very amazing season. He was the best player in UERO 1996 by far (which Germany won) and on that Dortmund team that won Champions league. Not many defenders can say that and not many defenders won the golden ball like he did.

Again Sammer is effective.

Matthäus - the best defensive midfielder ever, a perfect leader for my team. Could play equally well in defense too, could man mark anyone. No brainer choice.

So? who is the Leader Maradona or him, or Xavi, or Zico

Xavi - the best passer I've ever seen and an underrated player. Not always getting all the recognition but IMO he's the most important player in this amazing Barca team. His football IQ is amazing.

Xavi isnt underrated come on, Xavi is not Cristianos Nightmare just because Messi exist

Zico One of the best midfield scorers ever with great vision, passing lethal shot, dribbling, finishing and free kicks. Was the best player in the world at his prime in early 80's. Can easily play a more advanced role.

Arthur Antunes Coimbra
yes
Magico goes to Cadiz
Zico goes to Udine

Roberto Baggio - exceptional talented, regarded by many as the most talented Italian ever. Could do it all with the ball, very versatile. Was unlucky to miss a penalty in WC final but he was the reason why Italy was there in the first place. He carried that team and won all the important individual awards at that time and a consensus in the early 90's.

Aja I said i loved him b4 world cup

Ferenc Puskas - True scorer, scored 616 in 620 games during his career, led the legendary and revolutionary Hungarian team of the 50's (scored 84 goals in 85 games for them), only his injury prevented them winning it all in 1954. Moved to Real Madrid when he was 31 but still scored 242 goals for them and was key player in one of the best teams ever build - Real Madrid of early 60's.

I just said I never saw puskas play

Karl Heinz Rummenigge a great sub to have but I don't consider him as such since he could easily be in many teams on this draft. A very prolific scorer and finisher, won it all in europe, twice europe's best player.

KHR i saw him like an old opportunist wonder how it had been to see him like a younger opportunist
like Hugo

And of course Maradona. We can argue who was better he or Pele forever but for me Maradonas prime (1984-91) was better than anuone else prime. A truly megical player, there is nothing he couldn't do with ball. Took the Argentinian team by himself to win the 1986 World Cup, and carried them to another final 4 years later. Took Napoli, a relatively small team then and made them the best team in Italy, the toughest european league by far back them with empires like Juve, Inter and Milan unable to do nothing.

My team is far from being just a midfield. All in all, I think I have one of the most versatile and balanced teams in this draft with many players capable of playing several roles and different schemes. I can easily play with 3 CB's adding Matthäus to Sammer and Nesta with the first two able to go forward very well (both played as mids too). Will have no problems playing a narrow style too since both fullback can close the flanks perfectly and support the attack. With Baggio and Puskas capable of playing any role in the atcack I can have a very lethal front line with Baggio, Puskas, Maradona behind Rummenigge - all can score in different ways that will be very hard to guard, especailly when supported by great passers I have. Expect them to keep possession at least 70% of the time.

How many players can do that? and we are talking about world cup quarter-finals.

The Immortals

[/quote]

So youre playing Barca against me playing Barca
:D
poor casillas

Nice to be back!

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2012, 02:41:47 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

Yes you was
two words maybe better than him, not picked only Rinat Dasaev and if people like tastes Higuita and Paff

Again Sammer is effective.

Xavi isnt underrated come on, Xavi is not Cristianos Nightmare just because Messi exist

Arthur Antunes Coimbra
yes
Magico goes to Cadiz
Zico goes to Udine

I just said I never saw puskas play

KHR i saw him like an old opportunist wonder how it had been to see him like a younger opportunist
like Hugo

The Immortals

So youre playing Barca against me playing Barca
:D
poor casillas
[/quote]

p.s. before any missunderstanding I am not saying youre saying anything about your players against my payers or i am not saying anything against you its just an oppinion on the oppinion about the players

Nice to be back!

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 02:49:23 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7HFq1gKeUU

and to be honest Maradona and Magico have nothing to envy to Peles goals just like Puskas is a player on his own league by then just like Hugo, tough sport in an all time after all.......................... :D

Nice to be back!

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2012, 02:49:26 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes
Of course not. Facchetti was a left back, Zanetti is a right back.

I know and I love Italian defenders (and Italian football in general) very much. Nesta stands right there with the best of them, no doubt. He's the last of great Italian defenders, you won't find great ones there at the moment.

Germans defenders are great as well by the way.

Well yes, since we taking thier primes and Baggio was a beast at his prime.

Matthäus is the captain and the leader of my team. He's a perfect choice for that role as he links between the defense and offense. He's the engine, Xavi is the brains, Maradona is the magic and creative force, Puskas is the executor.

Some don't rate him as highly because he's not as flashy as Messi or Ronald , he should also have won best player of the world and Golden ball by now. Some don't understand how special he's.

The Immortals:

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2012, 02:50:47 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

p.s. to this one Saviola was better than his carrer at barcelona.

Nice to be back!