Author Topic: Summer 2018 verified moves  (Read 82415 times)

Re: Summer 2018 verified moves
« Reply #390 on: July 14, 2018, 03:12:43 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
Free agent Channing Frye has agreed to a one-year, $2.4M deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers, league sources tell Yahoo.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1018185390619013120?s=21
Lol, Donald. The guy who publicly asked the Russians to hack Hillary's email and publish them is blaming this on Deep State and the victim of the hacks he publicly asked for.

Wrong topic?

Charania's tweets are coded messages to Russian military intelligence. That’s why they don’t make sense half the time. 🙀
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #391 on: July 14, 2018, 03:18:36 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Free agent Channing Frye has agreed to a one-year, $2.4M deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers, league sources tell Yahoo.

Lol, Donald. The guy who publicly asked the Russians to hack Hillary's email and publish them is blaming this on Deep State and the victim of the hacks he publicly asked for.

Can we keep Donald Trump to one thread please? :D

« Reply #392 on: July 14, 2018, 04:10:30 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Free agent guard Shabazz Napier has agreed to a two-year deal with the Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell ESPN. Napier, 27, had his best pro season with the Blazers last year.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1018221109919997952?s=21

« Reply #393 on: July 14, 2018, 04:14:50 PM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
nets putting together a nice little off season of collecting little assets and maintaining long term flexibility.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #394 on: July 14, 2018, 04:17:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Ooops....sorry people.

« Reply #395 on: July 14, 2018, 04:22:26 PM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

I actually would've liked him on our team. Solid locker room guy that can be used situationally, definitely not a rotation guy, to spread the floor as a stretch big. I think he could've been successful under Stevens.

Can someone explain to me just what the Cavs are doing? Apparently they are going to try to make the playoffs this year?

« Reply #396 on: July 14, 2018, 04:26:03 PM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

I actually would've liked him on our team. Solid locker room guy that can be used situationally, definitely not a rotation guy, to spread the floor as a stretch big. I think he could've been successful under Stevens.

Can someone explain to me just what the Cavs are doing? Apparently they are going to try to make the playoffs this year?

Not even just with this move, but more so the lack of movement on their roster.

« Reply #397 on: July 14, 2018, 04:49:31 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Not even just with this move, but more so the lack of movement on their roster.

I think the rebuild started last year. They essentially got Clarkson, Hood, Nance, and Sexton as their new core. They are waiting out the market to resign Hood to a good deal. They will likely get a good extension on Nance.

Signing Frye opens the court for their young guys. In a pick-and-roll with Sexton, Sexton can get more comfortable attacking as a scorer.

They also may be waiting on the right offer for Love, but in the meantime, I think a player like Love actually might help the development of their other guys.

« Reply #398 on: July 14, 2018, 06:50:20 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

they have too many high prices veterans that they can't trade so they were never going to be able to bottom out and with thwir really only being 7 good teams in the East i think they figure might as well go for the playoffs this year and then just tank next summer when they can out of most of the old guys.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #399 on: July 14, 2018, 07:27:36 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

they have too many high prices veterans that they can't trade so they were never going to be able to bottom out and with thwir really only being 7 good teams in the East i think they figure might as well go for the playoffs this year and then just tank next summer when they can out of most of the old guys.
How does a team ‘tank’ in the summer?   ;D

« Reply #400 on: July 14, 2018, 07:43:36 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

They trade their vets for picks / rookie scale contracts. They fill out their roster with rookies / promising young players / G-Leaguers. They don't sign vets on the minimum, e.g. Frye.

« Reply #401 on: July 14, 2018, 08:03:23 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

They trade their vets for picks / rookie scale contracts. They fill out their roster with rookies / promising young players / G-Leaguers. They don't sign vets on the minimum, e.g. Frye.
I call that “blowing it up”.

« Reply #402 on: July 14, 2018, 08:34:54 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

intentionally lose SL games

« Reply #403 on: July 14, 2018, 08:36:28 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
been away for some time, apologies if this has already been posted

(edit: I now see Roy had started a separate thread on this)

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1018164740164472834
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:54:05 PM by greece666 »

« Reply #404 on: July 14, 2018, 08:49:37 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

They may go for it, but I don't think they'll get anywhere near the playoffs...

Aren't they the Lakers of last year minus Ingram and Ball, plus Love and Sexton?  If Sexton looks like a future star maybe.  Otherwise I think they're headed for top 7 worst and a nice lottery pick...without even trying to tank...