Author Topic: celtics trade ideas for the offseason.  (Read 4714 times)

celtics trade ideas for the offseason.
« on: May 11, 2015, 07:16:11 PM »

Offline Mittens1029

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
First we trade for Ty lawson. Trade Isaiah Thomas and dallas pick.                               

Then we trade for demarcus cousins.   We trade avery bradley, jared sullinger, even turner, and a brooklyn pick, and our 2015 1st #28 and #33.
                                     OR
Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Ty Lawson, the Dallas pick, brooklyn pick and our 2016 1st.

Then trade kelly olynyk and pick #16 to pistons for #8. We draft Stanley Johnson and Jordan Mickey with #45

Then in free agency we sign jimmy butler to a max contract. Also resign bass and crowder and jerebko.   

We would have a starting line-up of
Lawson/Mickey/Pressey
Smart/Johnson/Young
Butler/Crowder/Wallace
Bass/Jerebko
Cousins/Zeller
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:20:35 PM by Mittens1029 »

Re: celtics trade ideas for the offseason.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 07:36:27 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1781
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I guess this shows the potential of how we can be awesome.

The Cousins trade probably needs to include Smart over Turner (and maybe another first), and to get another max contract, we would likely need to clear Wallace's salary with a future pick to a team with cap space, but I suppose it is all possible...just not plausible.

Let's hope for some fireworks!!

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 07:53:26 PM »

Offline Mittens1029

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
Thanks for the comment man :D

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 07:57:53 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I like the premise of your plan.  trade whatever it takes to DMC, then sign an all star wing.  hopefully it works.  that said, if we get Cousins, then it very likely mean we are routing them Lawson-- a well known Karl binky.  would be well worth it, imho.  DMC would destroy the eastern conference.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 08:02:51 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
IMO
slight overpay on Lawson
Huge underpay on Cousins
Butler is going nowhere.

Take the Dallas first out of the Lawson deal, replace it with 28. Put Dallas and the rest of the Brookyn picks in Cousins deal.

Im good on the KO trade

replace Butler with Middleton or Monroe

Much more realistic now

Lawson Pressey?
Smart Young
Crowder Johnson
Monroe Jereblo
Cousins Zeller

Also much less impressive. I didnt look at the cap for any of this but it looks like it would work.

A future lineup of Lawson, Smart, Johnson, Monroe, Cousins with Crowder, Zeller, Young, Jerebko being the backbone of your bench isnt half bad.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:09:01 PM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 08:20:05 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I don't get why guys are so in love with quick rebuilds
We would compete longer if we drafted our own talent  despite the no guarantee of competing 

The buils match anything butler is offered
He is playing like their best player right now

Also Pistons would not trade 8 for 16 and olynyk
From reports, van Gundy likes Johnson himself and would take him at 8 if available

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 08:44:11 PM »

Offline oldutican

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Another cockeyed optimist.

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 09:39:32 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Does anyone know if we could potentially get 3 'max' level players via trade and free agency?

ie:

-get L Aldridge ($16 million) via trade (send out Wallace $10 million+ Bradley $8 million +Sullinger+picks)

-sign D Jordan as free agent ($20.1 million)

-sign and trade with Milwaukee to bring Khris Middleton here so his salary doesn't take us into the luxury tax? (send IT $7 million+Turner $3.3 million+ resigned Bass at $5 million)

Does something like the above have a *possibility* of working even if highly unlikely?

Saltlover?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 09:45:27 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't get why guys are so in love with quick rebuilds
We would compete longer if we drafted our own talent  despite the no guarantee of competing 

The buils match anything butler is offered
He is playing like their best player right now

Also Pistons would not trade 8 for 16 and olynyk
From reports, van Gundy likes Johnson himself and would take him at 8 if available

Because some of us want to see our team to be good and not suck the big one!

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 09:48:04 PM »

Offline celticsfanfromph

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
IMO We should get Kevin Love instead of Monroe (though i don't like him, he's better floor spacer for the CBS system, has interest playing for Cs despite with KO incident). Monroe wants to play at Center and probably will sign to Knicks based on the rumors I read.

Wing scorer. Option 1. Trade E.Turner + Sully/Olynyk + Picks for Nicolas Batum or Tyreke Evans (ah, pipe dream). Both are scorers, secondary ball handlers and average defenders, also pairing them for Marcus Smart while he's developing to operate the point. Option 2. Danny should pursue Tobias Harris to sign here. He's an above average scorer but liability on defense, can develop.

Rim protector. Trade Wallace + Zeller (w/ or w/o pick) for Roy Hibbert (again, i don't like him too but we can't be choosy for now. Rumors that Pacers wants to part ways with Hibbert).

Finding talent. Trade KO + #16 + #28 pick for any of #7 -#10 pick (my hope is all yours, Trader Danny)

2015-2016 Boston Celtics Starting Lineup

C -     Hibbert as rim protector/average rebounder (as we need it badly for years)
PF -   Love as floor spacer/better rebounding
SF -   Batum/Evans/Harris as slasher/floor spacer/2nd ball handler (except Tobias maybe)
SG -  Bradley as lockdown defender/wing scorer development (or should i say j. shot chucker)
PG -  Smart as lockdown defender/ball handling point development/drive penetration (watch out)

As for the bench I want to keep I.Thomas, continue 3-guard rotation, develop Young at SF/SG,
either of Sully/KO (or Jerebko/Bass), and get young hidden upside talent from draft or FA.

Wish list: Sign FA Biz Biyombo for the right price. He's only 23/24 and already have 4 season under his career. Defense, rebounding, and hustle (upside maybe) are his strength while height and inside scoring are his kryptonite.

That's all and wish we'll have a fun and exciting offseason!

Sorry for bad english

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 09:54:59 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Does anyone know if we could potentially get 3 'max' level players via trade and free agency?

ie:

-get L Aldridge ($16 million) via trade (send out Wallace $10 million+ Bradley $8 million +Sullinger+picks)

-sign D Jordan as free agent ($20.1 million)

-sign and trade with Milwaukee to bring Khris Middleton here so his salary doesn't take us into the luxury tax? (send IT $7 million+Turner $3.3 million+ resigned Bass at $5 million)

Does something like the above have a *possibility* of working even if highly unlikely?

Saltlover?

That would be really tough. I just don't see anything like that happening, but who knows? Crazier things have occurred in the off-season.

I would like to go for Kevin Love in off-season, trade for Stephenson or try to lure in Middleton, bring back Paul Pierce, and try to obtain Hibbert with a pick, (s)/Wallace. Or try to do a sign and trade for Kevin Love, if Love does indeed want out, and would be willing to do a S & T of picks/KO/Sully.

You got a lineup of
Smart/FA/Pressey,
Stephenson/Young,
Pierce/Crowder
Love/ Sully or KO
Hibbert/ Zeller/FA

I think in the east, that's a pretty decent contender. Our bench would be pretty strong, and we could always try to bring in vets to help the bench.

IMO We should get Kevin Love instead of Monroe (though i don't like him, he's better floor spacer for the CBS system, has interest playing for Cs despite with KO incident). Monroe wants to play at Center and probably will sign to Knicks based on the rumors I read.

Wing scorer. Option 1. Trade E.Turner + Sully/Olynyk + Picks for Nicolas Batum or Tyreke Evans (ah, pipe dream). Both are scorers, secondary ball handlers and average defenders, also pairing them for Marcus Smart while he's developing to operate the point. Option 2. Danny should pursue Tobias Harris to sign here. He's an above average scorer but liability on defense, can develop.

Rim protector. Trade Wallace + Zeller (w/ or w/o pick) for Roy Hibbert (again, i don't like him too but we can't be choosy for now. Rumors that Pacers wants to part ways with Hibbert).

Finding talent. Trade KO + #16 + #28 pick for any of #7 -#10 pick (my hope is all yours, Trader Danny)

C -     Hibbert as rim protector/average rebounder (as we need it badly for years)
SF -   Batum/Evans/Harris as slasher/floor spacer/2nd ball handler (except Tobias maybe)
SG -  Bradley as lockdown defender/wing scorer development (or should i say j. shot chucker)
PG -  Smart as lockdown defender/ball handling point development/drive penetration (watch out)

As for the bench I want to keep I.Thomas, continue 3-guard rotation, develop Young at SF/SG,
either of Sully/KO (or Jerebko/Bass), and get young hidden upside talent from draft or FA.

Wish list: Sign FA Biz Biyombo for the right price. He's only 23/24 and already have 4 season under his career. Defense, rebounding, and hustle (upside maybe) are his strength while height and inside scoring are his kryptonite.

Sorry for bad english

Great minds think alike. Here's your first TP!
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 10:20:24 PM »

Offline celticsfanfromph

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2

Sorry for bad english

[/quote]

Yay! Thanks for the TP.

Btw I'm a long avid reader of celticsblog and recently I've decided to join conversation, give my opinions and suggestions here.

Sorry for bad english

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 10:30:48 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Sorry for bad english

Yay! Thanks for the TP.

Btw I'm a long avid reader of celticsblog and recently I've decided to join conversation, give my opinions and suggestions here.

Sorry for bad english
[/quote]

Haha, it's all good. Everyone messes up on English, and the good thing here is there aren't grammar nazis.

Welcome!
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 10:58:48 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
How about one out of left field with the Raptors

Smart, Olynyk, Wallace and James Young
for Kyle Lowry and Patrick Patterson

Have read the Raptors could look to rebuild.

Also, a trade exception and future 2nd rounder(s) to the Bucks for Jared Dudley and OJ Mayo(gives them cap space to resign Middleton)

Then, max offer to a center (Robin Lopez, D Jordan, Omer Asik, Greg Monroe, etc.)

PG-Lowry/Thomas
SG-Bradley/Mayo
SF-Dudley/Turner/Thomas
PF-Patterson/Sully
C-FA signing

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 11:04:54 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
How about one out of left field with the Raptors

Smart, Olynyk, Wallace and James Young
for Kyle Lowry and Patrick Patterson

Have read the Raptors could look to rebuild.

Also, a trade exception and future 2nd rounder(s) to the Bucks for Jared Dudley and OJ Mayo(gives them cap space to resign Middleton)

Then, max offer to a center (Robin Lopez, D Jordan, Omer Asik, Greg Monroe, etc.)

PG-Lowry/Thomas
SG-Bradley/Mayo
SF-Dudley/Turner/Thomas
PF-Patterson/Sully
C-FA signing
Dear God I hate that trade.

giving up way to much and getting way to little in the Raptors trade.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.