Author Topic: Celtics (5-10) at Bobcats (7-7) Game #16 11/25  (Read 30696 times)

Celtics (5-10) at Bobcats (7-7) Game #16 11/25
« on: November 24, 2013, 08:30:31 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
at
Boston Celtics (5-10) at Charlotte Bobcats (7-7)
Monday, November 25, 2013
7:00 PM ET
Regular Season Game #16 Road Game #10
TV: CSN-NE, SSO-CHA, NBA-LP 751(DTV)/511/751(XFinity)
Radio: 98.5 Sports Hub, WFNZ, WBZ
Time Warner Cable Arena

PG SG SF PF C
Jordan Crawford.....Avery Bradley....Jeff Green....Brandon Bass....Jared Sullinger

Celtics Reserves
MarShon Brooks
Jordan Crawford
Kris Humphries
Vitor Faverani
Phil Pressey
Courtney Lee
Phil Pressey
Keith Bogans
Gerald Wallace

Injuries

Rajon Rondo (ACL)out
Kelly Olynyk (ankle)  day to day

PG SG SF PF C
Kemba Walker....Gerald Henderson....Michael Kidd-Gilchrist....Josh McRoberts....Al Jefferson

Bobcats Reserves
Bismack Biyombo
Jeff Taylor
Cody Zeller
Ramon Sessions
Anthony Tolliver
Jeff Adrien
Ben Gordon
Jannero Pargo
James Southerland

Injuries

Brendon Haywood (foot) out

Game Notes
The Celtics complete a brutal stretch of 5 games in 5 different cities in 7 nights with a game vs the Charlotte Bobcats.  The Celtics will be happy to get a day off before hosting the Grizzlies at the Garden on Wednesday. 

The is the second of 3 meetings between these two teams.  The Bobcats won the first game 89-83 at the garden earlier in November.  Jared Sullinger missed that game with a knee injury and Kelly Olynyk was unable to contain Big Al Jefferson who scored 22 points and pulled down 11 rebounds. 

Kelly Olynyk is still listed as day to day with a sprained ankle and is expected to miss this game.  I expect Brad Stevens to go with the same starting line up as against the Hawks since they got the win.  Sully is more physical than Kelly and should be more effective in keeping Jefferson from getting inside. 

The Chat Room is rocking during the game so be sure to check it out.  Also, don't forget to listen tot he CLNS Post Game Show right after the game.  Links to both the chat and the post game show will be in the game thread on the front page on game day. 

Key Matchups

vs
Avery Bradley vs Gerald Henderson
Henderson is averaging 13.9 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game. He is capable of going off at any given time for big numbers.  Avery's defense will be needed to keep him in check.

vs
Jared Sullinger vs Al Jefferson
Big Al got his first win over his former team this season.   In the first meeting between these two teams, Al finished with 22 points, 11 rebounds and 2 blocks.  Jared didn't play in that game and Kelly wasn't physical enough to keep Al away from the basket.  Hopefully, in this game, Sully can contain Big Al and also make Al work on the defensive end as well.

Keys to the Game
Take Care of the Ball- During the Celtics win streak, they averaged  under 14 turnovers a game.  In their win over the Hawks, they turned it over 17 times.  In the losses, they have turned it over 20 or more times, especially in the second half of games.  They have to focus on their passes and be aware of the defenders at all times and take better care of the ball.

Run and Set the Pace
- The Celtics must run every time down.  They can't walk the ball up and settle for a half court game.  When they run, they get easy baskets before the defense sets up.  They have to do that on every play.

Rebound - The Celtics can't run and they can't score if they don't have the ball.  They must crash the boards as a team and put out the extra effort it takes to get the rebounds. 

Get into the Paint - The Celtics must go to the hoop and get into the paint instead of settling for long jumpers.  Good things happen when they go to the basket. 

X-Factors
Focus and Fatigue
The Celtics are bound to be tired, playing in their 5th game in 7 nights.  They have to keep their focus on getting the win.  Their focus must win out over their fatigue. 

Re: Celtics (5-10) at Bobcats (7-7) Game #16 11/25
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 08:43:11 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I really want Gerald Henderson to grow his hair back.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 08:47:46 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I really want Gerald Henderson to grow his hair back.

I said it in the earlier thread, I'll say it again.

The dude looks like Voldemort.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 08:49:26 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Love the Sullinger and Jefferson matchup. It be the key to the game IMO. While I hate to say it, Sullinger better pack a lunch. I think Big Al may be getting ready to school the young man. It will be good for him though and he will learn from it going forward.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 08:50:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
flc makes these game so much more fun with his game threads. thanks again and tp.

goooooo celtics!!
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 08:50:32 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Big Al still has those ankle problems

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 08:59:10 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
My son and I will be decked out in Celtic green right under the basket (Section 117) on Row B on the aisle, seats 1 and 2.  We are stoked!!!!  Hope to get some autographs:-)))  Is Rondo still traveling with the team?

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 09:01:52 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Love the Sullinger and Jefferson matchup. It be the key to the game IMO. While I hate to say it, Sullinger better pack a lunch. I think Big Al may be getting ready to school the young man. It will be good for him though and he will learn from it going forward.

It should be fun.  I'd love to see Sully push Big Al around a little bit down low. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 09:09:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
My son and I will be decked out in Celtic green right under the basket (Section 117) on Row B on the aisle, seats 1 and 2.  We are stoked!!!!  Hope to get some autographs:-)))  Is Rondo still traveling with the team?

Smitty77

He was with them in Atlanta so I see no reason why he'd skip out on Charlotte.

Enjoy!
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 10:02:51 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Smitty77

He was with them in Atlanta so I see no reason why he'd skip out on Charlotte.

Enjoy!

Sweet!!!  Thanks for the info D.o.s.  It would be simply amazing IF we can get RR's autograph.  Wish us luck.  We can get in 1.5 hours before tipoff, so hopefully we will have a shot at meeting a few players.

Smitty77

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 11:48:32 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
No problem! Just make sure you bring your own Sharpie.

Also, if you could pop in after the game and fill us in with anything that doesn't show up in the broadcast (bench body language, for instance) that would be super rad.

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 11:52:59 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Time for a payback... let's get a W this time
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 12:52:42 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Bold Predictions: Lucky puts Rufus on a poster, Green goes for 30+ points, Faverani finally closes out thu debut double double he has missed out on several games, JCraw makes more 3s than Gerald Henderson.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 10:02:42 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
I want us to beat charlotte like we are supposed to beat them. if the Celtics cut down on these turnovers and play "thier game", the bobcats should not have a chance.
Boston has got to learn that the 3rd and 4th quarters are the most important, don't walk the ball up the court. if we run we will win more games and NO LAZY PASSES!!!

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 10:29:11 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Don't forget to come over to the CelticsBlog chat room after the game where we will be joined by the CLNSRadio Post Game crew for further discussion and game analysis.

A link to the CLNS podcast can be found on CB home page, or call in to listen, or talk on air, (347) 215-7771.

Hope to see you there....
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!