Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 957308 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #3225 on: October 22, 2021, 07:00:59 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Did someone put real bullets in the gun by accident

« Reply #3226 on: October 22, 2021, 09:57:22 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Apparently so:

An assistant director unwittingly handed Alec Baldwin a loaded weapon and told him it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released Friday show.

“Cold gun,” the assistant director announced, according to a search warrant filed in a Santa Fe court.

Instead, the gun was loaded with live rounds, and when Baldwin pulled the trigger Thursday on the set of a Western, he killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. Director Joel Souza, who was standing behind her, was wounded, the records said.

Why are live rounds being put into a gun used for filming?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3227 on: October 23, 2021, 01:47:45 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Apparently so:

An assistant director unwittingly handed Alec Baldwin a loaded weapon and told him it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released Friday show.

“Cold gun,” the assistant director announced, according to a search warrant filed in a Santa Fe court.

Instead, the gun was loaded with live rounds, and when Baldwin pulled the trigger Thursday on the set of a Western, he killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. Director Joel Souza, who was standing behind her, was wounded, the records said.

This is insanely negligent. How does oversight like this happen in 2021?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3228 on: October 28, 2021, 10:31:08 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

Apparently so:

as more information has come out apparently they were target shooting with that gun when they weren't filming.  So many errors any of which is removed and this doesn't happen.  Feel so bad for the families of those hit, but also Baldwin as that should never happen to an actor.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3229 on: October 28, 2021, 11:16:23 PM »

Kiorrik

Apparently so:

as more information has come out apparently they were target shooting with that gun when they weren't filming.  So many errors any of which is removed and this doesn't happen.  Feel so bad for the families of those hit, but also Baldwin as that should never happen to an actor.

From the articles I've read on this;
- Armourer was hired through a solid dose of nepotism
- Armourer does their job because they "want people to feel comfortable around guns" (as opposed to "keeping people safe" as a primary concern)
- Lots of staff had raised safety concerns
- Producers ignored all the safety concerns to the point that, that very day, a heap of staff walked off the set (before the accident)

So defs a series of stupid decisions, not a single isolated one.

« Reply #3230 on: October 29, 2021, 08:31:10 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
You forget the part aiming a gun unnecessarily at another human being.  He could aimed somewhere else for the shot, that was the dumbest mistake of all and it is all on Baldwin.

« Reply #3231 on: November 09, 2021, 10:00:09 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The Harder They Fall.  It wasn’t perfect, but I’m a sucker for Westerns, and Idris Elba does “menacing villain” very well.

As an aside, though, I may be the one person in America who just doesn’t care for Jonathan Major’s acting style.  I don’t know what it is, he just rubs me the wrong way a bit.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3232 on: November 09, 2021, 10:10:47 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Finch, another Tom Hanks solo, survivor film unless you count the robots and dog as actors. I good film with Hanks doing his usual high quality acting job. But Cast Away was better.

« Reply #3233 on: November 09, 2021, 10:41:56 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Very random one but an absolutely great family movie is Mitchell vs. Machines on Netflix. It's an animation that has great humor for the when family, as in myself and my 7 years old were crying laughing. Pretty silly, fun storyline, cool action and good family theme. I would strongly recommend it whether you have a family or not.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #3234 on: November 09, 2021, 10:49:06 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Very random one but an absolutely great family movie is Mitchell vs. Machines on Netflix. It's an animation that has great humor for the when family, as in myself and my 7 years old were crying laughing. Pretty silly, fun storyline, cool action and good family theme. I would strongly recommend it whether you have a family or not.

Definitely a good one.

« Reply #3235 on: November 09, 2021, 11:20:31 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Wife and I watched Victoria and Abdul because my wife loves period pieces.  It was entertaining enough.  Solid acting. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3236 on: November 09, 2021, 03:14:10 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I watched Moneyball last night, which I'd never seen.  It was alright.  The baseball scenes were pretty well done, but there could have been less of them.

I saw streamed Dune about a week ago.  I liked it better than my wife did, but there was not a whole lot going on for a 2.5 hour film.  Fun to look at and hopefully the long setup goes somewhere in the next two.
Yup

« Reply #3237 on: November 09, 2021, 03:16:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Eternals....sucked. It's like they made a long boring 2 1/2 hour movie just to set up 2 good 1 minute after credit scenes that set up future movies.

« Reply #3238 on: November 09, 2021, 08:14:26 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 Loved Dune. “Small Town Crimes “ with John Hawkes is a movie you have to throw a lot of believability out the window but it was a good watch.

« Reply #3239 on: November 09, 2021, 08:34:37 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Dune was a spectacle to behold in an IMAX theatre. First time I've felt this strongly about seeing a movie in theatres in a long time.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum