Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 962604 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #3315 on: February 15, 2022, 05:27:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Obi-Wan-Kenobi coming out in May on Disney+. Ewan McGregor reprising his role telling the story of Obi-Wan 10 years after the Revenge of the Sith.

Can't wait for that.

Still haven't watched Boba Fett yet.

« Reply #3316 on: February 15, 2022, 05:28:08 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1448
Don't Look Up. Thought it one of the worst movies I have watched and actually sat all the way through in decades. Can't believe it got nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture.

Last film I felt that way about was Chariots of Fire. My ex-wife still makes fun of me for taking her to see that pile of crap movie 40 years later.

What did you think of Idiocracy (2006)?
Never saw it and if it's supposed to fall into the category of "Bad movie but loved by the Academy", I'm not going to go looking to watch it.

Oh I don't know about accolades. It's just gained a cult following and it's kind of in line with this movie. It's a satire about the direction we're headed in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP2tUW0HDHA

I think for context, seeing Idiocracy first, is kind of like watching the prequel.

Idiocracy was great, could watch it over and over again. Love Luke Wilson in that movie.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3317 on: February 15, 2022, 05:33:47 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1448
Don't Look Up. Thought it one of the worst movies I have watched and actually sat all the way through in decades. Can't believe it got nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture.

Last film I felt that way about was Chariots of Fire. My ex-wife still makes fun of me for taking her to see that pile of crap movie 40 years later.

Lol. Not going to lie, It was hard to get through for me as well. But so was the Last Duel. Movies just aren’t very good anymore. Thank god for HBO.

Speaking of, the Peacemaker series is pretty entertaining.

That’s good to hear. I’m not a huge fan of Cena, but he was decent playing Peacemaker in the latest Suicide Squad movie, so I’ve added it to my queue. New LOTR series is coming out later this year on Prime. Has taken years for them to make and I’m pretty worried that they are going to ruin it like they did with The Wheel of Time series.  :-\
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3318 on: February 15, 2022, 05:34:23 PM »

Kiorrik

What did you think of Idiocracy (2006)?
Never saw it and if it's supposed to fall into the category of "Bad movie but loved by the Academy", I'm not going to go looking to watch it.

Oh I don't know about accolades. It's just gained a cult following and it's kind of in line with this movie. It's a satire about the direction we're headed in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP2tUW0HDHA

I think for context, seeing Idiocracy first, is kind of like watching the prequel.

Idiocracy was great, could watch it over and over again. Love Luke Wilson in that movie.

The Youtube link there has what I think is by far the best part of the movie :')

The rest is fun, but only if you let it be. Rewatching it now is a bit ... on the nose

I'd like to think "Don't look up" will form a similar cult following of people who enjoy how spot-on it "was"

« Reply #3319 on: February 15, 2022, 07:11:41 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Obi-Wan-Kenobi coming out in May on Disney+. Ewan McGregor reprising his role telling the story of Obi-Wan 10 years after the Revenge of the Sith.

Can't wait for that.

Still haven't watched Boba Fett yet.

Star Wars nerd here that hated sequels. Liked Mando. Boba is a lazy effort.

« Reply #3320 on: February 15, 2022, 07:15:37 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  I really dislike what has come with DC outside the asunder movies. I do believe he was most responsible got the original WW. Shazam, Aquaman, WW84, the new SS.. all too campy got me.
   But what’s worse is WB wouldn’t even promote the real Justice League movie. That’s disgusting considering what happened.
  But they won’t be able to hide good results forever. Snyderverse will certainly be back, despite what the paid media shills say .

« Reply #3321 on: February 15, 2022, 07:24:33 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1553

Lol. Not going to lie, It was hard to get through for me as well. But so was the Last Duel. Movies just aren’t very good anymore. Thank god for HBO.

That’s good to hear. I’m not a huge fan of Cena, but he was decent playing Peacemaker in the latest Suicide Squad movie, so I’ve added it to my queue. New LOTR series is coming out later this year on Prime. Has taken years for them to make and I’m pretty worried that they are going to ruin it like they did with The Wheel of Time series.  :-\
Peacemaker is awesome as a show.  The Vigilante character is one of the best characters in anything I've seen in years.  He is just so awesome in every way.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3322 on: February 15, 2022, 07:31:54 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
The Dry- I loved it. It shows you why everyone thought Eric Bana could be a big star

Old Henry- If you like westerns, I'd recommend.

Power of the Dog- beautiful cinematography but the movie is really slow and IMO...not very good
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #3323 on: February 15, 2022, 07:39:06 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
  I really dislike what has come with DC outside the asunder movies. I do believe he was most responsible got the original WW. Shazam, Aquaman, WW84, the new SS.. all too campy got me.
   But what’s worse is WB wouldn’t even promote the real Justice League movie. That’s disgusting considering what happened.
  But they won’t be able to hide good results forever. Snyderverse will certainly be back, despite what the paid media shills say .

If the New DC Flash Movie has anything to do with...

Is will be CRAZY!!

I love Dc Story telling and animation. To me the Anime is better than most Marvel Movies.

« Reply #3324 on: February 15, 2022, 07:40:08 PM »

Kiorrik

Tbh, Snyder cut was awesome. Like, really heaps, heaps better. Loved it.

« Reply #3325 on: February 15, 2022, 08:03:05 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

I agree
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #3326 on: February 15, 2022, 09:03:28 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Pig (with Nic Cage).  It was amazing but the less you know going in the better

« Reply #3327 on: February 19, 2022, 07:51:50 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Tripped me Out.....

« Reply #3328 on: February 19, 2022, 09:20:45 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup

Peacemaker is awesome as a show.  The Vigilante character is one of the best characters in anything I've seen in years.  He is just so awesome in every way.

Yeh.  I’ve had many legit LOL’s watching Peacemaker.  Good stuff.
Yup

« Reply #3329 on: February 19, 2022, 09:47:22 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 555
Snyder cut was excruciatingly long with plenty of scenes that deserved to be on the cutting floor. 
Found it to be a real slog to get through it all.