Author Topic: Success: Lost 20 lbs. In 3.5 Weeks  (Read 6374 times)

Re: Success: Lost 20 lbs. In 3.5 Weeks
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 12:20:41 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Truck Lewis: As for eating right, I just stopped eating like an idiot: Pizza, fried chicken, french fries, Spaghettios, ice cream, Mac & Cheese, chips, a bunch of American cheese... all that junk. I'm not saying that I'll never eat those things again, just not very often.

I've substituted all of those bad, fatty foods with apples, carrots, peaches, pineapples, bananas, light yogurt, etc. As for the base of my meals, I have been eating a lot of Thin N' Trim chicken and turkey breast (sliced from the deli). Some tomato soup here and there. Cereal for breakfast every once in a while. Instead of having two pieces of bread for a sandwich, I'll have one.

What do I drink? Absolutely nothing but water and iced tea (with Splenda). The only other thing I have had in the last 3.5 weeks is beer, and I only had one, so it hardly counts.

I have also been closely paying attention to the nutrition facts on everything I eat.

I've cut down my late-night eating severely, and if I do find my stomach rumbling at midnight or later, I'll have some baby carrots or whatnot with a bottle of water.

I have also found that gum and water cures a lot of the "I'm not really hungry but I want to eat something because I'm bored" urges.

Exercise: for the first two weeks I jogged a mile like every other day. Then I started adding in push-ups and crunches every now and then. And of course, being a basketball addict like myself, I have played lots of basketball. If I wasn't involved in a competitive pickup game, I've done drills from my old AAU coach that keep me working (as opposed to just casually shooting around by myself).

I might even add light weight lifting some time soon, but I've got to learn a little more about it before I jump into it.

In all honesty, it's not that hard. Not as hard as it sounds, anyway. Even if you're active for 15-30 minutes a day, it's going to make a difference.

Congrats CB!

I've started a new program that I've found really useful. Its a payment/reward program, as in doing things like working out 30 mins a day is a payment type thing, and if I earn enough points I go out and get ****ed with my friends.

Sounds primitive, right? it is. I made it up. It works. For now. Yes.

9 pounds in 2 weeks and my endurance is growing expodentially. I think I'm gonna try and catch on with a rugby team this weekend for a game. Feelin good, feelin good.

One thing I found makes my eating 10x better: Bring 2 pieces of fruit with you to work, one in the morning around 11, one in the afternoon around 3..keeps energy up and snacking down.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 12:22:05 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Must be a contract year.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 12:23:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Must be a contract year.

Ba-Zing!

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 12:30:33 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
Congrats on taking your before and after pictures from basically the exact same angle in the exact same room.  That is an accomplishment in itself.  Congrats on the weight loss as well...

Ha, that was an honest coincidence. I actually took the "before" picture well before I even decided to lose weight.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 01:01:20 PM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40

this isn't the place for cocky chubby kids

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 02:01:55 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
way to go man, TP! i broke my ankle sliding into second base back in May, and had to have ligaments reattatched and a plate and 9 screws put in, so I've been forced into inactivity, and I'm feeling it and beginning to look it as well. The end of August I should be getting back to my old self.

Anyways, I say all that to say this: the plan that you've implemented is almost identical to the one I plan on implementing as well. I'm already implementing the healthy diet part, and I can't wait to begin the excercise routine in the fall (daily bike ride, gym, and of course, basketball ;D). Good to hear (and see) that what I'm gonna be doing this fall actually works!

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 01:05:37 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
I'm still at it, 10 more lbs. down. Went from 203 to 173.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 01:06:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I'm still at it, 10 more lbs. down. Went from 203 to 173.

That is awesone.

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 01:54:05 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Keep at it!
Celtics fan for life.