Author Topic: Planted story on Kyrie Irving's future  (Read 3713 times)

Re: Planted story on Kyrie Irving's future
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 02:16:11 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
But Kyrie's interest in New York has been well documented for quite some time, before he was even traded to the Celtics because he grew up in New Jersey

I don't see what Rich Paul has to do with it.

AD won't join the Celts if Kyrie is not a Celtic.

If there is doubt on Kyrie's future, it might force the Pels to not wait for the Celtics after the season.
According to the article, Rich Paul was forcing the Pels to trade AD to the Lakers.
Rich Paul knows the Celts have and will have the best offer.
Only way to discourage the Pels from dealing with the Celts was to cast doubt on Kyrie's future.
If the Celts lose Kyrie after the season then there's no way the Celts will trade for AD.

I think if Ainge knew Kyrie was leaving after the season, he would have traded Kyrie at the trade deadline.

By not trading Kyrie at the trade deadline, that means the Celts are confident Kyrie will remain in Boston for many years to come.

I don't see how an agent can dictate where a player ends up. It should be the other way around. If Anthony Davis tells Rich Paul , "I want to go to Boston" then it's in Rich Paul's best interest to keep his client happy and try to orchestrate a trade to the Celtics. Then, it's ultimately up to the team where they want to trade their disgruntled player.

The agent works for the client, not the other way around. Then, ultimately it's up to the team where the player ends up (or if they even trade him at all.)

I don't doubt agents try to undermine teams to keep their player happy. But to sit here and say that Rich Paul is responsible for all these rumors of Kyrie wanting to go to New York and Anthony Davis not wanting to go to Boston just doesn't make any sense.

Also, like others have said, Kyrie could've squashed this nonsense by saying "I don't know where you guys are getting this info, but I am STAYING in Boston." But....he didn't. I don't see how this has anything to do with Rich Paul.

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 02:19:15 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
But Kyrie's interest in New York has been well documented for quite some time, before he was even traded to the Celtics because he grew up in New Jersey

I'm not sure he could be more clear. He wants to retire a Celtic. He's made commercials about it. He wants his number in the rafter with his and his dad's name on it. He wants to lead the Cs to championships.

His "ask me in the summer" was not about changing his mind. It was about the disgust that he keeps getting asked these questions, and the rumors keep swirling, even though he has made his intentions as clear as possible.

We'll see this summer.

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2019, 02:28:20 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I'm not sure he could be more clear. He wants to retire a Celtic. He's made commercials about it. He wants his number in the rafter with his and his dad's name on it. He wants to lead the Cs to championships.

His "ask me in the summer" was not about changing his mind. It was about the disgust that he keeps getting asked these questions, and the rumors keep swirling, even though he has made his intentions as clear as possible.
Well, he could have been more clear when asked about it during that time.  I tend to agree with Ainge's assessment of the July 1 statement (which was actually my initial read as well) but yes, Kyrie could have been at least a little more clear.

Exactly. In the end, I believe Ainge over Jalen Rose regarding whether Irving stays or goes.

However, it is ultimately the player's decision.

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2019, 03:03:22 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I hope Lebron misses the playoffs

What a loser

I agree about the loser part.

But not the other if him making means the Kings don't.

May the Cs basketball gods forgive me, but I would root for LeToxic  and LeFakers if it means the kings are in the lottery.

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2019, 03:57:03 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Clearly shows how desperate LeBum and his minion Rich Paul are...they know we're holding a straight flush and they're only holding two pair.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2019, 04:05:05 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

AD won't join the Celts if Kyrie is not a Celtic.

If there is doubt on Kyrie's future, it might force the Pels to not wait for the Celtics after the season.
According to the article, Rich Paul was forcing the Pels to trade AD to the Lakers.
Rich Paul knows the Celts have and will have the best offer.
Only way to discourage the Pels from dealing with the Celts was to cast doubt on Kyrie's future.
If the Celts lose Kyrie after the season then there's no way the Celts will trade for AD.

I think if Ainge knew Kyrie was leaving after the season, he would have traded Kyrie at the trade deadline.

By not trading Kyrie at the trade deadline, that means the Celts are confident Kyrie will remain in Boston for many years to come.

I don't see how an agent can dictate where a player ends up. It should be the other way around. If Anthony Davis tells Rich Paul , "I want to go to Boston" then it's in Rich Paul's best interest to keep his client happy and try to orchestrate a trade to the Celtics. Then, it's ultimately up to the team where they want to trade their disgruntled player.

The agent works for the client, not the other way around. Then, ultimately it's up to the team where the player ends up (or if they even trade him at all.)

I don't doubt agents try to undermine teams to keep their player happy. But to sit here and say that Rich Paul is responsible for all these rumors of Kyrie wanting to go to New York and Anthony Davis not wanting to go to Boston just doesn't make any sense.

Also, like others have said, Kyrie could've squashed this nonsense by saying "I don't know where you guys are getting this info, but I am STAYING in Boston." But....he didn't. I don't see how this has anything to do with Rich Paul.

Kyrie and Ainge have conversations of this matter and his future nearly everyday but obviously nothing will come out in the media since they are not obliged to.

Wouldn't it be easier for Kyrie to go to Ainge's office tell him frankly that danny, Ive had a long think about it and ive decided i'll explore FA in the summer, id give you time to prepare and freedom before the trade deadline to trade me if you want, but id prefer to be traded to the KNicks. If you don't trade me thats fine but im just stating my position and will still play till the end of the season and lead this team in the playoffs.

Why is this scenario possible?..because its exactly what Kyrie did prior to his trade to Boston...he approached the Cavs FO and wanted a trade without even leaking it to the media.

So I still believe in what Danny stated. Lets all just wait til July 1st shall we.

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2019, 04:07:47 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Where? I'm not talking about the "sources say" crap. Since getting traded to Boston, I've never seen anything that came from Irving himself even hinting he had interest in signing with the Knicks.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2019, 04:18:57 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

Where? I'm not talking about the "sources say" crap. Since getting traded to Boston, I've never seen anything that came from Irving himself even hinting he had interest in signing with the Knicks.

Even more interesting, the speculation about Kyrie not re-signing here swelled up significantly as soon as AD requested a trade. Before that we were all chilling thinking yes he verbally committed to us at the start of the year. There's some noise about him unhappy with how the season has gone but nothing significant that says "I don't wanna be here". In fact everything he's done has suggested that he is prepared to stick it out.

Then AD requests a trade, then news leaks out he's not prepared to re-sign with the Celtics and before you know it Kyrie's commitment to us is questioned and fans/media need constant affirmation - "Kyrie I know you told us you loved us and were getting married to us but this great friend of yours is getting divorced and now we're insecure, so can you tell us again that you really mean it?". No wonder he was p---ed when he was finally interviewed about it.

I don't know for sure if LeBum and his minion Rich Paul were behind it all. But the timing of everything is enough to make you go hmmmmmmmm.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2019, 06:32:24 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I just remember before he was traded from Cleveland, that the Knicks were on his wish list of teams he'd like to be traded to and then remember hearing that appealed to him because he's from New Jersey.
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-wizards/kyrie-irving-demands-trade-out-cleveland-and-has-narrowed-his-list-where-go

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2019, 06:51:18 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

I just remember before he was traded from Cleveland, that the Knicks were on his wish list of teams he'd like to be traded to and then remember hearing that appealed to him because he's from New Jersey.
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-wizards/kyrie-irving-demands-trade-out-cleveland-and-has-narrowed-his-list-where-go

Irving's supposed list is dubious to begin with. From Jackie Mac's piece on Irving last year:

Irving and his agent, Jeff Wechsler, sat down with Gilbert on July 9 in The Vault at Quicken Loans Arena. In the meeting, they pressed Gilbert, sources say, about the future of James. Gilbert, in turn, asked Irving for desired trade destinations, and Wechsler rattled off San Antonio, New York and Minnesota.

And since getting to Boston, Irving has said over and over again he's planning on a future in Boston. I've yet to see anything come from him implying anything different.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2019, 09:10:24 AM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
Lebron is on verge of falling apart, and he may be in same boat next year. Another year older and he will fade. Then who will want to play with him.

Karma baby

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2019, 09:12:29 AM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
Its no wonder the shady Lakers are pulling all stops to get what they want. They pulled that same crap when they got Paul Gasol gifted to them from Jerry West.

Karma for the Lakers.

Endorsements don't matter. Super max contracts do. Rich Paul is not serving the best interests of Anthony Davis.

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2019, 10:25:37 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Just read that Kyrie was most upset about rumor that he would not reup with Boston if they didn’t get Davis. I think in today’s Globe.

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2019, 10:32:01 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Well, he could have been more clear when asked about it during that time.  I tend to agree with Ainge's assessment of the July 1 statement (which was actually my initial read as well) but yes, Kyrie could have been at least a little more clear.
Kyrie is a troll.  Always has been, but some time that trolling causes more nonsense when he should just be straight up.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2019, 10:43:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Kyrie is a troll. 

So are the NYC and LA media and ESPN....