Author Topic: Clicking on topics in Latest Discussion no longer brings me to latest post  (Read 13545 times)

Re: Clicking on topics in Latest Discussion no longer brings me to latest post
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2020, 09:18:05 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Hey guys, I will check on the navigation issue, that is definitely not intentional.

Regarding the Twitter button and video ads- can you do me a favor and let me know what browser you are using and ideally send me a screenshot? They should not be obscuring any content. The video should also not reopen from merely scrolling.
I'm using Safari.  don't have an app to show a screenshot unfortunately
No problem, I think I see the issue. It depends on the browser width. The video is 400px wide and the right column is 30% of the screen... so if your screen is under 1300 pixels wide there is some overlap.

I tried hacking it to be more responsive now, I don't have a ton of control of the ad unit but see if it's better for you now.
if I blow the window up to almost full screen, the ad doesn't cover into the posts in the thread but does make it very inconvenient when I have more than just the blog up

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2020, 09:29:47 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Hey guys, I will check on the navigation issue, that is definitely not intentional.

Regarding the Twitter button and video ads- can you do me a favor and let me know what browser you are using and ideally send me a screenshot? They should not be obscuring any content. The video should also not reopen from merely scrolling.
No problem, I think I see the issue. It depends on the browser width. The video is 400px wide and the right column is 30% of the screen... so if your screen is under 1300 pixels wide there is some overlap.

I tried hacking it to be more responsive now, I don't have a ton of control of the ad unit but see if it's better for you now.
if I blow the window up to almost full screen, the ad doesn't cover into the posts in the thread but does make it very inconvenient when I have more than just the blog up

Gotcha. Don't like tabs? Not being snarky, just curious about people's use patterns vs my own to keep in mind.

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2020, 10:19:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Gotcha. Don't like tabs? Not being snarky, just curious about people's use patterns vs my own to keep in mind.
yeah, not a tab guy (unless at a bar ;). )