Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Game Threads / Re: Heat (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game #2 4/24/24
« Last post by SparzWizard on Yesterday at 11:07:55 PM »

ouch.

and this about sums it up:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6Ko2bRMtyf/?igsh=MTk4ZWwzdzZnNnFjNQ%3D%3D

Well deserved for this squad after tonight's showing. Jaylen has the tendency to run his mouth a lot. Remember that game against the Warriors? Did that "too small" gesture to Curry in the first half, and then Curry lit him and the C's up in the second half. Guy needs to zip it and put up.
« Last post by SparzWizard on Yesterday at 11:06:07 PM »
My biggest concern is Boston plays so poorly at home in the playoffs. It’s just crazy.

Also in 2008, the Atlanta Hawks an eight seed pulled the highly respected and favored Celtics into a seven game series. In the end that seven game series as well as the one with Cleveland served that Boston team well.

Don’t give up the ship. Game three will tell a lot about this team.

Interesting point, but that Celtics team blew Atlanta out in their home games that series. It was in Atlanta against a hyped-up Hawk team in a hostile environment that they struggled, though those road losses were very close games. The '08 team didn't come out flat and lethargic at home and their leader, Garnett, never looked intimidated or shaken by the moment. That group had never been through a tough playoff series together and they became better as the playoffs progressed. This current '24 group has plenty of playoff experience, individually and together.

If Garnett was on this current team, he'll chew them out and make players cry in the locker room. Can't let these lapses happen multiple times.
Celtics Talk / Re: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread
« Last post by 0003323344 on Yesterday at 11:02:40 PM »
I thought the series would go at least 5 games but I didn't think the Celtics would lose game 2 at home after losing only 4 games in the regular season. The Celtics didn't have any urgency in this game but they better pick it up with the next 2 in Miami. Before they know it they could be in a deep hole.

But really this team doesn't surprise me anymore. They don't know how to put teams away and their coach is in over his head.
« Last post by tenn_smoothie on Yesterday at 11:01:34 PM »
My biggest concern is Boston plays so poorly at home in the playoffs. It’s just crazy.

Also in 2008, the Atlanta Hawks an eight seed pulled the highly respected and favored Celtics into a seven game series. In the end that seven game series as well as the one with Cleveland served that Boston team well.

Don’t give up the ship. Game three will tell a lot about this team.

Interesting point, but that Celtics team blew Atlanta out in their home games that series. It was in Atlanta against a hyped-up Hawk team in a hostile environment that they struggled, though those road losses were very close games. The '08 team didn't come out flat and lethargic at home and their leader, Garnett, never looked intimidated or shaken by the moment.

That 2008 team was not as good on the road in the playoffs as this group is. Say what you will but the core of these guys usually win multiple road games in a series. I expect they win Saturday.

Not quite true. The '08 team struggled on the road in their first two series, but eventually won huge road games vs Detroit (twice) and Los Angeles (the historic finals game four 20+ point comeback). After they got a few tough road losses under their belt for the first time as a group, they improved significantly. Of course, they had hyper-competitive leaders like Garnett and Posey who did not lose their composure and fade under pressure like Tatum often seems to do. Tatum and Brown, our two foundations, have always been good front-runners but have not usually excelled in the toughest games.
I’m just frustrated. Don’t know who to blame

+1 for me too.   

It feels like the main issue is after Miami went torrid hot from 3 in the first we didn't make any def adjustments.
but that might not be true either.
« Last post by blink on Yesterday at 10:59:42 PM »

ouch.

I will swear off basketball if the Heat beat the Celtics 4 times.

well at least the C's don't need to invent their own bulletin board material.
but not real brave by Jimmy.   If the heat win he looks good, if the heat lose, he can claim, well I didn't play...
he is just trying to get into JT/JB's head.

The Celtics can’t win a championship with this coach. It’s not going to happen. He doesn’t have a clue how to adjust or change the rotation on the fly ect ect ect. Or anything else. You can’t fire the players although Brad has tried. And this isn’t an over action. I’ve been saying this for ever. He’s over his head and unless Tatum goes Lebron / Jokic on teams we won’t win it. The evidence is right infront of us.
Patriots / Football / Re: 2024 NFL Draft
« Last post by Goldstar88 on Yesterday at 10:58:51 PM »
I think it would be hard to quantify what a hit or bust is.

For example, if MHJ averages say 750 yards a year for the next 7 or 8 years, is he a bust? No of course not. I just wouldn't call that a hit either.

Going by the contract also seems silly.

What do people think the chances are that MHJ turns out to be a bust? I’d probably go with about 10%. This is why I hope the Pats take him at 3. Drake Maye on the other hand seems like he has 75% chance of being a bust. Obviously both are positions of need, but MHJ seems about as close to a sure thing as you can get.
There is no way Maye is at 75% to bust. More like 20%. Daniels is far more likely to bust based on college, his fast huge rise, etc.  Maye has been projected as a very high pick for multiple seasons. Those guys bust at a mich lower frequency.

No way is Maye only a 20% chance to bust. He regressed this season. I don’t think any of the QB’s in this draft are close to being a lock.
Depends on how you define bust and what the other options are.  If he hangs around the league as backup for 10 seasons, that certainly isn't what you want from a top pick but I wouldn't call it a bust.

If a top-3 pick turns into a career backup, I'd call him a bust.
Then don't reach for QBs or anyone for that matter.  Maye isn't a top-3 talent in this draft and he certainly isn't top 3 in chance of having a successful career. 

Edit - Maye did little in his college career to inspire confidence in his NFL potential.  Against a pretty weak ACC schedule his performance in the tougher games should raise concerns.  Now maybe he just needs a couple more years of development but is he going to get that as a top-3 pick?

Yep and it does.
« Last post by celticinorlando on Yesterday at 10:55:50 PM »

ouch.

I will swear off basketball if the Heat beat the Celtics 4 times.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10