Author Topic: More Conveniently Timed Kyrie Rumors  (Read 7794 times)

Re: More Conveniently Timed Kyrie Rumors
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2019, 02:13:08 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
It is really sad that those so called "reporters" make millions reporting made up BS.
almost as sad as the kardashians millionaires.

TP.....well said ......but there are a zillion dumbed downed Americans willing to believe anything media outlets tell them.  People need to do their own research , use common sense and reason out reports .....especially the political dogma.

The problem with the "do your own research" thing is that you're asking these "dumbed down Americans willing to believe anything" to be the ones doing the research. That yields people who think the Earth is flat and vaccines cause autism.

Of course people shouldn't believe blindly in something just because it comes from some kind of authority but people also aren't equipped to do "their own" research.

This is the dilemma, to me.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 11:11:42 AM by Big333223 »
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2019, 02:40:50 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
It is really sad that those so called "reporters" make millions reporting made up BS.

TP.....well said ......but there are a zillion dumbed downed Americans willing to believe anything media outlets tell them.  People need to do their own research , use common sense and reason out reports .....especially the political dogma.

The problem with the "do your own research" thing is that your asking these "dumbed down American willing to believe anything" to be the ones doing the research. That yields people who think the Earth is flat and vaccines cause autism.

Of course people shouldn't believe blindly in something just because it comes from some kind of authority but people also aren't equipped to do "their own" research.

Nah, let the people determine the information for themselves. Let them decide for themselves and present what they find to others so we can have a debate.

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2019, 11:14:06 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

The problem with the "do your own research" thing is that your asking these "dumbed down American willing to believe anything" to be the ones doing the research. That yields people who think the Earth is flat and vaccines cause autism.

Nah, let the people determine the information for themselves. Let them decide for themselves and present what they find to others so we can have a debate.

I'm all for debate. What I have a problem with is thinking that the "dumbed down American willing to believe anything" are capable of doing the same kind of research as doctors, scientists, engineers, or even journalists who are more educated in finding and parsing information.

Again, this doesn't mean believe everything you read but it does strike me as a big flaw in the "do your own research" thing.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008