Author Topic: who wins roy, cy young, mvp, manager of the of the year  (Read 2455 times)

who wins roy, cy young, mvp, manager of the of the year
« on: October 02, 2008, 06:56:41 PM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
my picks

AL

roy

longoria vs. Ellsbury

ellsbury was on a torrid pace near the end of the year. Both players are different in that longoria shows himself off with home runs and rbi's and ellsbury with speed, runs, defense

Usually power numbers will get you roy. Ellsbury has an outside chance to get co rookie of the year. Longoria prob will win it

Cy young
Cliff lee
Roy halliday
K-rod

and its too bad that either lester nor dice k will be nominated.

Its between cliff lee and k-rod. could be co winners

MVP

pedroia
mauer/morneau
k-rod

I want to add that youk could win it but none of his number lead in any major stat catagory. Pedroia had most runs, tied in hits, most extra base, most doubles, 2nd in average, barely any fielding error. Thats alot of catergory to lead in, thats why he will win it

Manager of the year

Ray's manager

NL

roy

i don't know

cy young

webb

mvp

our old buddy manny.

manager of the year

Joe Torre

whats your picks?

Re: who wins roy, cy young, mvp, manager of the of the year
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 07:18:25 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
AL
Rookie Of The Year- Evan Longoria by a good amount, Ellsbury is 2nd.

MVP- Kevin Youkilis, Maurer 2nd, Pedroia/Sizemore 3rd

Cy Young- Cliff Lee, Halladay 2nd, Dice-K 3rd (Shouldnt be in the top 5, Lester SHOULD be ahead of him but wont), K-Rod 4th (Which is dumb as he was only the 4th or 5th best closer in the AL this year.

Manager of the Year- Joe Madden, Ron Gardenhire 2nd

NL
Rookie Of The Year- Geovany Soto, Joey Votto 2nd

MVP- Albert Pujols, Ryan Howard 2nd, Manny 3rd

Cy Young- Tim Lincecum, Brandon Webb 2nd, CC Sabathia 3rd

Manager Of The Year- Joe Torre, Lou Pinella 2nd.

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 07:19:32 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I think Longoria'll win ROY easy. He was the meat of the Rays order when healthy.

I'd pick Mauer for MVP despite the Twins missing the playoffs.

The Rays manager's name is Joe Maddon. He'll probably win because the Rays were percieved overachievers. That may be true, but I think may be partly because people were so ignorant of just how good their pitching really was.

I guess I'd pick Cliff Lee for Cy Young. Not exactly rocking the boat there.

Geovany Soto will probably be the NL rookie of the year. 20+ homers while being the starting catcher for the best team in the NL is pretty impressive.

I'd take Lincecum for Cy Young, though Webb will probably win for his win total.

You could make a case for Manny despite his playing more than half the season in another league. CC for that matter. Without either of those trades and I have to think that both the Brewers and Dodgers are sitting at home watching the playoffs. Those cowards'll proabably pick Howard or Pujols, though.

I'll take Torre for MOY.

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 07:20:48 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Agree with most of your picks...Especially ol' what's his head in Tampa ;)

Lee's got to win the CY, though there isn't a GM in the league who wouldn't take about a dozen pitchers before him.  If K-Rod win's it I might puke (ok, perhaps I won't get physically sick from it, but it might bother me for 30 seconds or so between lunch and snack time).  The more I think about it, the more his season was overrated.

I will definitely puke though if Manny wins the NL MVP.  OK, maybe I won't actually puke, but...well, he doesn't deserve it for a third of a season.
Yup

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 07:29:38 PM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
aite so soto will win the nl roy, sounds good.

Lincecum had a really good season so he could definitely win. I think though webb's extra 4 wins could do it.

Longoria definitely you could say had more impact for the rays.

Lastly manny should win but like alot of you said it could be howard. Without manny the guy no way the dodgers make it. (i'd like to believe without howard for most of the year as an example phillies would still make it though). Without pujols where would stl be?? still not be in the playoffs. There should be a rule that MVP type players , without them you won't be in the playoffs or was extremely close like with the twins.