Author Topic: Spurs (42-31) at Celtics (43-29) Game #74 3/24/19  (Read 22671 times)

Re: Spurs (42-31) at Celtics (43-29) Game #74 3/24/19
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2019, 10:18:47 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
At this point, I just hope they don't get lose in the first round. I have no expectations left of the regular season. It's been a complete disaster.

my guess is out on 2nd round at this rate
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2019, 10:20:51 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
This is embarrassing. Is starting Hayward, Smart and Morris over Jaylen Brown tonight how you reward good play Brad?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2019, 10:20:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
At this point, I just hope they don't get lose in the first round. I have no expectations left of the regular season. It's been a complete disaster.

my guess is out on 2nd round at this rate
Getting out of the first is ideal for me too. What a sorry state of affairs
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2019, 10:20:57 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
I Am considering the ‘kyrie is not right for this team’ narrative. I may jump on board.

YEP

HE IS THE ONE MAKING US TAKE AND MISS ALL THOSE THREES!

::) ::)
That’s not what I am saying.

shhhh you are going to get attacked.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #244 on: March 24, 2019, 10:26:06 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I Am considering the ‘kyrie is not right for this team’ narrative. I may jump on board.

YEP

Doesn't matter about Kyrie anymore, it's Brad...his coaching is horrible at this point, it's sabotage. I'd keep Kyrie over Brad all day.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #245 on: March 24, 2019, 10:29:14 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

YEP

Doesn't matter about Kyrie anymore, it's Brad...his coaching is horrible at this point, it's sabotage. I'd keep Kyrie over Brad all day.
Especially if it's Kyrie + the potential of keeping AD long-term vs Brad

« Reply #246 on: March 24, 2019, 10:29:24 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Brad Stevens: “I’ve never been a part of a team that’s solely reliant on whether you make shots or not ... and right now that’s our deal.”

Seriously coach ?!

« Reply #247 on: March 24, 2019, 10:31:18 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Brad Stevens: “I’ve never been a part of a team that’s solely reliant on whether you make shots or not ... and right now that’s our deal.”

Seriously coach ?!
So the deal is to bench your most promising wing player and freeze him out after he played well last night and tell everyone else to chuck contested three point shots?

SACK BRAD STEVENS BEFORE OUR PLAYOFF RUN IS GONE
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #248 on: March 24, 2019, 10:32:59 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

YEP

I couldn't even care less about AD rn, it's about not completely wasting the talent of Jaylen and actually coaching this team up to their ability in the playoffs. Need to focus on the now imo, this team can play with the right coaching.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #249 on: March 24, 2019, 10:33:52 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

YEP

old news man. kyrie is a star regardless who here craps on him and makes this team better. nobody cried last year when he made us better and we had a great year up to the playoffs. then others played great in playoffs. everybody happy.  brad has gotten away with his style for years  now. it has finally caught up with him. these are his guys. he dictates what style we run.  jack up a 3 and a cloud of dust mentality. should we pass more at the end of games? sure.  no argument from me. but if anybody can take over at the end it is kyrie. maybe if brad would adjust and demand shooting discipline over the course of a game we would not have so much ball hogging at the end? desperate? a point to ponder.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #250 on: March 24, 2019, 10:38:47 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
This is all Mook’s fault

« Reply #251 on: March 24, 2019, 10:39:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

YEP

I couldn't even care less about AD rn, it's about not completely wasting the talent of Jaylen and actually coaching this team up to their ability in the playoffs. Need to focus on the now imo, this team can play with the right coaching.
I can't focus on the now when all we do is play garbage, lol. Too depressing when I know how good we should be.

Showing no improvement throughout the course of the season is ridiculous. Only players who have improved over the season are JB, Kyrie (mostly playmaking), Hayward (efficiency) and Smart. Most of the others have all regressed. The vets like Al and Baynes are solid and consistent, which is exactly what we ask for. But Rozier, Tatum, Morris and Theis have all gotten significantly worse. Blame falls at the feet of Brad.

« Reply #252 on: March 24, 2019, 10:40:41 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

YEP

I can't focus on the now when all we do is play garbage, lol. Too depressing when I know how good we should be.

Showing no improvement throughout the course of the season is ridiculous. Only players who have improved over the season are JB, Kyrie (mostly playmaking), Hayward (efficiency) and Smart. Most of the others have all regressed. The vets like Al and Baynes are solid and consistent, which is exactly what we ask for. But Rozier, Tatum, Morris and Theis have all gotten significantly worse. Blame falls at the feet of Brad.
That's why we need a new coach now to salavage whatever we have left for this playoffs, or have Ainge smack some sense into Brad.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #253 on: March 24, 2019, 10:42:37 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

YEP

That's why we need a new coach now to salavage whatever we have left for this playoffs, or have Ainge smack some sense into Brad.
I'd be incredibly surprised if the former happened. Who knows about the latter

« Reply #254 on: March 24, 2019, 10:43:08 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

YEP

I really don't get why Brad has regressed so much. I get that he had to add Hayward and Irving back into the mix, but he basically had his entire team replaced the offseason we got Kyrie, and we started off 16-2 or something like that. I'm really hoping we can get AD for pennies on the dollar, and this season can just be a bad dream.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum