Author Topic: Hayward Is NOT Getting Traded  (Read 7746 times)

Re: Hayward Is NOT Getting Traded
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2018, 02:17:41 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Ainge is a cold-blooded assassin, but he's not this cold-blooded.

I don't think Lebron would come to Boston given all of the history, but when it comes to cold-blooded GMs Danny Ainge may as well be the Lizard King.

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2018, 08:24:28 PM »

Offline wvcelticsfan

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4

I don't think Lebron would come to Boston given all of the history, but when it comes to cold-blooded GMs Danny Ainge may as well be the Lizard King.

TP for the great nickname.  Wonder how Danny would feel if we could get the media to start calling him that?

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2018, 09:48:42 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

TP for the great nickname.  Wonder how Danny would feel if we could get the media to start calling him that?

That nickname’s already taken, at least for us olds. Please tell me someone else thought of Jim Morrison? https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/its-official-doors-singer-jim-morrison-is-truly-the-lizard-king/2013/06/04/6642e86a-cd2a-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html?utm_term=.57919d687b0b

(The Post article is a bit of a joke, but the underlying story’s real.)

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2018, 05:41:12 PM »

Offline mrb617

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
People always say this but I think they're wrong.

1. Players would know DA is ALWAYS trying to make the Cs as great as they can.

2. FA that sign would just have to negotiate a no trade clause - THAT SIMPLE

3. DA would only trader Hayward to a good situation and players would know that

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2018, 05:45:48 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46

It would be a horrendous look for the franchise if you traded your 2nd marquee FA signing in franchise history (after Horford) after just 5-6 minutes of his Boston career and after what he's been through all year with the horrific injury (and rehabbing).

The Isaiah Thomas trade looked bad and cruel, but at least we had traded for Isaiah and technically the C's did a lot for him that allowed him to become a star in this league. So in essence, it wasn't *as* bad.

I could see if it was back to Utah and a three team trade...    Nothing is impossible.   

Trading Hayward in some sort of S&T or "salary dump" move to bring in Lebron is simply not ideal and suddenly I doubt any FA considers Boston going forward. Would reflect poorly on the organization.

As much as I love Kyrie and hope to keep him long term, there's a better case to trade him than Hayward since there's risk that he could leave after this season when he opts-out and hits FA.

Just my thoughts. Ainge wants to build a winner and he is a shrewd GM, but I don't think he even thinks about trading Hayward at the moment (also because of the Brad Stevens connection). No one is untouchable, but I'd say Hayward and Tatum (Tatum UNLESS it's for AD) are the closest to untouchable out of this group.

Remember what Jackie Mac said late last year, "the only untouchable now I would say is Al Horford". Well, maybe he's not untouchable now but this past season and the year before that (his first year in BOS after signing) he pretty much was. I assume it's the same for Hayward next year.

Now maybe I wrote this and people are like "DUH... we all know that", but look at the Lebron threads on here and you'll see where I'm coming from.
Diggles

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2018, 05:47:47 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
There's a piece on The Ringer about it that says trading Hayward wouldn't be as bad as the IT trade. I think this is ridiculous.

IT gave Boston everything it ever could've asked of him and more but the Celtics don't owe him anything. As Don Draper would say, That's what the money is for. The Celtics didn't ask IT to come here or make him any promises. They acquired him in a trade and it was the luckiest thing that could've happened to the kid.

Hayward is different. Hayward chose to leave his home with the understanding that Boston was going to help him compete for championships with his old coach. Trading him away now would actually be dishonest and slimy in a way that I never thought the IT trade was.
Trading Hayward would be infinitely WORSE than trading IT for one simple reason.  Hayward was recruited and signed here as a free agent.  Danny will need to draw the line somewhere and IMO, this is the place.  You don't sign someone in demand as a free agent and turn around and trade him.  Under no circumstances I say.

« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2018, 05:55:17 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The title says it all!

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2018, 10:49:05 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Celtics fans tend to vastly overstate the impact Hayward has on the court.  The Jazz let him walk for literally nothing and saw a whopping three win difference in their season record as a result.  The Celtics lost him in the first game of the season and still made it to game seven of the eastern conference finals.

Hayward is a nice guy, but as the 4th highest paid player in the NBA is wildly overpaid and happens to play the same position as the Celtics two best young players.  He's probably the player management would like to trade most.

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2018, 10:52:43 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Celtics fans tend to vastly overstate the impact Hayward has on the court.  The Jazz let him walk for literally nothing and saw a whopping three win difference in their season record as a result.  The Celtics lost him in the first game of the season and still made it to game seven of the eastern conference finals.

Hayward is a nice guy, but as the 4th highest paid player in the NBA is wildly overpaid and happens to play the same position as the Celtics two best young players.  He's probably the player management would like to trade most.

Lol. This is just incorrect.

They saw a small difference in win totals because of Snyder's awesome system and Mitchell's quick acclimation to the NBA, not because Hayward is not good.

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2018, 10:54:42 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

They saw a small difference in win totals because of Snyder's awesome system and Mitchell's quick acclimation to the NBA, not because Hayward is not good.

The idea that Utah “let him walk” is wildly inaccurate, too.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2018, 11:06:29 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

What a ridiculous take. Can't believe anyone can actually say this with a straight face about Hayward. Top 5 or 6 (depending on how much you like PG) SF and this is the respect he gets, lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2018, 11:14:07 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195

What a ridiculous take. Can't believe anyone can actually say this with a straight face about Hayward. Top 5 or 6 (depending on how much you like PG) SF and this is the respect he gets, lol

I agree. Snyder is a really good coach and Donovan Mitchell was a really good rookie. It's not [dang]ing that the team didn't collapse.

Sorry, but Hayward is a superb player. He's an extremely efficient scorer and happens to do everything else well. I'm not sure I could find a better player in terms of fit for the Celtics' system and Brad Stevens if I created one in a lab.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2018, 11:23:31 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Zero chance. Danny isn't going to do something that would no doubt be an affront to Stevens.

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2018, 11:39:49 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Jazz let him walk for free? Lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2018, 11:42:07 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Not even noon time & we've already found our #hottake of the day.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team