Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 119337 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #465 on: June 20, 2018, 12:25:30 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Spurs' Kawhi Leonard and Gregg Popovich met on Tuesday in San Diego, league sources tell Yahoo.

Like, omg! ::) Are they meeting for lunch/dinner and which restaurant will they choose? If just the right special isn't available that day, will Kawhi simply get up and leave, and who pays for everything? Will they arrive in separate cars and/or enter together? Will Pop want to reserve a private dining room at the Olive Garden but Leonard prefers Longhorn Steakhouse, and will everything ultimately be sabotaged by Kawhi's uncle wanting to go to Chuck E. Cheese, followed by Kawhi taking Pop on a shopping spree at DSW because shoes?

SO. MANY. QUESTIONS ::) ;D.
Can see Kawhi after the meeting, looking skyward, rubbing his beard thinking:

I would rather have gone to Chipotle

Lol, TP ;D. Perhaps they should have opted to split the difference and gone with Pizza Planet, instead ;) ;D -

« Reply #466 on: June 20, 2018, 12:29:32 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
So he plans on signing as an FA in LA in 2019? So not getting traded this year? If I'm SA, I keep him and go all in. Not sure LAL or LAC will have cap room/be attractive at that point. Also, SA still can offer him super max.

« Reply #467 on: June 20, 2018, 12:31:36 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm seriously not trusting Woj on this anymore.

I was following his tweets and it's up and down. A hour ago, he mentioned that the meeting had begun, but Shams reported it ended with a good conversation. 30 minutes later, woj updates a few minutes later that the meeting had already ended a hour ago.

He's been conflicting in most of his tweets. So my assumption is that either Kawhi's camp is talking to woj, or something fishy is going on.

Either way, Pop can stand pat regardless. He can wait for the best offer. If LeBron goes to the Lakers, it would really be almost impossible to bring in Kawhi, unless the Spurs agree to take on Deng's contract, or LeBron doesn't take the max at all.

So what you're saying is that Woj's Twitter, of late, has made for at least a bit of a...sham ;) ::) ;D *groan*?

« Reply #468 on: June 20, 2018, 12:34:24 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I was following his tweets and it's up and down. A hour ago, he mentioned that the meeting had begun, but Shams reported it ended with a good conversation. 30 minutes later, woj updates a few minutes later that the meeting had already ended a hour ago.

He's been conflicting in most of his tweets. So my assumption is that either Kawhi's camp is talking to woj, or something fishy is going on.

Either way, Pop can stand pat regardless. He can wait for the best offer. If LeBron goes to the Lakers, it would really be almost impossible to bring in Kawhi, unless the Spurs agree to take on Deng's contract, or LeBron doesn't take the max at all.

So what you're saying is that Woj's Twitter, of late, has made for at least a bit of a...sham ;) ::) ;D *groan*?

BOO GET OFF THE STAGE!

:police:

TP for your terrible joke.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #469 on: June 20, 2018, 12:35:54 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

BOO GET OFF THE STAGE!

:police:

TP for your terrible joke.

Lol, TP ;D. Thanks, man. I do what I can, I guess ;D.

« Reply #470 on: June 20, 2018, 12:40:06 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Sent him to clippers so that their pick conveys next year

« Reply #471 on: June 20, 2018, 12:40:21 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'm out of the loop with all the rumors, but do the LAL need to sequence their moves for any cap reason? Example, would they need to trade for Kawhi first in order to then add 2 max contracts? 

Like Monk above, I'm wondering how much leverage SAS does have in the situation.  It's hard to imagine SAS trading Kawhi to the next great dynasty.  It's also hard to imagine Kawhi accepting a trade to Phoenix, or SAS wanting Smart/Rozier when they have their future PG in Murray.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:54:48 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #472 on: June 20, 2018, 12:41:05 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Before I go to sleep, my thoughts are conflicted. There are two sides to the story but.. ultimately Kawhi shouldn't be letting his camp do all the talking.. it sounds strange but this is sort of the same scenario where you made a mistake, with your parents but you're an adult, and they cant punish or beat you. So you simply avoid talking to them.

Kawhi should be upfront or at least stop destroying his trade value so the Spurs can at least get something on return. It's sad how he's doing this to Pop. I'm confused but I just want to know where he heads. Kawhi could be the first domino, then PG, then LeBron, and DMC.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #473 on: June 20, 2018, 12:46:00 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Before I go to sleep, my thoughts are conflicted. There are two sides to the story but.. ultimately Kawhi shouldn't be letting his camp do all the talking.. it sounds strange but this is sort of the same scenario where you made a mistake, with your parents but you're an adult, and they cant punish or beat you. So you simply avoid talking to them.

Kawhi should be upfront or at least stop destroying his trade value so the Spurs can at least get something on return. It's sad how he's doing this to Pop. I'm confused but I just want to know where he heads. Kawhi could be the first domino, then PG, then LeBron, and DMC.

He a "mama boy" or can't think for himself. That quiet smug says it all. And the rest of the premier league players are waiting for his decision.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #474 on: June 20, 2018, 02:22:35 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

there is no best offer. Kawhi has certified he will go nowhere except the lakers or clips. No other team will separate from themselves anything of value for a rental

You think woj completely fabricated this!
Wow. What a conspiracy theory. Why would he ruin his name and rep? He doesn’t care about La

I think he's definitely twisting it. He's absolutely not the same level of independence he was before joining espn. It's probably true Kawhi wants LA as most sources are agreeing. I think it's sensationalist to say he won't end up anywhere else because there are many situations where its impossible for him to end up in LA.
Plenty of teams will take a chance on Kawhi, particularly the bigger franchises with an established star already where Kawhi doesn't need to be the main man.

« Reply #475 on: June 20, 2018, 02:26:24 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
It’s such a weird situation the more I think about it.

The guy doesn’t want the lead dog limelight, but he only wants LA or NY? I don’t think he realizes how comfortable a situation he was in and how much credit goes to the organization for his success. Will he be able to handle the big market media of LA or NY? Can he handle the pressure that comes with the expectations?

If I was San Antonio, I wouldn’t succumb to his demands so quickly. Wait it out, let free agency play out and like Cleveland did with Kyrie, then find the best package.

If LeBron and PG13 or CP3 go to LAL, there goes his big threat of signing there next season. Then it’s LAC (who will always be second-fiddle) or the Knicks, only if neither team makes moves before then.

I wouldn’t be in such a rush unless they want to get high up into this draft.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #476 on: June 20, 2018, 02:29:25 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
It’s such a weird situation the more I think about it.

The guy doesn’t want the lead dog limelight, but he only wants LA or NY? I don’t think he realizes how comfortable a situation he was in and how much credit goes to the organization for his success. Will he be able to handle the big market media of LA or NY? Can he handle the pressure that comes with the expectations?

If I was San Antonio, I wouldn’t succumb to his demands so quickly. Wait it out, let free agency play out and like Cleveland did with Kyrie, then find the best package.

If LeBron and PG13 or CP3 go to LAL, there goes his big threat of signing there next season. Then it’s LAC (who will always be second-fiddle) or the Knicks, only if neither team makes moves before then.

I wouldn’t be in such a rush unless they want to get high up into this draft.
1. He doesn't want NY. WOJ has not said NY
2. He is originally from lA, hence why he wants to go there

Its not hard

« Reply #477 on: June 20, 2018, 03:09:44 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

2 sides to what story? Who made a mistake?

Kawhi is done with san antonio. Leonard is angry over how the Spurs handled his quad rehab and is irate with public comments made by Tony Parker.  He's going back home to LA. what mistake are you referring to, and why would kawhi care about his trade value? He's getting a max no matter what he's traded for. If anything he probably prefers the Lakers to remain stronger and retain assets

« Reply #478 on: June 20, 2018, 03:10:50 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
You know Woj isn't the only guy reporting on this right? And he's not the most reliable anymore.

« Reply #479 on: June 20, 2018, 03:12:29 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell

2 sides to what story? Who made a mistake?

Kawhi is done with san antonio. Leonard is angry over how the Spurs handled his quad rehab and is irate with public comments made by Tony Parker.  He's going back home to LA. what mistake are you referring to, and why would kawhi care about his trade value? He's getting a max no matter what he's traded for. If anything he probably prefers the Lakers to remain stronger and retain assets
Good luck getting the max in LA when there's no cap room. A little thing called economics gets in the way of that... If he cares about going to LA then he absolutely should care about trade value