Author Topic: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft  (Read 106709 times)

Re: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft
« Reply #255 on: March 26, 2019, 09:55:03 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Looking really good like that Memphis pick will translate.

And now, I am starting to hope that if the impossible doesnt happen that the Sacramento pick jumps to pick 2, I hop the hawks win pick 2.

And then I hope Danny trades up for it.

I can see Atlanta trading pick 2, for picks 9 and 14 and maybe a player swap.

Atlanta has Young, Prince and Collins all locked up for a while, they have the Dallas pick, and adding another 2 lotto picks really allows for them to load their team with youth and assets....much like Boston did. Allows them to stay locked in for years under cost control. With assets to trade.

They could easily walk away from the draft with
Hunter
Hayes
Bol Bol

Thats insane.

Young
Huerter/Bazemore
Hunter/Prince
Collins/Spellman
Hayes/Bol Bol/Len/Seller
Danny's not trading 9 and 14 for #2. 
A. that's not nearly enough value to get the second pick in the draft
B. All the picks this year are going out the door for AD.

if somehow Danny manages to hold on to any first rounders this year, I doubt it'll be anything better than the C's own pick in the low 20's

A. I stated a player involved as well.

B. trading for Davis is not a guarantee.
Far from it in fact.

C. Having Morant, Brown, Tatum, Williams is a team that can beast for a decade. Morant is a superstar. IMO right NOW as good a player as Kyrie.

D. At hypothetical costs/returns I would rather Morant and keeping more assets than Davis and losing them all. I do not see Davis providing more than Tatum, Smart, and 4 first round picks. He is a great players but that is alot more going out than coming in.

E. If this team got Morant and Danny tried to trade him, Danny should be fired.

« Reply #256 on: March 26, 2019, 10:48:38 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Looking really good like that Memphis pick will translate.

And now, I am starting to hope that if the impossible doesnt happen that the Sacramento pick jumps to pick 2, I hop the hawks win pick 2.

And then I hope Danny trades up for it.

I can see Atlanta trading pick 2, for picks 9 and 14 and maybe a player swap.

Atlanta has Young, Prince and Collins all locked up for a while, they have the Dallas pick, and adding another 2 lotto picks really allows for them to load their team with youth and assets....much like Boston did. Allows them to stay locked in for years under cost control. With assets to trade.

They could easily walk away from the draft with
Hunter
Hayes
Bol Bol

Thats insane.

Young
Huerter/Bazemore
Hunter/Prince
Collins/Spellman
Hayes/Bol Bol/Len/Seller
Danny's not trading 9 and 14 for #2. 
A. that's not nearly enough value to get the second pick in the draft
B. All the picks this year are going out the door for AD.

if somehow Danny manages to hold on to any first rounders this year, I doubt it'll be anything better than the C's own pick in the low 20's

A. I stated a player involved as well.

B. trading for Davis is not a guarantee.
Far from it in fact.

C. Having Morant, Brown, Tatum, Williams is a team that can beast for a decade. Morant is a superstar. IMO right NOW as good a player as Kyrie.

D. At hypothetical costs/returns I would rather Morant and keeping more assets than Davis and losing them all. I do not see Davis providing more than Tatum, Smart, and 4 first round picks. He is a great players but that is alot more going out than coming in.

E. If this team got Morant and Danny tried to trade him, Danny should be fired.
A. noted that you wanted to include a player as well but who do we have that we would be willing to include in a deal just to move up that another team would want?  we don't have anyone that fits that description
B. nope, no guarantee that it happens but you know Danny's going to try his best to make it happen.  if he doesn't, the destruction of this season after the Davis drama will have been a double punch to the gut.
C.  that's not a beast team.  Morant hasn't proven anything in the NBA.  Williams is still incredibly raw.  Brown's just started getting back to who he was last season and Tatum has continually regressed.  He's not even as good as the beginning of his rookie season at this point.   Adding Morant would be an improvement over Rozier but how much chafing would he feel at knowing he's stuck behind Kyrie for years.  Of course that's HUGE speculation that the Sac pick jumps to #2.  It's unlikely to be any better than #13 if not #14.
D.  I agree in the sense that if we don't make the trade for AD and just add picks, this is a loaded roster for next year just by bringing back Kyrie, dumping Rozier and Morris, having Hayward heal for another year and hopefully Brown and Tatum back to improving their games knowing this is where they're staying.   C's should be able to add a good FA via the MLE and hopefully a good vet min guy for the bench.
E. if this team did get the rights to Morant, Danny would trade him in a blink for AD with the hopes of keeping Tatum off the table (or at least not having to include Brown under any circumstances) or keeping the other picks off the table.   This is based on the supposition that AD is open to resigning here and not coming here as a one-year rental.

it's one thing to dream about Sac climbing to the #2 slot but that's all it is, a dream. 

« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2019, 06:24:19 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Memphis now sitting with the 8th pick a win and a loss behind the pelicans in 9th. They should be alone in 9th soon.

2 games separates Sacramento from the 12th pick now too. With Charlotte, (who is surging for a playoff spot) 2 games back. And Miami (who is fighting for playoffs) 1 game back.

Miami can go on a little run to close out season if a few teams rest players for playoffs

Charlotte will have a harder time as they will be heading west.

Sacramento has 8 games left, but it will be tough.
Houston twice, utah, sas and portland in those 8 games and playoff seeding implications are in play so I dont think they will be having teams resting players as much as Miami will.

Prediction- memphis pick either 9 or 10.
Sacramento pick 12-13

« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2019, 08:29:31 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Memphis now sitting with the 8th pick a win and a loss behind the pelicans in 9th. They should be alone in 9th soon.

2 games separates Sacramento from the 12th pick now too. With Charlotte, (who is surging for a playoff spot) 2 games back. And Miami (who is fighting for playoffs) 1 game back.

Miami can go on a little run to close out season if a few teams rest players for playoffs

Houston twice, utah, sas and portland in those 8 games and playoff seeding implications are in play so I dont think they will be having teams resting players as much as Miami will.

Sacramento pick 12-13

I would be satisfied with 9 and 13. That's decent trade value, and if the picks don't go in a trade that isn't necessarily the worst thing. This year's draft has only a few players who look like sure-thing stars (Morant, Williamson) but there are a number of players who are a bit older (and so, readier to contribute) who look like they could be excellent defenders and role players. I'm intrigued by Brandon Clarke - a hardnosed player who could give RWIII a run for his money in a quick-leaping contest but who has infinitely better bball instincts and technique, and a nice mid-range jump shot. He's older than Jayson Tatum or even Jaylen Brown, and he's already coached up and, apparently, hungry. This scouting report has a nice evaluation of what he did to Duke's elite (future NBA) finishers at the rim when the Zags beat the Blue Devils. https://www.thestepien.com/2018/12/03/analyzing-brandon-clarkes-nba-potential/

His standout tournament performance might push him too far up in the draft to be available at 9, but I'm interested.

« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2019, 09:34:26 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Sacramento pick 12-13

I would be satisfied with 9 and 13. That's decent trade value, and if the picks don't go in a trade that isn't necessarily the worst thing. This year's draft has only a few players who look like sure-thing stars (Morant, Williamson) but there are a number of players who are a bit older (and so, readier to contribute) who look like they could be excellent defenders and role players. I'm intrigued by Brandon Clarke - a hardnosed player who could give RWIII a run for his money in a quick-leaping contest but who has infinitely better bball instincts and technique, and a nice mid-range jump shot. He's older than Jayson Tatum or even Jaylen Brown, and he's already coached up and, apparently, hungry. This scouting report has a nice evaluation of what he did to Duke's elite (future NBA) finishers at the rim when the Zags beat the Blue Devils. https://www.thestepien.com/2018/12/03/analyzing-brandon-clarkes-nba-potential/

His standout tournament performance might push him too far up in the draft to be available at 9, but I'm interested.

There are alot of high potential gyys in our pick ranges, imo, which is why I can see teams willing to trade back out of the top 6(provided they dont land #1)

Bol bol
Little
Reddish could easily slip to 9
Rui
Fernando
Hunter.

« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2019, 10:41:57 AM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
Do people have any perspectives on what kind of draft this is, generally? Is it weak after #1? Are the players coming out a year from now likely to be better? Is there value in the spots that the Celtics are picking in? Would New Orleans see value in them? I don't follow college hoops so I'm pretty much in the dark here.

« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2019, 11:12:06 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Do people have any perspectives on what kind of draft this is, generally? Is it weak after #1? Are the players coming out a year from now likely to be better? Is there value in the spots that the Celtics are picking in? Would New Orleans see value in them? I don't follow college hoops so I'm pretty much in the dark here.

I think this is a very deep draft with many future allstars in it.

There are superstars at the top, I think 3 perhaps 4 pick, allstars with potential of superstar based on growth as deep as 15th, and very good players after that.

Alot of positional size, athleticism and 2 way potential.

« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2019, 11:17:45 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Memphis gotta tank big time now..doubt Conley plays anymore
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2019, 11:26:27 AM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125

There are superstars at the top, I think 3 perhaps 4 pick, allstars with potential of superstar based on growth as deep as 15th, and very good players after that.

If that's the case, if you were the Celtics would you be hoping for the Memphis pick to convey this year, rather than next?

« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2019, 01:10:36 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

If that's the case, if you were the Celtics would you be hoping for the Memphis pick to convey this year, rather than next?

Without doubt.

« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2019, 01:11:34 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

The opposite of that.

Conley to play as much as possible to raise value for offseason trade.

They need that pick to convey this year so they can completely rebuild moving forward without fear of giving up a top 5 pick.

« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2019, 01:59:58 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Unfortunately, this isn't the case. If it was, the top 2 picks (if Memphis conveys) would be a heck of a bargaining chip in trade talks for AD.

« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2019, 02:12:53 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

The opposite of that.

Conley to play as much as possible to raise value for offseason trade.

They need that pick to convey this year so they can completely rebuild moving forward without fear of giving up a top 5 pick.

Totally agree. I think they want this liability gone so they can start their rebuild.

Mike

« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2019, 02:29:21 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Unfortunately, this isn't the case. If it was, the top 2 picks (if Memphis conveys) would be a heck of a bargaining chip in trade talks for AD.

While I appreciate the difference of opinion, what makes you think that guys like Reddish, Hunter, Little, Bol Bol, White, Rui, Haye, Doumbooya and Porter Jr do not have the talent to become allstars, or ever potentially superstars in the case of someone like Bol Bol?

« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2019, 09:14:34 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

While I appreciate the difference of opinion, what makes you think that guys like Reddish, Hunter, Little, Bol Bol, White, Rui, Haye, Doumbooya and Porter Jr do not have the talent to become allstars, or ever potentially superstars in the case of someone like Bol Bol?

I’ve read a lot of reporting that NBA scouts consider this year’s class to be weak -  they see a couple of very likely stars in Zion and Ja, a few maybes in the next tier, like Barrett and Hunter, and then a bunch of guys who look to have NBA talent but aren’t clear standouts.

Of course nobody knows for sure. To my eye, Reddish and Little have been major disappointments. Especially Resdish. Bol Bol - your mileage may vary, but I see potential for Gobert-light or disappointment, and the injuries and lack of foot speed concern me.