Author Topic: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft  (Read 108776 times)

Re: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft
« Reply #300 on: April 02, 2019, 04:05:19 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Everyone knows that this year's draft would be better than last year's draft?

I was under the impression the opposite was true based on stuff I have been reading for two years.

A quick google search will show you that people thought 2018 draft was solid, but there were few probable stars.

https://www.nba.com/da-big-board-wings-2018-draft

This years draft has been alot of talk about potential stars being more available than last seasons.

LAst year ealry projections had the top 5 as Bagley, Ayton, Bamba, Doncic and Porter Jr.

This year had
Williamson, Barrett, Reddish, Little, Bol Bol.

Alot more superstar potential in 2019s class.

And the early notes on next years draft is it being very weak.
I don't think it's very weak at all. And if you consider that HS Seniors could join the draft (don't know if there's been a yay or nay in this regard) it will be booming. Lots of HS upper echelon talent in next years' senior class.

« Reply #301 on: April 02, 2019, 05:10:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I was under the impression the opposite was true based on stuff I have been reading for two years.

A quick google search will show you that people thought 2018 draft was solid, but there were few probable stars.

This years draft has been alot of talk about potential stars being more available than last seasons.

LAst year ealry projections had the top 5 as Bagley, Ayton, Bamba, Doncic and Porter Jr.

This year had

I did a lot of Google searches and am not finding claims as last year being only solid players and no stars or superstars. Heck, the article you sited only talked about wings and didn't even mention Doncic as a wing. No Aldridge had Doncic as a guard. You failed to look at Aldridge's other pages on guards and bigs that were attached to that page where he raved about the quality there, didn't you?

Mark Cuban stated he made the Doncic trade because he knew the 2019 draft wasn't very good. The Athletic had an article going over the weakness of this draft. I have seen this year called an ultra top heavy draft with little special in it after the top 2 picks. On multiple pages I have seen this year's crop called weak compared to the lottery heavy in talent previous drafts.

Sorry. I am not finding what you claim to be just assumed given fact on the quality this year being any better than previous years.

« Reply #302 on: April 02, 2019, 05:25:36 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

This year had

I don't think it's very weak at all. And if you consider that HS Seniors could join the draft (don't know if there's been a yay or nay in this regard) it will be booming. Lots of HS upper echelon talent in next years' senior class.
Pretty much the consensus I've heard/read is that this year's draft is weak and next year's may even be weaker.  Indications have been that elimination of the one and done won't be until the 2022 draft. 

« Reply #303 on: April 02, 2019, 05:39:28 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

This year had

I did a lot of Google searches and am not finding claims as last year being only solid players and no stars or superstars. Heck, the article you sited only talked about wings and didn't even mention Doncic as a wing. No Aldridge had Doncic as a guard. You failed to look at Aldridge's other pages on guards and bigs that were attached to that page where he raved about the quality there, didn't you?

Mark Cuban stated he made the Doncic trade because he knew the 2019 draft wasn't very good. The Athletic had an article going over the weakness of this draft. I have seen this year called an ultra top heavy draft with little special in it after the top 2 picks. On multiple pages I have seen this year's crop called weak compared to the lottery heavy in talent previous drafts.

Sorry. I am not finding what you claim to be just assumed given fact on the quality this year being any better than previous years.

I will post some of the articles later if I desire to go lookibg for them.

But I remember alot of talk of last year having 3 or 4 guys at the top then that was it

This year has always had 6 or 7 guys at the very top with alot of potential talent afterward.

Barret
Williamson
Reddish
Little
Bol bol
Langford

To name a few being talked about ahead of last years draft.

And last season you had alot of questiins about if trae, doncic could translate to the nba.

If Ayton was good enough to impact now...same as bamba. And that was your top 4. This years draft no one has the same level of questioning.

« Reply #304 on: April 02, 2019, 06:11:33 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

This year had

But I remember alot of talk of last year having 3 or 4 guys at the top then that was it

This year has always had 6 or 7 guys at the very top with alot of potential talent afterward.

Barret
Williamson
Reddish
Little
Bol bol
Langford

And last season you had alot of questiins about if trae, doncic could translate to the nba.

If Ayton was good enough to impact now...same as bamba. And that was your top 4. This years draft no one has the same level of questioning.

All indications are that last year's draft was better.  This has been hailed a weak draft for years and at this point it still is beyond Zion, Morant and maybe Barrett.  I don't know anything about next year's draft. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #305 on: April 02, 2019, 06:21:37 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

This year had

Barret
Williamson
Reddish
Little
Bol bol
Langford

All indications are that last year's draft was better.  This has been hailed a weak draft for years and at this point it still is beyond Zion, Morant and maybe Barrett.  I don't know anything about next year's draft.

I’ve seen a number of articles claiming that this draft is weak. I do think that is the consensus view. Whether it’s right is a different question; we all remember what the consensus was about Fultz.

« Reply #306 on: April 02, 2019, 06:25:39 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

This year had

Barret
Williamson
Reddish
Little
Bol bol
Langford

I’ve seen a number of articles claiming that this draft is weak. I do think that is the consensus view. Whether it’s right is a different question; we all remember what the consensus was about Fultz.

Like the late great William Goldman famously said, "nobody knows anything."

« Reply #307 on: April 03, 2019, 07:55:11 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Big night tonight for picks.

Magic at Knicks (go Magic)
Bulls Wizards (go Bulls)
Hornets Pelicans (Go Hornets)
Wolves Mavericks (go Wolves)
Grizzlies Blazers (go Grizz)

« Reply #308 on: April 03, 2019, 08:10:43 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

Bulls Wizards (go Bulls Wizards)
Hornets Pelicans (Go Hornets either win is good/bad)
Wolves Mavericks (go Wolves Mavericks)
Grizzlies Blazers (go Grizz Blazers)

Fixed for the majority of us who want the Griz pick to roll over.  Thanks for compiling the key games Silk, TP.

« Reply #309 on: April 03, 2019, 08:28:07 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas

Fixed for the majority of us who want the Griz pick to roll over.  Thanks for compiling the key games Silk, TP.

Count me as one more happy to have the pick convey this year at nine. Memphis has been a well run franchise for a while. And they don’t want to live in the basement. Give them a top 8 draft pick this year and a top six draft pick next year, plus time to clean off their cap sheet, and the year the pick is unprotected they might make the playoffs.

Meanwhile, if we want to get a D without losing smart or brown, we need salary. That means having the pick convey.

« Reply #310 on: April 03, 2019, 08:29:48 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
Duplicate

« Reply #311 on: April 03, 2019, 08:31:51 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

Count me as one more happy to have the pick convey this year at nine. Memphis has been a well run franchise for a while. And they don’t want to live in the basement. Give them a top 8 draft pick this year and a top six draft pick next year, plus time to clean off their cap sheet, and the year the pick is unprotected they might make the playoffs.

Meanwhile, if we want to get a D without losing smart or brown, we need salary. That means having the pick convey.

That's why you deal it likely next year while it still has the allure of #1 or top 5 in the future, before the potential reality that it won't sets in. 

« Reply #312 on: April 03, 2019, 09:06:37 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Kings blown out at home. Now that they’re out of playoffs nothing to play for.

« Reply #313 on: April 03, 2019, 09:15:17 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

there is a possibility they can drop to the 12th pick.

« Reply #314 on: April 03, 2019, 09:32:49 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

there is a possibility they can drop to the 12th pick.

Very slim. They are 2.5 games ahead of Charlotte with 4 left to play. Way more likely they pass whoever is 9th in the east, Orlando or Miami, and we end up with the 14th pick. Either way I don't think it makes a huge difference.