Author Topic: We Can Play With These Guys  (Read 4528 times)

Re: We Can Play With These Guys
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 01:17:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I believe ....one advantage the Celtics have is our head coach.    He is very sharp and a perfectionist and so detail oriented .

Again ......Rockets have the big names and should be favorite ..talent wise.....but talent alone does not always prevail by itself.

Our chance lies in the other factors .....such as motivation, youth, energy,  and most of all floor  coaching ....seeing the game though our players eyes . 

Might be a big mistake for Howard to overlook the Celtics as easy prey.

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 02:11:54 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
we will see what we are made up tonight...

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 04:24:15 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151

Might be a big mistake for Howard to overlook the Celtics as easy prey.

You know it's going to be a tough game whenever Ariza, Harden and Howard are on the court at the same time.  Wouldn't be surprised if Houston plays like Toronto by hitting 3's like they are layups. Hopefully, we'll be able to break their flow.

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 05:12:58 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
We won't have as good a record as the Bulls or Cavs,  but yeah, we can be competitive with them.  Will be interesting to see how we do against a team with a great center tonight.  I say we do just fine, especially if we continue to play with the same unselfish style, ball movement, perimeter d and stretch 4 shooting.

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 03:04:41 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Watching the Bulls-Cavs game tonight, I kept thinking:

We can play with these guys.

These are considered the two best teams in the Eastern Conference.  I'm not all that impressed.  Our perimeter pressure is better than either team.  Our 3 point shooting is better. We don't have the interior defense of the Bulls, but with the 3 point range of our bigs is a great antidote for that deficiency.

We can play with these guys!!

No, we can't.  Against Chicago, it won't matter how great our defense could be because Noah and Gasol will dominate the boards.  The size differential is simply too much for us to overcome right now.  We won't be able to get any clean rebounds, so we'll have to rely on our half court offense (whatever that is ;D).  Ugh.  It's going to be a massacre.  Even without Rose, the Bulls were right there with the Cavs and arguably should have won, but Tristan Thompson played out of his mind and Lebron, as much as I hate him, simply took over the game in the extra session.  Man, I know that Chicago is being cautious with Rose, but doesn't it feel like the guy is made of glass?  Too many of these dudes are thoroughbred horses nowadays, lol.

OK, LA, so how do you feel after the game last night vs. the Bulls?   Think we can't play them?