Author Topic: Next Season  (Read 1793 times)

Next Season
« on: November 09, 2014, 04:15:04 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
I can already see it now that next season were gonna be a contender.  Some of the centers in next years free agent class include lamarcus aldridge, marc gasol, brook lopez, deandre jordan, greg monroe; and I'm hearing that Al horford is on the trade block.  This is all based on the idea that we get one of these top tier centers. Best case scenario we get LA so for arguments purpose I'm gonna say we get him.  I also think Smart isnt gonna be coming off the bench for much longer so I put him in the starting lineup.  Lemme know what you guys think about MS starting at the 2 guard.  Also, I'm using these players by option, I really don't think we should trade anyone on this list.  Lemme know if you guys think we should make trades, and what the trades are we should make this upcoming offseason.  Also lmk if you think this lineup is enough to make us contenders.  Pretty much just wanted to throw this out there, cause im pumped and want to bounce ideas off others.  Also, I'm talking about next year this early into the season because I know that we are going to make noise this season, but without a true center we are a push to make the playoffs.

Starters: Rondo
Marcus Smart
Jeff Green
Sully
Lamarcus Aldridge

Bench: Evan Turner
Avery Bradley
James Young (ET can guard the SF)
Kelly O
Tyler Zeller
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:21:17 PM by bmac934 »

Re: Next Season
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 04:24:04 PM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100
LA is not best case scenario because he isn't a great fit beyond being a better scorer than anyone we have on this team. Marc Gasol is the better fit and should be option 1. Fills a ton of holes on the defensive end and is an elite big man passer that would fit incredibly well in a motion offense within the paint. Your point stands, though, and I agree except I don't think we'd be contenders with LA. We'd still need a bigman who can do the dirty work and play 25-30 MPG. Gasol can do that and more. If we got Gasol, I think we'd be fringe contenders in the East or even real contenders depending on the development of our young guys.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 04:32:55 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
But there are nights that we can't buy a basket for the life of us.  LA is the best mix of an offense/defense center.  With that in mind I might even say al horford would be a better fit on our team than Marc Gasol.

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 04:33:44 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Gasol is the # 1 option . Top notch defender, passer and basketball IQ .

Reasons I think Gasol might choose the C's

-Rondo is just as good as Conley , if not better. Definitely would get Gasol more easy buckets
- Jeff Green is better than any wing players Memphis has
- Sully is basically a young Zach Randolph
- Much better and younger bench with Smart,Turner and KO
- Play in the east and have a much better shot to reach the Finals .
- C's have tons of draft picks to draft or trade for more talent
- A system Gasol would fit in perfectly

What we have to hope for is the C's make the playoffs in East showing improvement and development , and for Memphis to have an early playoff exit .

PG: Rondo   / Smart
SG: AB         /  Turner
SF: Green    / Wallace
PF: Sully      / KO
 C: Gasol    / Zellar

Plus 2 first rd draft picks

ME like

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 04:39:38 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White

-Rondo is just as good as Conley , if not better. Definitely would get Gasol more easy buckets

What we have to hope for is the C's make the playoffs in East showing improvement and development , and for Memphis to have an early playoff exit .

ME like

So you don't think we should start marcus?  And you don't think in next years time James Young will have a role on the team?

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 04:41:51 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

ME like

So you don't think we should start marcus?  And you don't think in next years time James Young will have a role on the team?

I do think Smart should start over AB , but AB's contract may keep him in the starting lineup.  If Young shows signs of development then sure he should get some mins . Who know Wallace may be gone then Turner becomes backup SF and Young backup SG ?

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 05:07:30 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

ME like

Smart has more potential but he's still a liability with his poor shooting. I prefer him coming off the bench til he earns it.

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 05:20:31 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Aldridge isn't a center and has been very vocal about his preference not to play center.  If you want Aldridge, he's going to play power forward.

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 05:35:59 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Besides the fact that as a others have pointed out, Aldridge is not a center, there is also zero chance he leaves Portland.  Portland is an up-and coming team, that could be a legit contender soon, and also can offer Aldridge the most money.

Just seems like an unrealistic target.

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 05:48:03 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
LaMarcus Aldridge and Marc Gasol are not coming here, let's get a dose of reality.  We will build this team through the draft and, maybe, a strategic trade here or there. The only big name FA we can expect to sign is on our team right now in Rajon Rondo.

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 05:55:43 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
LaMarcus Aldridge and Marc Gasol are not coming here, let's get a dose of reality.  We will build this team through the draft and, maybe, a strategic trade here or there. The only big name FA we can expect to sign is on our team right now in Rajon Rondo.
Thanks Dionne Warwick....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0wCuwUneSM

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 07:08:34 PM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100

You have absolutely no idea what will happen so stop acting like it. It may be unlikely but let's relax with that attitude. "get a dose of reality" How swell of you.

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 07:51:35 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

I agree with LMA, but I'm not so sure with Gasol. He'd be a perfect fit in our system, and he'd be joining a younger team rather than an aging team.  Legitimately, we equal or better their starting lineup (with Gasol in both at C):
PG: Rondo > Conley
SG: Bradley = Lee
SF: Green > Allen
PF: Sully = ZBO (at least if you count age, potential, and a better outside shot. Plus how many years does he have left?)
Bench: C's > G's

Furthermore, it'd be worth it for him to get out of the Western Conference and into the much easier Eastern Conference. So don't count him out just yet. We'd almost certainly have to make the playoffs, kind of like what Houston did before Howard came over. However, we can do it, and we'd be an excellent spot for him.

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 08:37:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Gasol

Marc

Make it so

Danny