Author Topic: Charles Matthews tears ACL during Celtics draft Workout  (Read 1871 times)

Charles Matthews tears ACL during Celtics draft Workout
« on: June 10, 2019, 02:28:14 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Charles Matthews tore his ACL during a pre-draft workout with the Boston Celtics, according to Jonathan Givony of ESPN.

Matthews was ranked #60 in ESPN's top 100 draft prospects and was considered one of the top defenders in the draft.

"Injuries are tough, but Charles is an extremely hard worker and will be back stronger than ever. He had a series of outstanding workouts lately and has helped himself. Charles will continue that momentum when he returns to action," said his agent Adam Pensack

. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26936566/draft-prospect-charles-matthews-tears-acl

Re: Charles Matthews tears ACL during Celtics draft Workout
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 06:05:21 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I feel bad for him, how can you not getting hurt trying out for a pro team...

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 08:27:35 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
truly wish him a speedy recovery.  just curious, anyone know if draft prospects take out insurance policies on themselves in case of injury pre-draft night?

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 08:32:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
truly wish him a speedy recovery.  just curious, anyone know if draft prospects take out insurance policies on themselves in case of injury pre-draft night?
They often do, though a lot of the time its for a career ending injury. There really isn't a standard template for these policies, just a couple of markets that will underwrite and they just do what they want mostly.

(some policies do cover loss of draft position, lost income etc.)

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 09:54:28 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Really disappointed for him.  He’s a great kid and tremendously hard worker.  I’m sure he’ll work his way back from this, but it sucks.  One of my favorite college players this year, and was my my dream pick for the Celtics in the second round.  It’s even worse that he got hurt working out for the C’s.  I still hope we draft him and let him rehab on a two-way contract for a year.