Author Topic: Interesting Demarcus Cousins Interview  (Read 4218 times)

Re: Interesting Demarcus Cousins Interview
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 08:00:57 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 394
I wonder what it'd take to land this guy. If we landed #1 overall next summer, would you trade that plus another non-lotta future 1st rounder, plus Rozier and some roster filler for Cousins?
- LilRip

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 08:13:30 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I wonder what it'd take to land this guy. If we landed #1 overall next summer, would you trade that plus another non-lotta future 1st rounder, plus Rozier and some roster filler for Cousins?

Next year he will only have 1 year left on his contract so may not cost even that much.

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 08:22:59 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
If we land #1 they might be the guys needing to throw in a little extra.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 08:33:14 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Maybe not the same situation but DJ was considered a malcontent cancer in Phoenix and in Boston he was amazing.  Cousins has been stuck in a train wreck of an organization since entering the nba.  I for one think he'd be worth the "flier" of some good draft picks and players.  With Stevens on board and a solid team first, defense most important team I think he would become EVEN more dominant.   

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 09:54:12 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 394
If we land #1 they might be the guys needing to throw in a little extra.

Maybe, but basing it off the Wiggins-Love trade, wasn't it essentially Wiggins (#1 overall) and Bennett (bust/bench player) for Love?

- LilRip

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2016, 10:14:29 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Not unless there are some stipulations.

(1) Cousins' contract is up after 2017-2018. There's no way I'm trading #1 without a long-term extension that isn't overly detrimental to the team's cap.

(2) It depends on the #1 pick. Wiggins was very highly regarded but he wasn't seen as the next Anthony Davis. Of course, you run the risk of the next Anthony Davis becoming the next Greg Oden if you keep thepick.

(3) Depends on what beyond the 1st overall pick they want. The BOS 2018 pick is probably fine. As for players, it all depends on their performance this year. Guys like Smart, Rozier, Hunter and Mickey are all going to get a chance to earn playing time next year. Some of those guys may break out and I'm not giving too many more valuable assets in a trade that moves the #1 overall pick in what is anticipated to be a very strong draft.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.