Author Topic: Who thinks they know college basketball really well?  (Read 5800 times)

Who thinks they know college basketball really well?
« on: April 22, 2009, 11:03:10 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If you do, than I would like to know who this years Courtney Lee is. Watching him play more and more I'm so impressed.

He dribbles well, Shoots well is athletic, good defender. The whole package. So who in this years draft could we potentially target, buy buying a pick around 20-25 in the draft.

Who do you guys like out there in general that are not top 5 picks?

Re: Who thinks they know college basketball really well?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 11:09:54 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
smart money is on chase budinger or wayne ellington for me. I think those guys, both having 3 yrs of pt at a top flight basketball school, have a chance to come in right away and contribute.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 11:12:33 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

..... So who in this years draft could we potentially target, buy buying a pick around 20-25 in the draft....

I think MN has our 1st rounder this year.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 11:18:16 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

..... So who in this years draft could we potentially target, buy buying a pick around 20-25 in the draft....

I think MN has our 1st rounder this year.

Right, that's why we'd buy one. I don't know if there's a Courtney Lee, but I think there's potential Michael Redd type players in the two wings from Marquette in the second round. AJ Price could also be a late first round steal.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 11:19:11 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Courtney Lee was the one I was hoping to drop to #30 in the draft. I really like him.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 11:21:04 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Tyler Smith from Tennessee would be my pick as a late first/early second rounder.

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 11:24:31 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Courtney Lee was the one I was hoping to drop to #30 in the draft. I really like him.

And there I was hoping for CDR. Shows me wrong.

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 11:37:36 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Sam Young.

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 12:02:23 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
My top 2 picks are DaJuan Summers and Sam Young.  Both possess the athleticism to play in the league, both have good outside shots, and both play defense.  I'd be happy with either of them coming in, and really being the guy who takes over for Pierce in 3-4 years.  I think Buddinger and Ellington will both be top 20 picks.  Toney Douglas is another guy I liked.  The guy is only  6'2-6'3, but he works.  He's not super athletic, but he's an extremely good defender, he actually was the ACC defensive player of the year.  Solid shooter, believe he shot a little below 40% for 3's this year.  Thinking about it, he kind of reminds me of Delonte West, the way he plays.
do it

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 12:24:01 AM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
Jonny Flynn is going to be a great player in the NBA. He has a huge passion for the game and a great basketball IQ. I believe he is projected to be in the top 20. I would compare him to Rondo, with a better shot but smaller wingspan.

I attend Syracuse University, where Flynn played his college hoops, and it was amazing to see how much he progressed through this past year. He learned to trust his teammates and had much better ball control. If he had stayed at Cuse for his Junior year, we were projected to be a Final Four team next season.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 12:28:47 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
For me it has to be Wayne Ellington if he elects to stay in the draft. He has good team defensive skills, is a very good shooter out to three point range and a very good athlete as well as an explosive scorer overall. He'll be kept down in the draft because of his size but I think the kid has all the tools to make it big.

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 12:31:56 AM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
smart money is on chase budinger or wayne ellington for me. I think those guys, both having 3 yrs of pt at a top flight basketball school, have a chance to come in right away and contribute.
I'm a big Chase Budinger guy. I expect that he'll quickly turn into a very solid NBA player once he enters the league.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 12:38:08 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
For me it has to be Wayne Ellington if he elects to stay in the draft. He has good team defensive skills, is a very good shooter out to three point range and a very good athlete as well as an explosive scorer overall. He'll be kept down in the draft because of his size but I think the kid has all the tools to make it big.

I like Ellington a lot. I can see him being a solid role player, but not really a star. He can shoot the heck out of the ball and is respectable on defense. His defense is just ok. Lee is really solid on defense, so I don't know if the comparison holds.

I don't see stars in this draft. I see a lot of solid role players. That bodes well for the C's because Danny is good at spotting role players. i gotta watch more film on Harden, Rubio, and Jennings and I'll get back to this.

I said Sam Young earlier because he is going to be Posey with more athleticism. I think he's my favorite player in the draft, outside of the top 1.

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 02:02:31 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Well im only 14 but i know alot, as far as the late first rounder I've heard Jeff teague could slip that far and he could be a major star. At first he was in the lottery but since Wake dropped and he did too, he also dropped in Mock Drafts. I like Wayne Ellington too.

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 02:06:26 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Actually now that I think of it I LOVE Terrence Williams, he could be amazing, plus a triple double machine as a 6' 8" SG great offensive player , great defensive player and like I said a triple double machine