Author Topic: Celtics would have selected George Hill?  (Read 3065 times)

Celtics would have selected George Hill?
« on: July 13, 2008, 11:09:17 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Interesting snippet in today's Globe about the Celtics draft plans.  Apparently Cs made a promise to select George Hill with #30 if available (San Antonio ultimately picked him at #26).

"after Hill's introductory news conference in San Antonio, his agent, Michael Whitaker, said the Celtics had promised to select Hill with the 30th pick if he was available. With Hill off the board, Boston selected New Mexico guard J.R. Giddens with its first-round pick. Despite Whitaker's claims, an NBA source said the two players on Celtics general manager Danny Ainge's wish list with the 30th pick were Giddens and swingman Bill Walker. Walker was selected in the second round with the 47th pick by Washington before his rights were traded to Boston."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/07/13/not_one_to_simmer/?page=2

I am not surprised that Hill was on the Cs radar screen.  He lit it up at the NBA pre-draft camp (much the way DWest did a few years back).
Celtics fan for life.

Re: Celtics would have selected George Hill?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 03:49:49 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4488

Sorry for bumping this thread. I don't know if it's against the terms of service, but I wanted to bump it.

Look how Hill is playing for SA... he's been a legitimate spark off the bench and plug in while Parker's been out (he's back now) with injuries.

I'm guessing if Danny went that route, that Pruitt would've been a goner.

Re: Celtics would have selected George Hill?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:23:15 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Update...he killed us yesterday