Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 973230 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #2010 on: December 26, 2013, 09:35:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
White House Down. It's like Fox News and the makers of the original die hard made a movie together.

It's really quite awesome .

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2011 on: December 26, 2013, 09:39:16 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!

« Reply #2012 on: December 26, 2013, 09:41:40 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

« Reply #2013 on: December 26, 2013, 09:56:58 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
The World's End, not bad, liked Hot Fuzz more.

« Reply #2014 on: December 26, 2013, 10:08:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
The World's End, not bad, liked Hot Fuzz more.

Agree 100%. Liked SOTD better too.

While I like the movie, I kept having pestering questions throughout it. Like..

How come if they're robots, they're so bad at fighting?

How come they're so bad at looking for stuff?

And they do a lot of drinking. As a man who has made a sport of bar crawling... It's not called bar jogging for a reason. After the 6 th bar or so, it would be called 'bar running for a second then puking then timidly asking for a water, sitting for a while, then drinking a beer and moving on to the next one'

« Reply #2015 on: December 26, 2013, 10:19:24 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
About to go watch Wolf of Wall Street. How is it?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2016 on: December 26, 2013, 11:53:07 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
Saw 12 Years a Slave and the Mandela movie.  The Mandela movie was like Jeff Teague (decent), but 12 years was more Rondo if ya know what I mean.

« Reply #2017 on: December 27, 2013, 03:38:21 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
About to go watch Wolf of Wall Street. How is it?

Highly recommend. Might be a bit to edgy for some older folks but I thought it was awesome. Leonardo tore the house down.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2018 on: December 27, 2013, 06:57:53 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
American Hustle is waaaaaaaaay overrated.

« Reply #2019 on: December 27, 2013, 07:29:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
American Hustle is waaaaaaaaay overrated.
I thought it was fantastic.   The only "overrated" part is Jennifer Lawrence.  She over-acts.   Her charisma gets her far, but the scene chewing was almost distracting from the story.  SHe's nowhere near as good as Amy Adams.  Adams is a pro's pro.  Whole nother level.

Also saw "Wolf of Wall Street" last night.  That was good.  It reminded me so much of "Boiler Room" and then I realized that Boiler Room is based on the same true story.  "Wolf of Wall Street" was like "Boiler Room" and "Fear and Loathing" had an angry Citizen Kane-esque Scorsese baby.  I enjoyed it.  Parts of it were wildly hilarious.  Parts of it were wildly uncomfortable.

Saw "47 Ronin" a couple days ago.  It received HORRIBLE reviews.  I had zero expectations.  I thought it was kind of watchable.  My girlfriend enjoyed it.  She thinks some of the backlash for the movie might be because people don't understand ancient Japanese culture.  It definitely wasn't "great", but nowhere near as bad as I anticipated.

Saw "Anchorman 2".   I saw the original for the first time only a few months ago... so I'm not one of those people who knows every line and is obsessed with it.  FWIW, I thought the sequel was just as funny... if not funnier.  But again, I imagine some people are so obsessed with the original that it will be hard for this to live up to their years of obsessive watching.  I personally found it very enjoyable.  It was the loudest movie theater I've been in.  People were laughing their butts off, shouting at the scream... it was crazy.  People love those characters. 

Saw "Hobbit 2".  It was ok.  I still don't think they needed 3 movies to tell this story.   It has some fun action.  I didn't mind it.  It wasn't great, but I was plenty entertained.  Legolas has some sweet action scenes... I hear he's not even in the book, but whatever.  The movies aren't as good as "Lord of the Rings", but it's still some fun stuff.

Saw "Frozen"... Definitely the best animated Disney movie I've seen in years.  It's just straight-up classic animated disney princess musical.  It would fit in well with the era of Aladdin, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, etc.  Only difference is that it's computer animated.   But it was super entertaining.   Disney's movies have been on the upswing since John Lasseter (Pixar producer) took over.

Saw "Hunger Games 2".  I liked it.  I liked the first one too.  If you liked the first one, you'd like the second one.  Surprised how much time in the movie is dedicated to the leadup to the games... It just goes on and on and at some point, I had to ask myself, "Woah... are they even going to show the tourney in this movie?... "  Luckily, there was plenty of time dedicated to the tourney as well. 

Really looking forward to seeing "Her" (Spike JOnze's latest) and "Inside Llewyn Davis" (Coen brother's latest).  Both have received amazing reviews. 

« Reply #2020 on: December 27, 2013, 07:41:38 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Nebraska and it was fantastic.  Everyone should go see that.

I guess technically though it was Road House on Netflix though, first time I watched that and I have no idea what to make of it.  That movie was nutso

« Reply #2021 on: December 27, 2013, 10:21:50 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Fight Club.

Had to see it again. 2 days ago I got a Christmas present, a book called 501 must see movies (with Penelope Cruz on the cover). It was awesome except for one thing, Fight Club isn't in there.

I was amazed that I was not must see. That good of a film wasnt in the action or drama list of Must See movies. It kept me the whole night thinking why. Is it because of its box office success (or lack of it)? But still, tnis is not 501 box office movies, its must see, and im sceatching my head as to why Fight Club wasnt listed.

So I watched it again, and as I did, it came to me. Fight Club wasnt on the list not because it had poor box office rating or mixed reviews. It wasnt there because of two things, and I cant believe I missed it.

The First and Second rule.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #2022 on: December 27, 2013, 10:25:21 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Fight Club is one of those movies you either love or don't I think. It wasn't always like that, but it got that way because so many people loved the crap out of it.

It's like the Bokndock Saints in that way, although TBS is a much , much worse movie than Ficht Club.

« Reply #2023 on: December 27, 2013, 11:07:15 PM »

Kiorrik

Fight Club is one of those movies you either love or don't I think. It wasn't always like that, but it got that way because so many people loved the crap out of it.

It's like the Bokndock Saints in that way, although TBS is a much , much worse movie than Ficht Club.
Much, much worse maybe, but still great.

Btw, Bokndock Saints? Ficht Club? A space before the comma?

Go home IP, you're drunk :]

(Seriously, put the eggnog down.)

« Reply #2024 on: December 27, 2013, 11:11:34 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I've beard it hoth ways.