Author Topic: Greatest Ray Allen moment as a Celtic  (Read 8488 times)

Re: Greatest Ray Allen moment as a Celtic
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 09:07:05 AM »

Offline papa shuttlesworth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 46
For me nothing beats Ray's crossing Sasha's mug, reverse lay up in the NBA Finals.

Ray's 3 pointer to beat the Bobcats off the inbound steal is 2nd place.

Ray's series against the Bulls last year's playoffs is 3rd place.

These would be my top 3 too.  Nice choices.  Except I would add the super slow motion double clutch layup vs the Lakers too.  I think of that and the Sasha layup as a pair.

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 09:18:44 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I've got to say that my favorite moment for Ray as a Celtic was when he stuck it to Sasha during the 07-08 Finals..we had already broken LA's spirits with that Historic Comeback in Game 4, then Ray proceeds to call for an ISO on Sasha - he just knew he could take him to the hole.

He cleared everyone else out..took a few dribbles, and blew right past him, LOL! He then proceeded to lay the ball up on the Opposite side of the rim, away from the outstretched hands of Pau Gasol.

And Then - to See Sasha go to the bench and cry..and pound that bench seat...Classic!!!

Any Laker Pain due to anything that The Boston Celtics do is Great, in my book. I respect LA, but hey.....

Sweet memories  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPVhSsNlHRg&feature=player_embedded

TP Drucci!

Haha...."Dramatic Defense by Sasha"......too funny.

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 09:50:15 AM »

Offline papa shuttlesworth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 46

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 10:16:15 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
This play amazes me everytime I re-watch it. I mean, how is it humanly possible to hang up in the air for so long and make a reverse in three times?! I know it's super slow mo but still... amazing play and body control on that layup.

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 10:33:48 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Hoisting the 2010 Finals MVP trophy.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 12:09:08 PM »

Offline shuttles20

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
If we make the finals and win...I bet Ray will win MVP I mean he did deserve it in 08 over anyone...

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 12:20:20 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
When he got married on the Vineyard after like 12 years and three children with the woman. Right?

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 12:56:14 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
This one thing that stands out about the videos is that Ray is (and has always been) more than just a shooter.  I still amazes me when fans look at him that way, especially when they are Celt fans.

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 01:07:42 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
If we make the finals and win...I bet Ray will win MVP I mean he did deserve it in 08 over anyone...

No he didn't.  You might say he deserved it as equally as Pierce, but I don't think he "deserved it over anyone".
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2010, 01:12:15 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I've got to say that my favorite moment for Ray as a Celtic was when he stuck it to Sasha during the 07-08 Finals..we had already broken LA's spirits with that Historic Comeback in Game 4, then Ray proceeds to call for an ISO on Sasha - he just knew he could take him to the hole.

He cleared everyone else out..took a few dribbles, and blew right past him, LOL! He then proceeded to lay the ball up on the Opposite side of the rim, away from the outstretched hands of Pau Gasol.

And Then - to See Sasha go to the bench and cry..and pound that bench seat...Classic!!!

Any Laker Pain due to anything that The Boston Celtics do is Great, in my book. I respect LA, but hey.....

Sweet memories  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPVhSsNlHRg&feature=player_embedded

TP

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2010, 01:16:19 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2010, 01:25:56 PM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

Sorry, but Pierce was the MVP of the 2008 Finals.  The defense he played on Kobe in game 4 was incredible, and was the main reason series that looked destined for 2-2, was instead 3-1.  Ray had a great series, but most people look to game 6 and all the 3's he hit, but most of those came in the 3rd quarter when the game was already over.  I was more impressed with his defense and rebounding throughout the series.

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2010, 01:28:21 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Yeh, he's made a bunch of clutch 3's, but there was nothing better than the burning Sasha move.  It was the moment that made it abundantly clear that the comeback was complete and the Celts were going to be champs.
Yup

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2010, 01:30:40 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
For me nothing beats Ray's crossing Sasha's mug, reverse lay up in the NBA Finals.

Ray's 3 pointer to beat the Bobcats off the inbound steal is 2nd place.

Ray's series against the Bulls last year's playoffs is 3rd place.

I agree with that top 3 list.

Not only was crossing Sasha amazing, but I believe he finished left and Gasol's face in the picture is priceless.

Pretty sure it's a wallpaper at Celtics.com
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2010, 01:36:00 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I liked his last second 3 pointer to beat Toronto a couple years ago the best.  I watched that about 30 times.