Poll

Guess: Who Is Lebron Playing For After This Season?

Cleveland Cavaliers (He Stays)
33 (30.6%)
Houston Rockets
13 (12%)
Los Angeles Clippers
3 (2.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
32 (29.6%)
New York Knicks
4 (3.7%)
Boston Celtics (Hey... Who Knows)
4 (3.7%)
Philadelphia 76ers
9 (8.3%)
Milwaukee Bucks
1 (0.9%)
San Antonio Spurs
6 (5.6%)
Other Team (Comment Below!)
3 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?  (Read 49683 times)

Re: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?
« Reply #300 on: May 12, 2018, 12:41:47 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Okay, so officially we have to hope NONE of these three happen:

(1) Lebron signs with Philadelphia

(2) Lebron signs with Philadelphia AND PHI trades for Kawhi Leonard

(3) George signs with Philadelphia AND PHI trades for Kawhi Leonard

Now Lebron + George likely can't happen because PHI only has enough for 1 max slot and both are FA's seeking max deals (and a sign and trade for either would probably gut virtually their entire bench/Euro depth lol)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #301 on: May 12, 2018, 01:02:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I think Lebron will only really consider Cleveland, rockets and lakers. I read an article that the lakers are 1:2 to get George. You bet a dollar on him going there and you get 50 cents back

« Reply #302 on: May 12, 2018, 01:17:29 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think Lebron will only really consider Cleveland, rockets and lakers. I read an article that the lakers are 1:2 to get George. You bet a dollar on him going there and you get 50 cents back
Do the Lakers have enough cap space to sign both? Would have to decline matching Randle offer.

Signings make sense if they can trade assets to get Kawhi too. Would have to include Ingram to make it worthwhile for Spurs.

Lebron wouldn’t sign unless all the pieces come together.

« Reply #303 on: May 12, 2018, 01:35:04 PM »

Offline Kevins Gamble

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
There is no chance LeBron signs with Philadelphia...none.
He can't sell it to his fans in Cleveland.  You're crazy if you think the criticism he took for leaving to Miami didn't effect him.  It would impact anyone...but if you're someone who's been told you're the greatest since you were 11 and in an instant transformed into the NBA #1 villain...
Cleveland fans will only accept a departure if they believe he's doing what's best for his family or his post-NBA career (and even then...).  He got them a championship....now if he goes to Cali to a not great team to further LeBron Incorporated....they won't like it, but they'll accept it and still love him.
If he leaves the dump that is the city of Cleveland for the dump that is the city of Philadelphia just because he's ring-chasing...then he's going to get murdered.  Everyone will be quick to point out that he's leaving the Cavs in ruin mostly because they did everything he wanted...now he gets to go ring chase Jordan with some up and coming team he hasn't yet destroyed...that will not go well.
He either stays in his kingdom in Cleveland or he makes a "post-NBA" move to California or New York.  He's not going to Philly...he's not going to Houston either for the same reason.
"AAAAAHAHAAAAHHAAA....take that with your beard....AAAAHHHHAAHHHAAHHAAH..YAAAHHHAHAHAH!!!"
- Cedric Maxwell, Esq

« Reply #304 on: May 12, 2018, 02:00:14 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Do the Lakers have enough cap space to sign both? Would have to decline matching Randle offer.

Signings make sense if they can trade assets to get Kawhi too. Would have to include Ingram to make it worthwhile for Spurs.

Last thing I want to see in LakerLand is them forming a Big 3 of LeBron/Paul George/Kawhi Leonard.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #305 on: May 12, 2018, 02:21:01 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Yeah Bovada has trash odds.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #306 on: May 12, 2018, 03:12:29 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I find it hard to believe the Lakers can get Kawhi for basically just Ingram. Certainly Lonzo or Kuzma has to be included in the deal.

And yeah, they say good bye to Randle for sure and some of their other FA's (like Isaiah).

But Magic will do it if it means George and Lebron are coming. They just got to hope they can fill out a bench after all those moves.

!
« Reply #307 on: May 12, 2018, 03:24:10 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I hope he joins the Seventy-Stinkers!!!!

Then I can doubly enjoy beating him/them!!!

I never liked Philly since their Warrior days. And then through the 60s-80s....don't like Philly pro teams.

I never disliked and won't post Bron Bron the poor Cavs.

It's him I dislike

Now we get a two'fer..

« Reply #308 on: May 12, 2018, 03:40:17 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
It would be kind of fun to see him go to Philly and of course have Ben Simmons force a trade...

« Reply #309 on: May 12, 2018, 04:03:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
we just sign Leonard then

« Reply #310 on: May 12, 2018, 04:34:56 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
we just sign Leonard then

With what cap space? We can barely afford to keep Rozier and Smart, never mind sign a max free agent

« Reply #311 on: May 18, 2018, 09:27:49 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/17/17364284/lebron-james-free-agency-2018-mercenary

If I were the Sixers, I’d push hard for Kawhi Leonard, who’s spent time rehabbing in New York under the care of Dr. Jonathan Glashow, the 76ers’ chief medical officer. If the Sixers went all in with a monster trade package headlined by Markelle Fultz, Dario Saric, Robert Covington, the no. 10 pick, draft-and-stashes, and Jerryd Bayless’s salary, they could theoretically have a Big Three with Embiid, Simmons, and Leonard, and still retain max cap space to sign James if J.J. Redick agreed to a deal worth less than $10 million annually. If Philly can get assurances of both Leonard’s health—Glashow must know—and James’s interest in joining the team, then that admittedly rich trade package is reasonable. Their lineup of Embiid, Simmons, James, Leonard, and Redick would be outrageous, and so lethal with its blend of size and skill that even the Warriors would have a hard time matching up with their frontcourt of Durant and Draymond Green.

1. I doubt Reddick re-signs for less than 10M a year to be honest

2. How does PHI's bench look after that trade and letting all those other guys walk to fit them in?

But yeah, that would be scary. Even with us returning Kyrie and Hayward, that PHI Big 4 could overwhelm us.

« Reply #312 on: May 18, 2018, 09:47:05 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/17/17364284/lebron-james-free-agency-2018-mercenary

If I were the Sixers, I’d push hard for Kawhi Leonard, who’s spent time rehabbing in New York under the care of Dr. Jonathan Glashow, the 76ers’ chief medical officer. If the Sixers went all in with a monster trade package headlined by Markelle Fultz, Dario Saric, Robert Covington, the no. 10 pick, draft-and-stashes, and Jerryd Bayless’s salary, they could theoretically have a Big Three with Embiid, Simmons, and Leonard, and still retain max cap space to sign James if J.J. Redick agreed to a deal worth less than $10 million annually. If Philly can get assurances of both Leonard’s health—Glashow must know—and James’s interest in joining the team, then that admittedly rich trade package is reasonable. Their lineup of Embiid, Simmons, James, Leonard, and Redick would be outrageous, and so lethal with its blend of size and skill that even the Warriors would have a hard time matching up with their frontcourt of Durant and Draymond Green.

2. How does PHI's bench look after that trade and letting all those other guys walk to fit them in?

But yeah, that would be scary. Even with us returning Kyrie and Hayward, that PHI Big 4 could overwhelm us.

I must be missing something with that proposed trade offer. Markelle Fultz has virtually no trade value, as an outside team would see him as a bust. Until he proves he can play and shoot during actual games, I wouldn't trust him. You also have to take into account, would another trade revert him back to that fragile mental state where it effects his shooting. Saric and Covington are both good players, but don't move the needle when your talking about a superstar player. Also, the draft isn't that deep, where the 10th pick has that much trade value either.

Didn't a San Antonio beat writer propose a trade of Tatum, Brown, and the Lakers pick? To put that in perspective for Philly, it would be like trading Simmons and Embiid. Now I know a team trading a superstar player never gets equal value back in return, but the trade proposed in that article is a low ball offer.

« Reply #313 on: May 18, 2018, 09:51:41 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I must be missing something with that proposed trade offer. Markelle Fultz has virtually no trade value, as an outside team would see him as a bust. Until he proves he can play and shoot during actual games, I wouldn't trust him. You also have to take into account, would another trade revert him back to that fragile mental state where it effects his shooting. Saric and Covington are both good players, but don't move the needle when your talking about a superstar player. Also, the draft isn't that deep, where the 10th pick has that much trade value either.

Didn't a San Antonio beat writer propose a trade of Tatum, Brown, and the Lakers pick? To put that in perspective for Philly, it would be like trading Simmons and Embiid. Now I know a team trading a superstar player never gets equal value back in return, but the trade proposed in that article is a low ball offer.
Yeah, that is an offer Buford laughs at. Weak lotto pick, a guy who's proven nothing and two role players. SAS would demand Simmons or not move him
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #314 on: May 18, 2018, 03:37:03 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, that is an offer Buford laughs at. Weak lotto pick, a guy who's proven nothing and two role players. SAS would demand Simmons or not move him

It's actually funny, because if you go to Liberty Ballers or Sixers Reddit, most of them seem to think Fultz, Bayless, smaller piece (not Saric or Covington) and #10 gets them Kawhi. They don't think the Sixers should give up Saric and/or Covington and they still think that offer is good enough  :P

Yeah... good luck with that. If LAL offers up an Ingram in a bigger package, then PHI won't get Kawhi with that package.