Author Topic: Joel Embiid  (Read 7837 times)

Joel Embiid
« on: February 13, 2020, 05:32:41 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Any interest? Based on recent reports, there seems to be a lot of tension in the locker room and key pieces and moves will definitely be made in the off-season. 76ers cannot manage to pay everyone, and at some point needs to realize who has to go.

I would absolutely love him here, and I think our team would be perfect for him to utilize his strengths and weaknesses.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Joel Embiid
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 06:28:35 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
if they do ever decide to deal him, i think were the last team theyd send him too
Greg

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 06:34:50 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
if they do ever decide to deal him, i think were the last team theyd send him too

Yeah, there's no way their ownership would even consider that (just because if the optics). I don't think he gets traded period, but if it does it'll be to a non-contending team in the West (or for a fringe contender if they got a star guard back)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 06:38:12 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Yeah, there's no way their ownership would even consider that (just because if the optics). I don't think he gets traded period, but if it does it'll be to a non-contending team in the West (or for a fringe contender if they got a star guard back)

I have to agree with all of this.  After DA did the trade of the #1 pick and we got Tatum and they got Fultz, I don't see them trading with us.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 06:41:27 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

Any chance they might consider trading Embiid to New Orleans for Jrue Holiday?

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 06:55:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Too much of an injury risk for me to pay the price it'd take to get him out of Philly.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 08:06:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I mentioned something like Embiid, Bolden for Tatum, Theis, Kanter, Langford, and Poirier the other day.  I'd still do that.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 08:14:50 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
It looks like the Sixers players are starting to turn to their fans.

I hope the Celtics dont go this route, where the players start to consider other teams because the fans have been too critical and unsupportive.

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 08:34:22 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I mentioned something like Embiid, Bolden for Tatum, Theis, Kanter, Langford, and Poirier the other day.  I'd still do that.

Might just be me but...

I actually would rather have Tatum over Embiid. I would rather pair the two up because their good friends and have great chemistry in the off-season.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 08:36:31 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It looks like the Sixers players are starting to turn to their fans.

I hope the Celtics dont go this route, where the players start to consider other teams because the fans have been too critical and unsupportive.

Why do you think Kyrie is in BKN this year? He literally committed to the Cs in the pre-season and then the fans/media crushed him (deservedly so). I get that the narrative was that he wanted to go back home, but BOS totally embraced him, we might be looking at a re-signed Kyrie instead of Kemba.

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 09:15:22 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Might just be me but...

I actually would rather have Tatum over Embiid. I would rather pair the two up because their good friends and have great chemistry in the off-season.
It's not just you.  I'd rather have Tatum too.  I want to stay a very good team for a long time and Tatum seems a lot more conducive to that.

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 09:19:47 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Might just be me but...

It's not just you.  I'd rather have Tatum too.  I want to stay a very good team for a long time and Tatum seems a lot more conducive to that.
I'd rather win titles and in that I think Embiid gets us a lot closer, especially while Walker and Hayward are still relevant. 

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 09:24:04 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

Might just be me but...

I'd rather win titles and in that I think Embiid gets us a lot closer, especially while Walker and Hayward are still relevant.
That's cool, until his body breaks down to the point where he can barely play half a season.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 10:10:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Might just be me but...

That's cool, until his body breaks down to the point where he can barely play half a season.
I think he has a good 5 years of elite play and another 3 of decent play, but frankly he might only need 2 more years of elite play to get Boston a title.  I think a top 5 of Embiid, Walker, Brown, Hayward, and Smart is the favorite next year. Certainly on par with Milwaukee and the 2 LA teams.  Boston is title town, not the town of very good

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 11:57:52 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Might just be me but...

I think he has a good 5 years of elite play and another 3 of decent play, but frankly he might only need 2 more years of elite play to get Boston a title.  I think a top 5 of Embiid, Walker, Brown, Hayward, and Smart is the favorite next year. Certainly on par with Milwaukee and the 2 LA teams.  Boston is title town, not the town of very good
I'd prefer to have a decent shot at a title for 10 years over having a great shot at a title for a couple years.  I'm all set with the constant rebuilding and reconfiguring.  Our 2008 title was awesome but I wish we got KG and Ray a few years earlier because the run was too short and before long we had to start from scratch.  I don't want to go back to having meaningless  seasons for a very long time.